• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

The disappointing answer that comes to my mind is that they're just more sell-for-cash items (like regular Honey and regular Tiny/Big Mushrooms), but ones that you can only get from doing Max Raids.

I have P 9,000,000 in Sword right now thanks to my G-Max Meowth and they're about to drop 50 Big Nuggets on me as well. I do not have anything else left in the game to spend this money on.
I'm really hoping the Honey and Mushroom aren't vendor trash... I have 7.5 mil at the moment, and I'm sort of in the same boat. I could buy all of the clothes I don't own, but none of it is anything I'd want.
It used to be that you'd still need to buy stuff like Pokeballs and Potions, but we're possibly getting a berry farm with IoA (if that one tree island thing isn't just an Apricorn farm) and we can buy balls with Watts, so there's no real reason to spend PokeBucks on anything of real value.

This tends to be an issue in RPGs where you're buried in money by the end but the game still tries to throw money at you as a reward.

Fair point, although I think Sword & Shield are vastly more generous than any prior Pokémon game, what with the Wild Area constantly spawning sell-for-cash items, Max Raids constantly dispensing them, and G-Max Gold Rush netting you an easy P 99,999.

To think I was once amazed by the Abyssal Ruins' payload... o_O

I'm really hoping the Honey and Mushroom aren't vendor trash... I have 7.5 mil at the moment, and I'm sort of in the same boat. I could buy all of the clothes I don't own, but none of it is anything I'd want.
It used to be that you'd still need to buy stuff like Pokeballs and Potions, but we're possibly getting a berry farm with IoA (if that one tree island thing isn't just an Apricorn farm) and we can buy balls with Watts, so there's no real reason to spend PokeBucks on anything of real value.

I still buy Balls with money, if only to preserve my Watts for Wishing Pieces. But even then, I'm at a point where I can buy 100 Luxury Balls and it will leave only a small and quickly recoverable dent in my funds...

Maybe the Isle of Armor will throw in a super-expensive cosplay outfit like the two in USUM? (But even then I could easily afford it.)

Funny how the armorite ore is called Duralium in Spanish. Coincidence? I guess, but funny nonetheless.

For the record: Duralium is the very light type of alloy Duraludon is (partially) based on.

Those Galarica items could be key-items, still. I don't really see why a twig would evolve a Slowpoke and it would be odd if Slowking's item was already in the data and nothing else of the Crown Tundra is. Just my hunch, of course.

Last edited:
Shield is the first Pokémon game in which I have never felt low on money, every previous game I have had a moment of choosing between Pokeballs and Potions/revives but between all the Raif bonuses and the various pokeballs being available cheaply for watts by halfway through the game I realised I could just buy all the customisation stuff I wanted with not effect on buying actual supplies.

I just want to get this off my chest, but mark my words people: If we barely get more than has already been revealed (also in terms of new forms and the like), then I will go full 'AngryBinacle'-mode.

'Don't be so dramatic!'

NO, YOU!

No, but seriously, I'd be disappointed and I would let it know.

I just want to get this off my chest, but mark my words people: If we barely get more than has already been revealed (also in terms of new forms and the like), then I will go full 'AngryBinacle'-mode.

'Don't be so dramatic!'

NO, YOU!

I promise not to contest you when you complain (I say when because y'all have infected me wih your low expectations) because of your honesty.

'Don't be so dramatic!'

NO, YOU!

Where do I sign?

At least the expansions promise us plotlines with no villains, not holding my breathe on it tho.

Funny enough, Quickdraw is actually an ability in Sage, where it nullifies the priority of all moves except for protection moves. Probably not what we're going to get, though, since we already have Queenly Majesty and Dazzling Gleam to defend against priority moves while also letting you benefit from them.

I'm also imagining an effect like Quick Charge in Uranium, where the first move it uses after being sent out gets increased priority, regardless of whether it was a priority move to begin with.

everyone is off topic again

so new spoilers new abilities and items were revealed thru datamines

View: https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1265870609420083201?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1265872436244987904?s=20

i expected the galarica stuff but surprised that it was not galarica seed but galarica twig and galarica cuff this items might be the evolution items for galarian slowpoke

also very interested on what is armorite ore? max honey and max mushrooms might be new spawn items or new curry ingredients

also apparently king's rock was coded in the game to not be an evolutionary item hopefully they fix that since normal slowking is coming back

Why are items being found in Pokémon HOME despite not being able to store items in HOME?

Game Freak really has to do something about their info being datamined so easy.
I don't think that's possible, considering how some hackers are extremely insistent. Just look at what happened to Sony and their unhackable PS3, or the people that had to deal with Spyro: Year of the Dragon's anti-piracy measures (it took them months to crack the game).

Is that so bad, world of warcraft?
The WoW(-beta) patch datamining is like Christmas coming early, everytime. The developers are well aware of it and it's kind of "free" marketing in some way. They even joke about it at their conference sometimes.

New NPC models, minimaps, areas, items, dialogue... That's a lot more than we see with Pokémon. I don't think datamining itself is really that bad, unless it's really excessive and spoils a lot.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom