• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite Pokemon cries from the games...

charlycicero

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I wanted to post this because I was recently loafing around my Home Dex and for giggles I started to listen to almost every Pokemon cry there is, including the alternative forms and all (e.g. the cry while Gigantamaxing), and I remembered just how some of these electronic cries are so awesome, for different reasons. It was also very fun to remember some of the cries from older generations.

Here are some of my favorite cries:

GARDEVOIR - it sounds like it is singing, and it is a very pleasing sound.
JYNX - probably one of the funniest cries every. Another singing, but much more comedic.
KRICKETUNE - 'Nuff said. Who DOESN'T like the strange and extremely long cry of this Mon?
GROOKEY - An extremely cute cry. So fitting.
MAREEP - It sounds like it is saying "mareeep", as a sheep would if it would be able to talk. So funny.
AMAURA / AURORUS - Both cries are very majestic and unique.
DELPHOX - It sounds like it is screaming, but in a very comedic form (it could also be screaming mixed with laughing...). Also very unique cry.
SCOLIPEDE / GIGALITH - I put them together not because they sound similar (akin to Charizard and Rhyhorn), but because both sound SO COOL, like they're big dinosaurs growling.
GIGANTAMAX MEOWTH - I don't know why, but this one cracks me up every time I hear it. "Miao Miao Miaoooo". Also the fact that it sounds just like anime Meowth is amazing.
CHINGLING - Awww, this sounds just like a Christmas bell (so fitting), and I love it for this!!! I most certainly am a fan of Christmas.
HONCHKROW - While it sounds a bit like a generic bird, it does sound like he's THE boss, as he should. I can't explain this better, I just feel like he is a honcho with his cry.
GLACEON - Another extremely adorable cry for an extremely adorable Pokemon. I just love how adorable Glaceon is all around. Maybe Stufful's cry is objectively more adorable, but I chose Glaceon for how cute it is.

So, which are yours? It can be because it sounds awesome and intimidating, adorable, very funny, unique, o just because you just like the sound and find it memorable.
Thanks for reading.

Staraptor's cry through the DS speakers is legend.

Aside from that, to rattle off some of my favorites: Pyukumuku, Stufful, Starly, all of Oricorio's, Kricketune, Aurorus, Gothitelle, Greninja, Hydreigon, Bouffalant, Gastrodon, Vespiquen, Absol, and Tropius.

In terms of Legendary Pokémon, I really love the cries of Reshiram, Kyogre, Xerneas, Yveltal, the Z wolves (both naked and crowned forms), and the Regis (I'm eager to hear two more added to the family). Virizion's is also quite arresting.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom