• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The national dex crusaders show they just don't give a fuck and that they aren't fans. They just want to stir up trouble and be toxic.
The worse thing is, almost no fandom is safe from this. Just look at the Rock Band fandom, AKA the "it sucks because it doesn't appeal to me specifically" fandom. Or the people that want every single Smash to be Melee.
Again, not all "National dexers" are toxic and not all "anti-national dexers" are saints.

Nobody is denying that. The whole situation has been pretty bad. This is why I keep neutral and won't join either side. And no matter how it ends, it will be a hollow victory in my opinion, of the "was it worth it?" kind.
You continually say that, but I’ve noticed that you keep blaming the national Dex supporters in particular. There were very few trolls out of them. Most of them were well meaning people who (understandably) wish to get a good product for $360 they spend on a Switch and the games instead of what they thought was a regression. Most of them were well meaning people who wished for the better of the franchise, so I request that the generalisation is made less. That’d be like saying that "All people who had the audacity to support GameFreak are shills (insert worse language)".

I can understand you’re annoyed by the issue, but your posts really come off as blaming only one side sometimes, when the anti national Dex folks have been toxic as well, with "You'll buy it anyway!" "How dare you speak out!" "Just don’t buy the games if you don’t like it and shut up!"

It’s not meant to be an attack, I’m just gently pointing out the general tone of the posts on here and how toxic people exist on both sides of the spectrum.

It’s not meant to be an attack, I’m just gently pointing out the general tone of the posts on here and how toxic people exist on both sides of the spectrum.
I gotta admit that my posts looked bad in hindsight, and I'm sorry. Yes, the other side is also extremely problematic. It's just that sadly, I have been exposed to one side more than the other, like, I have seen those guys in places where I went to to get away from the controversy.

*sigh* I just hope people move on from that (talking about both sides here)...

More Pokémon are returning. They should be happy now.
No, not really.

- We don't know if all of them will return, eventually. We'll still be missing 250 or so of them after the DLC.
- Some animations, the scale of Pokémon (Eternatus, Wailord, Tyranitar... to name a few) are not on-par with the technology this day and age.
- Communication was just awful.
- There are also a lot of other issues with the games (lack of challenge/difficulty, exploration, endgame, etc.) Dexit was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I personally don't mind the futureproof models made in XY. They only promised a bit more than we got, what with better animations and all.

I'll be a lot happier if all of the Pokémon will be available in the end. Invalidating quite a few points made. Sword/Shield could have been so much more than we actually got, though.

in-thread 10/6/20
Quick reminder that national dex discussion goes in the appropriate thread ^^;
That aside, I'd have to wonder about the possibility of DLCs after the next game comes out. Just because SwSh won't be the most recent games anymore doesn't mean they're no longer profitable.

I can see something like this:
Game 3 -> SwSh DLC 3 -> Game 3 DLC
And so on until Gen IX.

Compare it to other JRPG's and it's sorely lacking.
Especially in SMT where buffs/debuffs make the difference in winning or losing a boss fight. Though really modern Pokemon's exploration is more of a concern. Wela Volcano would've been a full-fledged dungeon had Alola been from an earlier generation imo.

Especially in SMT where buffs/debuffs make the difference in winning or losing a boss fight.
Well, I would like to say that SMT is kinda an exception and not the rule... In most RPGs they are not as necessary as they are there... I mean, the original Megami Tensei kinda gives me nightmares to this day, and I didn't manage to get farther than the sixth floor!

I'm guessing Pokemon Blue, Crystal, and Emerald will be remade for the Switch as Pokemon Resonant Blue, Clear Crystal and Delta Emerald (a reference to the Delta Episode), respectively. There might also be a new instalment in the PokePark series named PokePark Switch, but IDEK what's really going to come after the Sword and Shield Expansion Pass as of now...

Alola???????

I think I played the wrong games?
Let me put it this way. If you solo the game, and only chalenge trainers, by the time you reach Ultra Necrozma you would be around level 69. Ultra Necrozma is level 65. Again, those are the one games I have trouble soloing.

EDIT: And that's not counting things like Totem Lurantis, Olivia (first battle only), Lusamine's Milotic (SM only), those Black Belts at Mt. Lanakila, Kukui...

Last edited:
Alola???????

I think I played the wrong games?
When I played USUM without the exp share on, parts of got rather difficult, though that was mostly the bosses. For example, Guzma at Po Town was rather tough for me, taking down half my team.

When I played USUM without the exp share on, parts of got rather difficult, though that was mostly the bosses. For example, Guzma at Po Town was rather tough for me, taking down half my team.

tbf "mostly the bosses" is more or less how Pokémon difficulty (at least in terms of combat difficulty as opposed to like, navigational) has always worked. Actually difficult rando Trainers have always been pretty few and far between.

Personally I would agree about Alola being "difficult" (I stress the quotes there because frankly there is no singular consensus definition on how difficulty in Pokémon should function) in that the Totem Pokémon are very well-constructed (barring the occasional screw-up like Vikavolt) and that some of the major character battles could be fairly tough.

There’s also the fact that everyone's team compositions in game are very different. Some people's teams are very vulnerable to a few types, which can lead to some "difficulty" in a gym, while someone might love seeing wild Pokémon so they battle the wild Pokémon way too much leading to an "easy" experience.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom