• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Blaziken vs Empoleon

I really do like Empoleon - it's one of my favorite non-Fire starters, but Blaziken will always win for me as my favorite starter PERIOD. It's just unmatched in my eyes.

I think Empoleon would win, personally. Or at least in gen. 4. Empoleon's defense stat would hold through from a sky uppercut, and he could finish the battle with Hydro Pump/Surf.

But to be fair, in gen. 5 Blaziken can learn Hi Jump Kick, so it could probably end the battle quick with one of those.

YES! I believe Empoleon owns Blaziken. But I have really good memories with Empoleon, (It was the first Pokemon I ever obtained in my first Pokemon Game, Platinum,) and I'm guessing a lot of you have good memories with Blaziken. So It is kind of an endless debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blaziken - With speed boost he can really wreck if used properly. He has quite a good attacking type, great ability and moovepool. I do however think Empoleon looks better, really cool design.

Blaziken. Just one Sky Uppercut and it's finished.
Also Blaziken has a cooler design and is faster.

One fighting move from Blaziken and it's over for the Steel Penguin.

However, I still like the burning Ape more than both.

Blaziken's Hi Jump Kick would put Empoleon down but if it were to miss then Empoleon would get the win... I really don't know, can I call a tie?

Hey, my opinion might be a little biased here, 'cause Piplup was my first Pokémon back on Platinum. But to be fair they both have a number of things going for them. Empoleon dominates in defenses and Special Attack. Blaziken reigns supreme in Attack and Speed. They have about equal HP. Who would win in a battle?Gen 4, Empoleon. Mine's put up with far worse than sky uppercut before, and a well placed Hydro Pump takes Blaziken out. But in Gen 5, Blaziken gains Hi Jump Kick, and Empoleon can't deal with that. Who do I like better? Empoleon. By far. But Blaziken is cool too.

Blaziken, hands down. The original Fire/Fighting-type (and actually does a good job as one), much cooler design, has (or had) a signature move (Blaze Kick), and better movepool. While I do like Empoleon (my favorite Water-type Starter), I prefer Blaziken. Now, to answer your other questions:

Which would win a match?
Tight call, I'd say Blaziken, though it could go either way.

Which is more useful?
Blaziken: has a lot more at its disposal, giving it better coverage and balance.

Which do you actually prefer, for whichever reason?
Blaziken. Reasons: read all above statements.

In terms of battle it is based on the trainer's skills for example empoleon maybe slow but it has aquajet but blaziken has powerful fighting type moves

In terms of usefulness empoleon has 11 resistance with immunity and it can use many TMs including surf and waterfall

So empoleon is the best starter overall

I'll take a steel penguin over a Fire/Fighting any day of the week. Of course, Blaziken is the original Fire/Fighting starter, but overall, I'm not too impressed by it anyways. I like Empoleon a lot more.

There’s something about Blaziken that I just don’t like so I have to give it to Empoleon.

Empoleon, its typing is unique, and Blaziken is just ugly and overpowered thanks to Speed Boost.

Blaziken for sure. I'm a huge fan of either, but that Mega is awesome. Plus it kicks derrieres

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom