• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokefan info concerning a few future episodes has been translated

Reaction score
Courtesy of Dephender on Serebii:

"POKEMON FAN:

View: https://i.imgur.com/B2pL8MQ.jpg

A SUPER SCOOP ON THE LATEST HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE POKÈMON ANIME!!
Satoshi and Go's adventures are always overflowing with new encounters and fierce battles! Check out the latest news and enjoy the anime with all your might!

SCOOP 1: 3 NEW POKÈMON GET DISCOVERED IN RAPID SUCCESSION!
Satoshi and Go might get new companions?! Look forward to being able to meet this trio in their first ever anime appearances!
MESSON: Messon can disappear completely by hiding in water. It's just as timid as it looks.
*Blurb: It's on the verge of crying after being frightened by something! Will battling be completely impossible for it?!
MORPEKO: When it gets hungry, it changes form and goes on a rampage! Maybe one can get it by using food in a clever way?!
KAMONEGI (GALAR FORM): Here comes the Galar region's Kamonegi, which use heavy-looking leek as their weapon! They randomly challenge others to battle!

SCOOP 2: FIERCE FIGHTS IN OFFICIAL POKÈMON WCS MATCHES!!
Here come the next powerful opponent Satoshi challenges, as well as a battler who's no less skilled than a Champion!
CORNI, GYM LEADER FROM THE KALOS REGION: A Fighting type Trainer that has fought Satoshi before.
*Hurry to the next page for info on Corni and Satoshi's official match!
KIBANA, GYM LEADER FROM THE GALAR REGION: A Dragon type Trainer said to be almost as powerful as a Champion. Will he be the one to defeat the unbeatable Dande?!
*Blurb: He is one of the only 8 "Masters Eight" in the entire world!

View: https://i.imgur.com/BsTwGzg.jpg

SCOOP 3: A SUPER FIERCE MATCH WHERE PROGRESSION TO POKÈMON WCS SUPER CLASS IS AT STAKE: SATOSHI VS CORNI!
Satoshi is participating in the "Battle Festival", where it's possible to instantly increase your rank in the Pokémon WCS, and ends up facing Corni in a match when only one more win will let him progress to Super Class! The battle becomes super fierce, with intense moves clashing against one another! How will it end?!
"A Battle Festival Exploding with Life! VS Mega Lucario!" will air May 10th!
(Airdate and -time may vary depending on region) (A different episode may air instead)

View: https://i.imgur.com/TLOJuOQ.jpg

SATOSHI VS CORNI: WHO WILL WIN?!
Corni's Lucario is capable of Mega Evolving, which temporarily powers up a Pokémon! And Corni herself is burning with determination to settle the score with Satoshi, who defeated her in a prior match!
*Blurb: Corni is one in body and soul with her Pokémon when she fights! She's a Fighting type expert!
LUCARIO: When it Mega Evolves, its body grows in size, and its attack power increases as well! Its strength is unmanageable!
*Blurb: Satoshi grins even as he sees Mega Lucario's power. What kind of plan does he have?!

Satoshi's goal is FIGHTING DANDE, THE STRONGEST OF THEM ALL!
Even if he beats Corni, he'll have to challenge and win against powerful opponents with high ranks in order to fight Dande!
He currently has 4 Pokémon!
The Pokémon he currently has on hand are Kairyu and these 3: Gangar, Pikachu and Riolu. Aim to increase your rank through battle training and getting even more companions!

SCOOP 4: GO GETS A TON OF POKÈMON IN THE KALOS REGION?!
Go tries to get new Pokémon on his first visit to the Kalos region! How many Pokémon will he be able to register in the Pokémon Zukan?
YAYAKOMA: It's friendly, but will face battles with a burning fighting spirit!
KAMETETE: Two Kametete live together on a single rock. And sometimes they don't get along and start to fight?!
BOKUREI: They use voices that resemble humans' to lure people deep into forests where they get lost!
KOFUKIMUSHI: It can regulate its body temperature using the power that covers its body. This lets it live in both blazing hot and freezing cold areas.
FLABEBE: When it discovers a flower it likes, it will live with that flower for the rest of its life.
*Blurb: There are all kinds of flower colors!
Go will play a major role in the episode airing May 10th as well! His role in this episode is just as much a must see as Satoshi's fierce battle!
(Airdate and -time may vary depending on region. A different episode may air instead)"

Discuss.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting!
Blurb: Satoshi grins even as he sees Mega Lucario's power. What kind of plan does he have?!
I suppose since he knows about Mega Lucario he'd have a plan for dealing with it.

The Pokémon he currently has on hand are Kairyu and these 3: Gangar, Pikachu and Riolu. Aim to increase your rank through battle training and getting even more companions!
This seems to pretty much confirm Mimey was a temp.

Go will play a major role in the episode airing May 10th as well! His role in this episode is just as much a must see as Satoshi's fierce battle!
Hmm, could that scene of him and Raboot in the rain be from here?

This seems to pretty much confirm Mimey was a temp.

Which is a shame, since Mimey’s fighting style was so fun to watch and I’d love to see him battle more often. (In fact, his overall presence in the series has diminished as of late. Forget more Team Rocket; give us more Mimey, darn it!)

Those air dates are meaningless right? Because the hiatus should still be in effect last I heard. It's hard to get excited for those episodes knowing that we won't be seeing them for a while.

Those air dates are meaningless right? Because the hiatus should still be in effect last I heard. It's hard to get excited for those episodes knowing that we won't be seeing them for a while.
Yeah, pretty sure those guys had no chance to edit that before this issue was released. I don't think they had any way of knowing the show would go on hiatus.

Also, poor Grookey's crying in the corner waiting for its chance to shine.

The hiatus was pretty much a last minute decision given that they still had a next episode preview. These magazine scans were planned well in advance to help hype up these episodes, so they most likely weren't able to remove them before the magazine was published. These episodes do sound interesting and I'm kind of glad that Mr. Mime isn't included as part of Ash's team lineup, but it's going to be awhile before the episodes air.

Wonder if Go is aiming to catch every form of a Pokemon as well... If that's the case, this would be an excellent opportunity to show off the 12 other patterns of Vivillon that didn't show up in the anime, as well as the White Flower Flabébé, which was the only form that never appeared on the anime.

Also, since this edition of Pokemon Fan would have come out after SS023, does it mean no one would have managed to catch Morpeko in its debut episode? Or was it ever confirmed that Morpeko would have debuted in SS023?

How is this a leak? It's an officially published magazine as far as I'm concerned

Wonder if Go is aiming to catch every form of a Pokemon as well... If that's the case, this would be an excellent opportunity to show off the 12 other patterns of Vivillon that didn't show up in the anime, as well as the White Flower Flabébé, which was the only form that never appeared on the anime.

Also, since this edition of Pokemon Fan would have come out after SS023, does it mean no one would have managed to catch Morpeko in its debut episode? Or was it ever confirmed that Morpeko would have debuted in SS023?
Morpeko already debuted in TW04

...come on, stop being obtuse. I'm talking about its main series debut here
It's my favourite kind of triangle...
In spite of understanding your point, we had only 10 galar pokémon (or something like that) shown so far. So when you say debut, I get vietnam flashbacks of all the ones that are still to come.
Meanwhile, I am almost 90% sure that Morpeko will be in the 23rd episode!

It's my favourite kind of triangle...
In spite of understanding your point, we had only 10 galar pokémon (or something like that) shown so far. So when you say debut, I get vietnam flashbacks of all the ones that are still to come.
Meanwhile, I am almost 90% sure that Morpeko will be in the 23rd episode!

I'm a fan of isosceles myself

But yea, we've only had 10 Galar Pokemon debuts so far this series.

To quote myself from another thread:
Comparing the number of Pokemon species debuted in each series up to this point (first 22 episodes, including specials), using Bulbapedia as a reference (Mega Evolutions, Regional Variants, and Gigantamax Forms counted separately):

Original Series - 55
AG - 24
DP - 24
BW - 47
XY - 27 (+5 Mega Evolution)
SM - 34 (+8 Alolan)
SS - 10 (+4 Gigantamax)

(Note: Pokemon that debuted before the start of a series, such as Harrison's Blaziken, don't count, but tv debuts do count)

Part of the reason that AG, DP, and XY have lower numbers is because they all have had some of their Pokemon debut in the previous series.

As for SS, all we can say is that it has quite a bit of catching up to do, even if this hiatus had not happened...

By the way, AG would have been 2 lower if we only count current gen Pokemon, as Typhlosion and Flaaffy debuted in AG instead of during OS.

Edit: You can disregard this post. I managed to edit the title, but here was my original post for this comment:

How is this a leak? It's an officially published magazine as far as I'm concerned
I don't know. I guess I wasn't thinking of the best title possible. If a mod or admin feels like changing the title to something more appropriate, then be my guest. I'm still relatively new here, so I'm not sure if I'm able to change the title myself and even if I can, I honestly can't think of a better topic title.

Last edited:
I wonder if those other Kalos pokemon mean an other Kalos episode is int he works, or if Goh catches them all in the Ash vs. Korrina episode to pad it out...

Also...anyone else bothered by the lack of PM24 in that coverage? Are the TRio really THAT insignificant this series? :cry:

Come on, PokeFan! I know they kind of suck because of the Rockt Gatcha, but they're our ONLY source of antagonism now! I know OLM gets a sadistic pleasure out of spiting us who are in it for the villains, but this is a new low...

I could not care less about Go catching sprees.

Why someone would? Those Pokemon do nothing are almost filler. Yeah I know about episode 23 but can you call that a development episode? And episode that is more centered in the place (The lab) than in the Pokemon.

What about Team Rocket? They deserve some respect, without Team Rocket there is no series. Think of that.

About the Pokemon World Tournament: Im okay with Ash advancing ranks now, he is fightng with strong Pokemon, the fact is that since this is tournament use a ranking system I'm sure at some point Ash will have a series of defeats that will be interesting to see how he reacts to that. Since at gyms or trials he can ask for a rematch but this is different.

Topic title changed to be more appropriate.

Also, I have a prediction concerning Sobble. The blurb states that battling might be impossible for it. If Ash gets Sobble and tries to get it to battle in some PWT matches, maybe this Sobble loses a few or a couple of times, resulting in Ash going down the rankings? If this happens, we might see some character development with this Pokemon where it could either get so upset that it no longer wants to battle and take interest in something else or it feels so bad that it wants to keep at it to show Ash that it can battle, potentially triggering an evolution and then showing its true power. I don't know, I just felt like throwing out a prediction.

Topic title changed to be more appropriate.

Also, I have a prediction concerning Sobble. The blurb states that battling might be impossible for it. If Ash gets Sobble and tries to get it to battle in some PWT matches, maybe this Sobble loses a few or a couple of times, resulting in Ash going down the rankings? If this happens, we might see some character development with this Pokemon where it could either get so upset that it no longer wants to battle and take interest in something else or it feels so bad that it wants to keep at it to show Ash that it can battle, potentially triggering an evolution and then showing its true power. I don't know, I just felt like throwing out a prediction.

This is interesting. I think this is how the team dynamic is going when Sobble joins the Team
Dragonite: The caretaker
Riolu: The jerk (But when it evolves into Lucario, it takes Sobble under its wing and helps it to become stronger)
Gengar: The guardian

I knew something seemed weird with Go's Kalos Pokémon: they all belong to different biomes, Binacle to beaches, Flabébé to gardens, etc. Hopefully they are caught in a montage and not during several scenes.

Also, with this cover being released along with PokeFan info it seems unlikely that the "Raihan Arc" will start later than SS028.

Anyone know how the Japanese fans view Go's sprees. They have a bit more influence than we do...though hey Netflix might have the influence to actually do something if they can go 'Hey the metrics on these episodes are bad while the Ash episodes make Daredevil look like Water World' or something

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom