• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Don’t get me wrong - I don’t like Dexit even though I love SWSH - but you don’t have to buy the DLC to get the +200 Pokémon. They’ll be updated into the games regardless and you can acquire them without the DLC through trading or Home. Which happens to be exactly how I got my Pokémon that didn’t appear in the Alola dex in my Ultra Sun game.

True but you still have to pay to get them though regardless (unless you use local wireless to trade for them) meaning those 200 Pokemon are locked behind a pay wall of 30 if you buy the DLC 20 if you buy the year of switch online (so you can get them via online trading) or at least 5 if you transfer them from bank via home. Mind you this is US currency though.

It's hardly any different than in previous generations.

If someone bought Pokemon X but didn't want to buy Omega Ruby but they wanted a Baltoy (it's not in X) then they could:

1. Migrate a Baltoy from a previous generation.

2. Trade for it.

Except back then you did not have to pay to trade online for it

if you wanna go back to before that it was kinda shady as well as

back then the migration system/ Trade system was a glorified microtransaction in itself (as it forced consumers to often buy 2 games and another system if they had one already or buy 2 in that case with a cable ) to "Catch them all" which was in many the brain child of Miyamoto's vision for the series as it was his idea for the paired versions as Rather than have a single game, to emphasize the trading aspects, players would have to link up with a friend (or do what i said) to achieve the ultimate goal of catching them all. For this, the main rival of the Generation I games and their remakes has "Shigeru" on his list of default names, while his anime counterpart is directly named "Shigeru", in Miyamoto's honor.

You still can, can't you? I find using the Serebii Trade Discord is more useful than GTS.

Level 1 legendaries. Anyone. Or female Ditto.
Whoops. You can, not could, use the Internet in gens 6 and 7. Sorry about that.

Also, I’ve found asking for stuff on the GTS is more fruitful than searching. If it ever returns GameFreak should really block impossible trades.

Whoops. You can, not could, use the Internet in gens 6 and 7. Sorry about that.

Also, I’ve found asking for stuff on the GTS is more fruitful than searching. If it ever returns GameFreak should really block impossible trades.
Don't you also need to have seen the Pokémon you search for?

I do wonder how these 2 new regis will tie into the original 3.

Do you need the original trio to unlock the new ones ?

Based on the symbols on the temple door is there more than 2 new regis perhaps a third we have yet to see ?

Do we need all 5 ? To awaken Regigigas or is a maxraid battle perhaps a new gmax form for him

So many questions

The 2 new DLC seems to offer quite a bit of content, which is good. I'm glad they've finally decided to go with DLC instead of releasing 3rd versions again, it's cheaper to go with DLC to get added content rather than re-purchasing the same game again just to access some added content, so this should benefit the majority of players.

I'm excited to learn more about the new DLC content as time passes.

TBH, I really don't understand people having a problem with completing the Pokedex. Discord is SOOOO useful for doing so, and finding trading Discords in super easy. There's even an image floating around with trade numbers to input for version exclusives. Lemme see if I can find it.

Yeah, here ya go:

• 7201: Deino - Larvitar
  • 7202: Jangmo-o - Goomy
  • 7203: Galarian Farfetch'd - Galarian Ponyta
  • 7204: Turtonator - Drampa
  • 7205: Mawile - Sableye
  • 7206: Gothita - Solosis
  • 7207: Rufflet - Vullaby
  • 7208: Sawk - Throh
  • 7209: Seedot - Lotad
  • 7210: Swirlix - Spritzee
  • 7211: Scarggy- Croagunk
  • 7212: Solrock - Lunatone
  • 7213: Passimian - Oranguru
  • 7214: Basculin (Red Stripe) - Basculin (Blue Stripe)
  • 7215: Galarian Darumaka - Galarian Corsola
  • 7216: Flapple - Appletun
  • 7217: Stonjourner - Eiscue
  • 7218: Zacian - Zamazenta

A random point:you can get 60 different IDs in the living dex through the "community trade codes" alone,without having to ask 3 different guys for jangmo-o.
as I said ,a random point

I'm sick and tired of the rumour-videos about the expansion-pass on youtube; it doesn't matter how plausible they are, they're certainly fake and not worth the coverage.

We had no true leaks about DLC and now rumours suddenly get posted? Not buying it.

Also kind of tired of the people pretending like SwSh is not a full game. It is. Maybe not as feature-rich as some would've hoped, but a full game nonetheless. Those new 3D assets don't build themselves. It's also not very buggy, which is a blessing this day and age.

GameFreak does deserve some constructive criticism here and there (challenge for older players, expoints, graphics of the overworld, etc.), but it's not half a game.

EDIT:
I guess the showcasing of this Salamence (as well as the other Pokémon which are confirmed for the Crown Tundra or already in the data) is a mistake and not a sign for the future?

View: https://twitter.com/WolfeyGlick/status/1218965737873776642

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom