• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

While this is the first time we're getting DLC in mainline Pokemon games, this isn't the first time we're getting new Pokemon mid-gen. I'd rather temper expectations based on what we saw back then than be disappointed.
I know, it's just that I feel it could go either way, since the marketing has been... confusing to put it in some way. Although I agree with you about being cautious.

199Slowking-Galar.png

Based on this drawing, and what we already know about the Galarian Legendary Birds being "evil" or "corrupted" variants, I'm going to make a prediction here and say Galarian Slowking will be the same way, and that it's type will be Dark/Psychic. Maybe in the Galar region, the Shellder bite to the head made it more intelligent, but the chemical reaction with the spices caused it to go insane or take on a mad scientist personality of sorts.

While this is the first time we're getting DLC in mainline Pokemon games, this isn't the first time we're getting new Pokemon mid-gen. I'd rather temper expectations based on what we saw back then than be disappointed.
Again, I don't want to be right on this, but there isn't anything that's pointing to there actually being more new Glarain Forms or brand new Pokemon outside of what we've been shown.

I forgot about Poiple and Naganadel, and Dusk Form Lycanrock too apparently, granted the later was announced prior to the games' release. Still, of the four UBs added to USM, I think Naganadel was the only one not given a proper introduction prior to launch. That's only one Pokemon out of the new Pokemon/forms added which isn't a lot when you take into account how many there were.
That's just blatant pessimism.

That's just blatant pessimism.
Pessimism would be me not wanting to be right about getting more new Pokemon/variants than what's been shown. Except I'm not.
I'm tempering my expectations, but would totally be fine with being wrong. I'd love for us to get more than what's been shown, but I also don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

Pessimism would be me not wanting to be right about getting more new Pokemon/variants than what's been shown. Except I'm not.
I'm tempering my expectations, but would totally be fine with being wrong. I'd love for us to get more than what's been shown, but I also don't want to set myself up for disappointment.
I don't know if they would show literally everything. They always have something that they want to save for the release.

199Slowking-Galar.png

Based on this drawing, and what we already know about the Galarian Legendary Birds being "evil" or "corrupted" variants, I'm going to make a prediction here and say Galarian Slowking will be the same way, and that it's type will be Dark/Psychic. Maybe in the Galar region, the Shellder bite to the head made it more intelligent, but the chemical reaction with the spices caused it to go insane or take on a mad scientist personality of sorts.
well guess maybe im not sure that Galarian Legendary Birds evil/Corruption Variant be normal it.

A part of me was hoping that G-Slowbro and G-Slowking would have had a different Pokemon latch on to them. I liked the idea of it being Mareanie, as others had thrown around, but I was also hoping it could have been something new to gen 8 like Chewtle, Drednaw, or even Pincurchin.

I don't know if they would show literally everything. They always have something that they want to save for the release.

USUM disagrees. When people become *too* hyped and begin to **expect** stuff and nothing happens, any criticism would be rebutted by "It was your fault for expecting too much tecchnically they didn’t mislead". Cautious is the way to go imo.

Two days to go, I'm getting strangely excited. I wonder if the Pokédex 'leak' is true.

Luckily plenty of work to do in the meantime.

FINALLY, a (part of a) Pokémon game that has areas where the Pokémon scale with your team. This is another huge (albeit late..) step forward. I’m really hoping they’re using these expansions as playgrounds to figure out making an entire region that is open world-ish with wild Pokémon that scale to your level.... these two things together can really open up plots and exploration to finally be less linear again.

FINALLY, a (part of a) Pokémon game that has areas where the Pokémon scale with your team. This is another huge (albeit late..) step forward. I’m really hoping they’re using these expansions as playgrounds to figure out making an entire region that is open world-ish with wild Pokémon that scale to your level.... these two things together can really open up plots and exploration to finally be less linear again.
I've been suspecting for a while that they're doing a test run for gen 9 being a full open world game. I could be wrong, of course.

I'd just find it very disappointing to only have Kubfu/Urshifu and then Galarian Slowbro of all Pokémon to be included as new forms for Isle of Armor and that's it.

I also dislike that Slowbro is getting a variant when it also had a Mega Evolution (the same as I was salty that Meowth has a second regional form) - there are so many Pokémon out there and to have Pokémon that already have revisions/updates/expansions on their lines (past the popular Pokémon that we come to expect to get preferential treatment) getting more is irritating to me.

I'd just find it very disappointing to only have Kubfu/Urshifu and then Galarian Slowbro of all Pokémon to be included as new forms for Isle of Armor and that's it.

I also dislike that Slowbro is getting a variant when it also had a Mega Evolution (the same as I was salty that Meowth has a second regional form) - there are so many Pokémon out there and to have Pokémon that already have revisions/updates/expansions on their lines (past the popular Pokémon that we come to expect to get preferential treatment) getting more is irritating to me.
Megas are irrelevant now, anyway.

And G-max forms too much of a niche.

Regional looks are at least permanent.

On the bright side, Slowking’s finally going to get something when the Crown Tundra rolls around!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom