• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Well, at least the new areas look great. Even though I predicted it, I'm still let down that I was right that they only showed G-Slowbro.

Something that got me excited was the fact that it seems like we'll be able to do the League Tourneys with a partner! I hope that this means we can also do it as solo-Doubles since I prefer them more than Singles!

Oh my gosh they actually put Luxray in I am so freaking happy right now.

I'm glad I went in with low expectations, my only real want was to see the world in action and I got plenty of that so I'm happy. The fact the Crowned Tundra even showed up in this trailer shocks me, and it makes me all the more excited to see it again. I need to know more about those birbs. Roadrunner Zapdos is beautiful and I want 12 of them.

The only thing I was hoping to see more of was if there are any more Galarian forms. It makes me wonder if the Slowpoke line is the only one getting one. But, I'm not going to lose hope yet.

......Why?

W-We already have mono-Fightings that don't even look like they're that typing at all (Ex: Sirfetch'd, Grapploct).

The others I more-or-less expected, but like

why

Well, it doesn't look like a flying bird so I guess it makes sense.

Does seem kinda strange that it's a monotype while Articuno and Moltres are dual typed though.

Regieleci? was that the japanese name? cause it was very hard to pronounce regidraco is nice

Also now that rumor is dead so much for telecuatro lol

I felt like there was a lot in this trailer, but it moved so fast it was difficult to let it all sink in. Felt like they should have focused on one expansion instead of cramming both into one trailer.

That aside, I like what I saw of the Crown Tundra the best. It looked a bit more polished (except for the tree shown at the very beginning) and interesting than the Isle stuff.

Galarian Slowbro is alright though I don’t like the fact that its shell arm has a hole at the end because I know it’s probably end being some sort of “gun” hand. Wasn’t there a leak mentioning something like that?

I just noticed the release date. I'm honestly surprised it's being released on the 17th! I was honestly expecting it to be the 26th at the earliest!

Also, I wonder if we'll be getting a Western trailer? Those usually have a bit more info.

"The two Regi Pokémon are Regieleci, Electric-type with a new ability Transistor and Regidraco, Dragon-type with a new ability
Galarian Articuno is Psychic/Flying with the Ability Competitive, Zapdos is Fighting/Flying with the ability Defiant and Moltres is Dark/Flying with the ability Berserk
Galarian Slowbro is Poison/Psychic-type. It has the new Ability Quick Draw and the new move Side Arm Smash, which only it can learn. It Poisons the opponent and does Physical or Special damage based on which does the more damage"

From Serebii.net

As I thought with Regional Forms, there's nothing special to them, it was old in Gen 7 and it is old now.

I had expectations at the beginning, but am very disappointed with the end result. Especially when the Champion's Cup gimmick is Duel Battles. Shouldn't that be already in the SwSh game already? Shouldn't there be something like past Pokemon Trainers competing in the Champion's Cup to make up for SwSh's disappointment in 2019?

At least with a company as swindling as Bethesta, their games at least have the entire thing including the kitchen sink, whereas GF and Pokemon is the equivalent to a dripping tap. Pokemon is the worst out there when it comes to being the biggest media franchise in the world.

Last edited:
New artworks for the artwork nerds.

Slowbro

pokemon-200602_06_01.png

New Kanto starters

pokemon-200602_07_01.png

pokemon-200602_08_01.png

Legendary birds

pokemon-200602_03_01.png

pokemon-200602_04_01.png

pokemon-200602_05_01.png

Regis

pokemon-200602_01_01.png

pokemon-200602_02_01.png

Where are people getting the information on the types of the legendary birds?

I'm not seeing anything on the official website...

Is it only on the Japanese website?

regidraco's signature move is surely meteor beam also what could their english name be? also why does the english trailer not up yet?

New artworks for the artwork nerds.

Slowbro

pokemon-200602_06_01.png

New Kanto starters

pokemon-200602_07_01.png

pokemon-200602_08_01.png

Legendary birds

pokemon-200602_03_01.png

pokemon-200602_04_01.png

pokemon-200602_05_01.png

Regis

pokemon-200602_01_01.png

pokemon-200602_02_01.png

Articuno-G reminds me of Oricorio Sensu Form and it looks so dope, I am in love!

G-Max Venusaur looks like it has a bowl hair cut and I am not a fan.

I like Moltres-G, although its color palette is reminiscent of Salazzle. I think it's dope.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom