• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Tbh I really wonder if Game Freak really cares at this point. Or their marketing team sucks.
For example Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom, a remaster got 3 trailers and what did we get?
It's unlikely that Game Freak has a big role in marketing most of the information on the main series Pokemon games. Rather it is probably being handled by the both Pokemon Company's and Nintendo's marketing teams

When it comes to developing commercials for television, the marketing team is on point. That commercial with the sprites of the old Pokemon coming to Galar is great

Their online marketing,on the other hand (i.e. youtube & twitter), has been kind of bad.

I don't think games need to be delayed in general. Coding nut speaking here, there's barely a difference between working from home and working at an office.
That's true for the most part. It shouldn't need to cause a delay. However, we dont know for sure what the work culture of Game Freak is like. For all we know, they could be an office based culture being forced to adapt to remote work or they might have to work with software that can only be used on office computers.

That's true for the most part. It shouldn't need to cause a delay. However, we dont know for sure what the work culture of Game Freak is like. For all we know, they could be an office based culture being forced to adapt to remote work or they might have to work with software that can only be used on office computers.
Well, two things.
  • Zoom calls.
  • And office computers are basically the same as home computers. I doubt Gamefreak even has office computers, pretty sure everyone just rolls in with their laptops and then heads out once the day ends.

I wonder if we will get a trailer next week. We usually get info in the last week of May/first week of June. And with the Expansion releasing by end of next month, they have to tell us something.

If they were going to delay the Expansion, I doubt that they'd only give us a month's notice. We'd have heard of a delay months ago.

And frankly, a last minute delay would be unacceptable for most people, and would probably result in the sales of the Expansions and even base game taking a nose dive.

Won't be surprised if we get something for the DLC next week. I think that the Paper Mario reveal was the beginning in a long set of gradual marketing reveals from Nintendo. I'm thinking we'll get something, whether it be full game reveals or promotional material like trailers, once every week.

I wonder if we will get a trailer next week. We usually get info in the last week of May/first week of June. And with the Expansion releasing by end of next month, they have to tell us something.

If they were going to delay the Expansion, I doubt that they'd only give us a month's notice. We'd have heard of a delay months ago.

And frankly, a last minute delay would be unacceptable for most people, and would probably result in the sales of the Expansions and even base game taking a nose dive.
Yeah. Also, it wouldn't make sense to delay the EP, considering that it's less work than even a third version and they don't even have to ship physical copies to stores.

There are laptops that are capable of being just as good as the typical PC, which might make laptops being the new norm for game development. Remember that even game developers will change computers when they need to.

do we reckon nothing has leaked from the isle of armor yet because there's nothing to show? Or has gamefreak/TPC finally cracked down on leaks hard enough? I'm still not sure how to feel with the DLC dropping in approx a month. I want to be excited but I'm still under the impression that whatever was shown in the reveal trailer, and the previous one, is all that we're getting

I'm leaning more at the minute to they're just not wanting to reveal any more info. I was never apart of the gang thinking there was new Pokémon other than the legendaries coming out of them anyway, but i'm going to presume there might be a few more Galarian formes that they won't reveal pre-release. Not that I neccessarily think there's a tonne of other content in the dlc, but it's nothing as glamorous as new Pokémon or mechanics, rather in the storyline of Kubfu etc. which is no use releasing. Happy to be prooved wrong tho, they don't need to release a trailer until early June really which will gain hype just weeks before the release rather than months.

do we reckon nothing has leaked from the isle of armor yet because there's nothing to show? Or has gamefreak/TPC finally cracked down on leaks hard enough?
Well, the beta ones were due to a hacker stealing them directly from Nintendo (not making things up), while the rest... well, those would be easier to control I think.

I guess it all will come down to if we get 1 more trailer during the possible press conference.

If they wernt holding one i woukd think they would have said so.

That said im betting on a week from today we get the press conference and we get a trailer.

I do however think the people that pointed the new event runs until the 18th of june and that the Isle of armor release date is probably a few days after the end of said event.

Time will tell

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom