• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

KFF's Planet Zoo DLC prediction thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
With last month's release of the Arctic DLC for Planet Zoo on Steam, I've been thinking of some ideas for potential DLC packs. Each DLC pack would come with roughly five habitat animals and a new theme or two for buildings, and (maybe some exhibit animals or new concepts)

Australian Pack (includes a building theme based on Aboriginal Dreamtime)
Habitat animals: Red Kangaroo, Southern Cassowary, Tasmanian Devil, Koala, Emu
Exhibit animals: Bearded dragon, blue-tongued skink

Central/South American Pack (includes a Inca building theme)
Habitat Animals: Jaguar, Llama, Maned Wolf, Giant Anteater, Capybara
Exhibit Animals: Three-Toed Sloth, Pink Fairy Armadillo, Chinchilla

Aquarium DLC: (includes building themes inspired by Atlantis and Polynesia)
Habitat Animals: King Penguin, California Sea Lion, Green Sea Turtle, Black-tip Reef Shark, Bottlenose Dolphin, Sea Otter, Orca
Exhibit Animals: various small fish I'm too lazy to list

Desert DLC (Includes an Arabian Nights building theme)
Habitat Animals: Addax, Fennec Fox, Dromedary Camel
Exhibit Animals: Egyptian Cobra, Leopard gecko

Avian DLC (includes new buildings for flying birds)
Habitat Animals: Scarlet Macaw, Bearded Vulture, Bald Eagle, Eurasian Eagle Owl, Toco Toucan, Greater Indian Hornbill
Exhibit Animal: smaller birbs

Farm Animal DLC (includes a Farm building theme)
Habitat Animals: Shetland Pony, Nubian Goat, Border Leicester Sheep, Holstein Cow, Domestic Chicken, Mallard Duck

North America DLC:
Habitat animals: moose, American alligator, wolverine, mountain lion, American beaver, wild Turkey, red fox, mule deer

If I think of more, I will update the list

Last edited:
The current DLCs that exist are Arctic, South America, Australia, and Aquatic.
My next guess is Nocturnal.
Sun Bear has been confirmed to be in whatever the next DLC is my prediction:
Habitat animals: Sun Bear (and then THREE of the following), Fennec Fox, North Island Brown Kiwi, Bobcat, Aardwolf, Crested Porcupine, Tasmanian Devil
Exhibit animal: either Tokay gecko or leopard gecko

Since my previous post here, we have gotten the Southeast Asia Animal Pack (no new building set, but a few more new animals to make up for it) and the Africa pack
I'm guessing the next dlc will be a North America animal pack, with 7 habitat animal species and 1 new exhibit species, akin to the southeast Asia dlc .

My prediction for this would be:
1. Moose
2. American alligator
3. Beaver
4. Canadian lynx
5. Wild turkey
6. Bighorn sheep
7. California sea lion
Exhibit: Axolotl

Now that North America and Europe have had DLC, we're getting the wetlands animal pack. This pack will have the capybara, the platypus, the water buffalo, the Nile lechwe, Asian small clawed otter, red crowned crane, spectacled caiman, and Danube newt.

My predictions for future dlc for the remainder of 2022 will be different now that frontier is done with continents.

Conservation Pack arrives in a week!
We're getting new building pieces which includes some behind the scenes props, along with five very interesting endangered species!
Przewalski's horse, Amur leopard, Scimitar-horned oryx, Siamang and Axolotl!

My predictions for the final two DLC packs for the year 2022 are...

Fall (late August - early October release window, most likely an animal pack as opposed to a normal pack)
A: Nocturnal animal pack (Tasmanian devil, North Island brown kiwi, Coati, Black rhinoceros, Tanuki, African crested porcupine, Spectacled bear, Leopard gecko)
OR
B: Domestic animal pack: (Dromedary camel, Nigerian dwarf goat, Rhode Island red chicken, Muscovy duck, Highland cattle, Shetland pony, Vietnamese potbellied pig, Leopard gecko)
OR
C: Island animal pack: (Tasmanian devil, Fossa, North Island brown kiwi, Rockhopper penguin, Coconut crab, Sumatran rhinoceros, Key deer, Lord Howe Island stick insect)

For the winter.... most likely normal content pack coming between out mid November and mid December
Possibilities
A: Mountain pack (Wolverine, Bighorn sheep, Gelada baboon, Pallas's cat, Tuatara, plus a building set based on Tibetan and Appalachian architecture)
OR
B: Desert pack (Dromedary camel, Emu, Hamadryas baboon, Coyote, Chuckwalla, plus a building set based on wild West architecture)

And for the 3rd year anniversary of Planet zoo in early November... A free update that adds one or two of the following animals to the base game roster (Red river hog, American black bear, Emu, Grevy's zebra, Masai giraffe, Dromedary camel, African spurred tortoise, common wildebeest, ocelot, wild turkey, golden pheasant, Caribbean flamingo)

I was totally wrong about the upcoming DLC this fall being an animal pack... At least getting a species of bat as a new and so far only walkthrough exhibit animal is a good transition to getting an aviary pack in the future. Also the scenery seems very good for Halloween. The habitat animals are a raccoon, a common wombat, red fox, and striped skunk.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom