• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leftists don't seem to understand the importance of the Supreme Court enough, which is a big problem.

The Very Online Left seems to have grown increasingly fatalistic since Bernie’s campaign ended. I’ve even seen a few who say they’re ready to quit on liberal democracy altogether. Thankfully, these are people who are massively over represented online, but don’t have much presence in the real world.

The Very Online Left seems to have grown increasingly fatalistic since Bernie’s campaign ended. I’ve even seen a few who say they’re ready to quit on liberal democracy altogether. Thankfully, these are people who are massively over represented online, but don’t have much presence in the real world.
Unfortunately this is true. There is a number of people who lean left that are convinced we are doomed to 4 more hellish years of Trump. A number happen to be fans of Bernie Sanders or Andrew Yang. They've given up. This fatalist mentality though is gonna hurt us more than anything.

Also worth noting this article from NPR. I think recent events have suggested Biden will reclaim Michigan and he'll likely hold onto Nevada and New Hampshire. Wisconsin, Florida, and Pennsylvania are the states Biden has a chance of winning if he doesn't do anything really stupid in the next 5 months and if we see another record turnout from Democrats, like we did in 2018.

In Wisconsin, Biden currently leads in polls and Trump has a low approval rating there. This is a state Obama won twice. In Pennsylvania, Biden leads in the polls and Trump only won by about 44k. Florida is gonna take a strong Democrat voter turnout to reclaim it. Biden can win though if he just gets Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, which are probably the best chances he has.

Last edited:
One interesting thing to note is that online in just one community I have seen several former Bernie-or-Busters decide to vote for Biden with just the events of the last month. I don't understand how they snapped now, as nothing Trump has done recently has been out of character for him, but I'm glad to see it.

One interesting thing to note is that online in just one community I have seen several former Bernie-or-Busters decide to vote for Biden with just the events of the last month. I don't understand how they snapped now, as nothing Trump has done recently has been out of character for him, but I'm glad to see it.
Glad to hear some of them are coming around. I get so angry about Bernie or Busters myself. I really wanted Bernie to win and Im pretty mad about him losing still but I understand now that its just not gonna happen and Biden has my vote because I really dont want Trump to win. I wish more of them understood that.

So... I heard that Trump had his first rally in a long time in Tulsa.

The reviews are already coming in:

hZADRBy.png

Too bad he doesn't have Sean Spicer anymore to use 'alternative facts' to make it out to have been packed full. :LOL:
It's OK, he's got Parscale to tell us protesters weren't letting people in the arena. Yes, that's the excuse they're going with.

I heard a bunch of teenagers and K-Pop stans reserved hundreds of tickets without the intention of going. He's thought he was gonna get a very large number of supporters at this rally, only for about 6,200 to show. This is utterly hilarious. Hoping they do this for more of his rallies.
LOL he got trolled hard

Not looking good for Trumpy that a lot of people wont show up for his rally

LOL he got trolled hard

Not looking good for Trumpy that a lot of people wont show up for his rally
Think about how his week has turned out.
1. The Supreme Court ruled he can'd put an end to DACA.
2. The Supreme Court ruled that employers could not discriminate against LGBT employees.
3. John Bolton's book was allowed to be released.
4. Only about 6,200 people showed up to his latest rally and he was trolled by teens and K-Pop stans.
5. John Bolton shreds him apart on TV.

Its not been a good week at all for him and it brings me so much joy. Hopefully this is just the beginning of the end of this nightmare.

Think about how his week has turned out.
1. The Supreme Court ruled he can'd put an end to DACA.
2. The Supreme Court ruled that employers could not discriminate against LGBT employees.
3. John Bolton's book was allowed to be released.
4. Only about 6,200 people showed up to his latest rally and he was trolled by teens and K-Pop stans.
5. John Bolton shreds him apart on TV.

Its not been a good week at all for him and it brings me so much joy. Hopefully this is just the beginning of the end of this nightmare.
I wouldnt underestimate his base, they may still vote for him

Even if Biden is leading in the polls, we can't get too cocky. We can't go in thinking "Oh, he'll never win a second term after COVID-19, BLM, and the recession.". We must vote as if Biden was falling in the polls. Encourage as many people to register and vote against Trump. Lead a historical voter turnout. If we can do this, the nightmare will finally be over.

couple things to note. or i suppose more accurately, one big important thing to note:

it's repeated ad nauseum that we are living in unprecedented times. because of COVID, a lot of people are switching to mail-in ballots, and i hope everyone here realises what that means for the upcoming election. to put it succinctly, it is not going to be election day, it's going to be election week. poll workers are going to have a hell of a time counting mail-in ballots alongside in-person voting. expect voting machines to malfunction, expect hours long wait lines for states that don't have mandatory mail-in voting. it's going to be chaos.

i know, this is spelling a lot of gloom and doom. but it's less about that than a heads up of what's likely to happen. maybe my personal fears are wrong and that things would go smoothly, but i highly doubt it. basically what i'm trying to say is: if you haven't gotten a chance to register for mail-in vote, do so. if you prefer to vote in-person, be very aware of what is likely to be ridiculous wait times and do try to wear a mask. COVID doesn't care what day it is, after all.

thought i'd share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom