• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know what to expect from the upcoming announcement. To me, it just wouldn't make sense for them to already reveal a new game (regardless whether that's Sinnoh remakes, Let's Go Johto, or even a new generation) while there's still DLC for Sword/Shield that won't be released until late 2020. A smaller game, like another spin-off, would make more sense, but why would they make a separate presentation for that? The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it's going to be either some more Sword-/Shield-related content – or something completely different, not related to any games.

This being said, I absolutely do believe that Sinnoh remakes (as well as another set of Let's Go games) will be announced and released in the foreseeable future (like, in the next two years). But as I said, right now I think it's too early to announce them.

When I heard that it is a Big Project, I'm very positive that it'll be a Gen 4 remake. I can't present any evidence as to why it's going to be a Gen 4 remake announcement, it is more of a gut feeling.

The presentation next week can probably our version of Breath of the Wild Sequel announcement. They can show us footage of the Sinnoh region in chaos caused by whatever Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina new forms will be then they'll reveal the new remake title. Sinnoh's lore is the backbone of the Pokemon Universe. They're probably let us know early that they're already working on it.

I think D/P/Plt remakes are getting announced next week. However, we will only get titles and there won't be any gameplay footage. I can definitely see them announcing those games like they hinted they were working on S/S back in 2018 after announcing Let's Go P/E.

I think D/P/Plt remakes are getting announced next week. However, we will only get titles and there won't be any gameplay footage. I can definitely see them announcing those games like they hinted they were working on S/S back in 2018 after announcing Let's Go P/E.

They didn't even reveal the titles of SwSh until they were officially revealed on February 2019 though. If they are hinting towards DP remakes, they probably won't tell us anything official, they'd just give us a vague hint.

I think any formal announcement will happen after the release of the Crown Tundra. Next week, I'm just expecting some kind of summary of all the big projects GF is planning to release in 2021 or something. Something to hype up fans, but something distant enough so that the DLC is not overshadowed.

Second question: Why do people always say that the presence and/or absence of certain Sinnoh Pokemon (or just Sinnoh Pokemon in general) in Sword and Shield is evidence for or against Sinnoh remakes.

How many Hoenn Pokemon were in the Kalos dex? That wasn't a rhetorical question, I have no idea someone please inform me.

Second question: Why do people always say that the presence and/or absence of certain Sinnoh Pokemon (or just Sinnoh Pokemon in general) in Sword and Shield is evidence for or against Sinnoh remakes.

How many Hoenn Pokemon were in the Kalos dex? That wasn't a rhetorical question, I have no idea someone please inform me.
It's because the dex will be completed if sinnoh remakes are made, the Kalos dex doesn't matter much regional pokedexs didn't matter as much, so sinnoh remakes are the closest we could get to a solution for dexit.

HeartGold and SoulSilver released in the same generation as Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

Best guess is that the Diamond and Pearl remakes will be release first then the Let's Go Johto games.

HeartGold and SoulSilver released in the same generation as Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

Best guess is that the Diamond and Pearl remakes will be release first then the Let's Go Johto games.
However, ORAS and LGPE were not in the same gen.

I have seen a lot of complaints from people who were disappointed in the quality of the new DLC, saying that they don't want a Gen 4 remake during this generation.

If they make a remake of Gen 4 will the new generation get less development time? Will it suffer from the same problems that Sword and Shield did with awkward animations, no National dex etc.?

Personally I would be willing to sacrifice some of the new games' quality if it means my personal favorite generation (Gen 5) gets remade eventually which won't happen without a Gen 4 remake. But I wish we could have the best of both worlds.

Last I checked Game Freak doesn't care about hype. If they did they wouldn't starve us on information.

Plus the DLC doesn't even need hype. Chances are most people preordered both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra together and if they didn't they either don't have the money, aren't interested in the DLC, or plan on getting outside opinions before getting it.

It's easy. They announce gen 4 remakes this year and release them around summer of next year. Right?
That would break with recent patterns. Since 2013, remakes have had shorter marketing cycles than new generations. (XY, SM and SwSh released around 9 months after announcement while ORAS and USUM were released after 6 months).

I'd object that patterns aren't indicative of anything but that woukd make me a hypocrite since I'm usually quick to use patterns as evidence.

They don't have to release it all that soon after they announce it. BotW took, what, three years to release after the official announcement.
While that’s true, I highly doubt GameFreak would take such a long break between games. The more recent games have had two years or less in development if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom