• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN013: Satoshi VS Dande! The Road to the Strongest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In the stadium after the championship match, a Drednaw has Gigantamaxed! And Ash and Gou fight against it. At that time, Ash and Pikachu are wrapped up in a red light...?!"

I was so confused on my first read. I interpreted it as Ash and Go were fighting against Drednaw, but somehow Ash and Pikachu got wrapped up in a traffic jam at a red light

It is weird that the summary has nothing to do with the title. Possibly Ash Vs Leon is very short (Leon IS an undefeated champion), or maybe they don't actually battle and the title is referring to something else?
I don't know, it's odd.

So Ash is Dynamaxing a Pokémon now. I wonder if Gou will do it at some point?

It is weird that the summary has nothing to do with the title. Possibly Ash Vs Leon is very short (Leon IS an undefeated champion), or maybe they don't actually battle and the title is referring to something else?
I don't know, it's odd.

So Ash is Dynamaxing a Pokémon now. I wonder if Gou will do it at some point?
Hmm... Based on the summary, my theory at the moment is that the Drednaw could appear at the end of the last episode, either interrupting the battle or (preferably) happening after it, and Ash and Go step in. Then, in this episode, Ash and Go fight it, when Pikachu suddenly grows big and helps defeating it, which impresses Leon so much that he'll ask to battle Ash.

Last edited:
Hmm... Based on the summary, my theory at the moment is that the Drednaw could appear at the end of the last episode, either interrupting the battle or (preferably) happening after it, and Ash and Go step in. Then, in this episode, Ash and Go, fight it, when Pikachu suddenly grows big and helps defeating it, which impresses Leon so much that he'll ask to battle Ash.
More likely. The battle will be interrupeted

Boy, that escalated quickly.

These episodes are really starting to sound pretty good! I really like that this one is connected to the one before it; a nice change of pace. I'm hopeful Ash will finally have a real goal after this episode!

Ao Ash is once again going to need help from a gimmick to win over someone far more powerful than he could ever hope to be

Ash isn't beating Leon 13 episodes into a new series, and it doesn't seem that Drednaw has any connection to him either, so this seems like a big jump to conclusions.

Dynamaxing random Pokémon

Seems the real villain is starting to show his presence

Of course its not other than...

MUGENDAIMAX SAMA oh and the president maybe...

The plot is starting...

ScholarlyOptimalErmine-max-1mb.gif

All I want from this episode is for Ash to NOT do the Galar gym challenge after this episode, for a couple of reasons.

1) Ash is the Alola champion, and he’s already done the same travel from gym to gym format 6 times by now. It would just be retreading old ground that has no reason to be around.

2) It would defeat the whole premise around this series, where it’s a world tour that’s not bound to a specific region.

Ash can do plenty of battle related challenges that take place around the world while still having episodes that take place in Galar and also introduce characters and Pokémon from the games.

As sarcastically pointed out by @santiagus , this episode will feature the second and third instances of Pokémon dynamaxing accidentally. Are they hints to the Rose plot?

I want to see Hop too, but him being able to battle his brother anytime would make his development less exciting. Also there are already two battles for one episode so it's better to leave the plot at that.

All I want from this episode is for Ash to NOT do the Galar gym challenge after this episode, for a couple of reasons.

1) Ash is the Alola champion, and he’s already done the same travel from gym to gym format 6 times by now. It would just be retreading old ground that has no reason to be around.

2) It would defeat the whole premise around this series, where it’s a world tour that’s not bound to a specific region.

Ash can do plenty of battle related challenges that take place around the world while still having episodes that take place in Galar and also introduce characters and Pokémon from the games.

Agreed. The gym challenge is not only stale IMO, but it feels out of place given the series premise. Ash back tracking to Galar and then going off to Sinnoh or whatever, just feels weird IMO.

Gyms are just trials anyhow. They can come up with some other global challenge that fulfills the same role narratively.

Dynamaxing random Pokémon

Seems the real villain is starting to show his presence

Of course its not other than...

MUGENDAIMAX SAMA oh and the president maybe...

The plot is starting...

View attachment 130732

Considering that they explicitly said that there IS no plot in this series... It's not happening.

And adapting the plot of Sword/Shield would defeat the entire purpose of this not being being a Sword/Shield anime. You can't adapt Galar and visit other regions at the same time.

I think we might get this...
Now:
- Lance loses to Leon
- Satoshi loses to Leon
Leon remains undefeated.
At the championship:
- Satoshi loses again to Leon, because they cannot make him number one in the world just yet unless they plan on letting him go as the main character;
- Lance beats Leon, so that they show that Leon is not invincible and at least one of the two gets to 'avenge' their defeat.
Possibly in the middle of the series Satoshi wins against Lance, so to show that Satoshi is a powerful champion even if he loses the world championships.
In this way things would be balanced because, throughout the series:
Satoshi wins against Lance who wins against Leon who wins against Satoshi.

- Satoshi loses again to Leon, because they cannot make him number one in the world just yet unless they plan on letting him go as the main character;
Not necessarily. Being a Pokémon Master apparently means more than just being the strongest trainer, and people spent decades saying he couldn't win a regional league or the series would end.

I'm not saying your idea can't happen but I'd find it unsatisfying if Ash's arc ends up being "Leon is hyped up then Ash loses to him anyways". We don't need another Alain, even if Lance beats him later.

Not necessarily. Being a Pokémon Master apparently means more than just being the strongest trainer, and people spent decades saying he couldn't win a regional league or the series would end.

I'm not saying your idea can't happen but I'd find it unsatisfying if Ash's arc ends up being "Leon is hyped up then Ash loses to him anyways". We don't need another Alain, even if Lance beats him later.

This isn't an official match anyway.

Considering that they explicitly said that there IS no plot in this series... It's not happening.

And adapting the plot of Sword/Shield would defeat the entire purpose of this not being being a Sword/Shield anime. You can't adapt Galar and visit other regions at the same time.
They could show Sordward and Shielbert in the shadows and then have Ash come back later in the series when they make a move again, especially if Sakuragi takes an interest in the fact Pikachu reacted to Dynamax energy

Well, they could repurpose the SwSh plot slightly to work on a "global" scale, since apparently Dynamax isn’t exclusive to Galar since they’re having raid battles in Unova.

Not necessarily. They could do things similar to how it was done in Sun and Moon where access to the other islands was readily available and Ash could’ve gone to the other islands to compete in Grand Trials at any time but did other things in between. He could essentially take on the Galar Gyms in between his duties as a research assistant. This is his second trip to Galar and judging by the average length of the series, the other regions are gonna have multiple trips as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom