• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

This isn’t cause I’ve got writers block
It’s cause I fell asleep last night at my computer with my computer on and as expected I woke up with tons of random letters for like 6 pages
I woke up slumped in my computer chair so I must woke up for me not to go to my bed
That was fun figuring out how much I had to delete

Hope everyone's keeping it together in these strange times. I'm personally finding it very difficult to deal with the lack of face-to-face human interaction in my life right now, more than I expected to, in fact. At least the sun is shining brightly most days, and I hear plenty of spring birdsong. It's good to keep that sort of thing in mind.

Meanwhile, I've been participating in Camp NaNoWriMo! I only gave myself the very modest goal of 10k words, but I'm not only on track, but ahead of schedule, so I'm perfectly chuffed about it. Anyone else joining in?

Thanks

Don't know if anyone has done such a series but part of my idea involves the trainer having to deal with life in a wheelchair after being accidentally hurt by her Pokemon's attack
Oh, I think you and @Misfit Angel could discuss a lot about this!

Hope everyone's keeping it together in these strange times. I'm personally finding it very difficult to deal with the lack of face-to-face human interaction in my life right now, more than I expected to, in fact. At least the sun is shining brightly most days, and I hear plenty of spring birdsong. It's good to keep that sort of thing in mind.
Mood, cat. Mood.

Meanwhile, I've been participating in Camp NaNoWriMo! I only gave myself the very modest goal of 10k words, but I'm not only on track, but ahead of schedule, so I'm perfectly chuffed about it. Anyone else joining in?
Yes! Chugging along to minigoal of 25k; mostly just feels good to be trying to produce content again.

I'm doing a little background reading before I finalise my Trainers of Fanfiction entry. Beyond that it's taking a quasi-break from The Long Walk - I've not stopped working on it, but the beginning of a new arc seems like a good chance to let my plot ideas breathe and work out the kinks

Well, my character is likely ditching her wheelchair entirely in a couple chapters, so I'm not sure what it'd serve to learn about it other than general knowledge. This dumb brain of mine is already bursting at the seams with info I don't need that I can't fit the good stuff in anymore :(

Hello all! I cannot remember the last time I've posted here. Hope all the old regulars have been well, and all the new people are enjoying the site!

While our national lockdown here in NZ has been incredibly unproductive for me, since my personal computer is now my work station (woo!), I thought of this place the other day when I saw Ash's latest acquisition in the anime, and @Persephone's old thread came to mind. I managed to track this down, and lo and behold, three of Ash's new Pokemon feature on the 'overused' list. If anyone wants evidence that the anime feels a bit like a fanfic now, some slightly scientific evidence can now back it up!

Hello all! I cannot remember the last time I've posted here. Hope all the old regulars have been well, and all the new people are enjoying the site!

Hello Ace, it's good to see you again. I'm not doing so badly for myself these days, lockdown has me working with rather less human interaction than usual, like everyone else at the moment, but otherwise things are okay. Hope you're doing well too.

Last edited:
Twitter and Equestria Daily aren't loading for me at all, and parts of Reddit won't either. Are all these sites down for anyone else, or is my connection just bad?

Hello Ace, it's good to see you again. I'm not doing so badly for myself these days, lockdown has me working with rather less human interaction than usual, like everyone else at the moment, but otherwise things are okay. Hope you're doing well too.
I am doing fine. I am perfectly fine with not much human interaction so am fine with my time stuck at home, though I am very much looking forward to being able to go out again soon.

I just realised after posting here last night that it'll be 10 years of Eight Easy Steps later this year - I really need to hurry up and write more of that before then!

Hi! I’d love some friends who love writing and Pokémon. :3 I love fanfic and want to write some myself. I am also want to write for neopets

Back
Top Bottom