• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Team Rocket Disguise?

Not even intellect, just basic functioning eyes.

I couldn’t see AG due to the erratic airing of my country's dub at the time, and I haven’t bothered to see the series since, but the episode summary... I'd have shut down the television halfway through the episode I had been subjected to that rubbish (when I was very well within the "target audience" of 10-13). That episode sounds like trash.
Seeing Ash wreck the jerks was sort of fun (especially when he's getting tired and tells them to just attack all at once and Pikachu takes them all down) until it ended with Torchic blasting him with Ember, but I did not find it one of AG's stronger episodes.

MTsm64GcgkBpBO4zYBCTISX8T5wOGQ--

To be fair, they were short on time.

I meant this:

Team_Rocket_Disguise_EP144.png

They were fitting disguises I guess since TRio were in what was essentially a giant greenhouse but I dunno. I thought that Meowth being literal grass was sort of lazy compared to Jessie's sunflower costume though...

Wow, this thread is ancient. :lapras:

I think the worst disguise is the infamous inflatable bikini.

Although it's interesting to see how fans who later realized that they didn't fit into society's gender roles, identified with Team Rocket gender bender disguises when they were kids. Even if this was probably for the sake of comedy rather than trying to add more diversity to show.

To be fair, in Pokémon world people who look like clones of other people are very common. Like how James’s mom, Jessie’s mom, and Jessebelle looks like triplets but they aren’t even related. So when they see someone who looks like Jessie and James, Ash and the others could assume that they are just people who looks like them.

Last edited:
To be fair, in Pokémon world people who look like clones of other people are very common. Like how James’s mom, Jessie’s mom, and Jessebelle looks like triplets but they aren’t even related. So when they see someone who looks like Jessie and James, Ash and the others could assume that they are just people who looks like them.

While clearly not every character design is unique, it would take a huge amount of suspension of disbelief to assume that Ash and his pals think that TRio in disguises are just random people who coincidentally look like them 99.9% of the time. Like come on.

I looked over the list of each disguise that I have seen thus far, and these three make my list.

The giant pink costumes of Gengar and Tauros from "In The Pink!", the hideous Moltres costume that James wore from "The Fortune Hunters", and lastly the terrible impersonation of Ash and Duplica from "Immitation Confrontation".

@Pikadex... Pal... just what is your definition of the word "worst"? :confused:

I submitted my answers according to what I think personally, so in this case, the disguises I listed were personal opinions on the "worst disguises".

While clearly not every character design is unique, it would take a huge amount of suspension of disbelief to assume that Ash and his pals think that TRio in disguises are just random people who coincidentally look like them 99.9% of the time. Like come on.
Adding more to that, the fact that these people are always accompanied by a short deformed Meowth faced man (how anyone ever falls for any of Meowth’s disguises is beyond me. They might as well just have him stay as is and act like a regular Meowth) it’s a wonder that they don’t spot TR right away.

(how anyone ever falls for any of Meowth’s disguises is beyond me. They might as well just have him stay as is and act like a regular Meowth)
Are you going to be the person who accuses the short hairy person of being a Meowth in disguise? You get it wrong even once and your name's mud.

(The scene where he actually did that in AG was fun).

Are you going to be the person who accuses the short hairy person of being a Meowth in disguise? You get it wrong even once and your name's mud.

(The scene where he actually did that in AG was fun).
If this were a comedy themed series, it’d be hilarious to see that scenario happen in which it turns out to just be a short hairy man.

Jessie and James standing on each other, trying to look like a hefty fighting type trainer.
You know, sad thing is, a lot of the OS outfits were a lot better than later in the series where it feels more like the writers either ran out of ideas or just didn’t care. Heck, James’ outfit in the Orange Islands where he was dressed up as Meowth’s mother in the Poliwag episode was really well done as was the one from Saffron City.

Anytime Jessie performed under some variation of her name and used Seviper or Dustox, especially when she'd be disqualified for breaking the rules. How Ash, May and Brock never caught on is incredible, especially since they spent a lot of time battling Team Rocket and would have become very familiar with their team and movesets.

Anytime Jessie performed under some variation of her name and used Seviper or Dustox, especially when she'd be disqualified for breaking the rules. How Ash, May and Brock never caught on is incredible, especially since they spent a lot of time battling Team Rocket and would have become very familiar with their team and movesets.
Ash: Huh this Jessi person with red hair, has a Dustox just like Jessie from Team Rocket and the same voice as well. I wonder if it means anything
May: Don’t be silly Ash. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence.
Ash: Yea I’m sure you’re right.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom