• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

June 24th Pokemon Presents Discussion

What do you think the new project will be?

• Sinnoh Remakes

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Let's Go Johto

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly hoping this isn't Tencent's game. That could be a mobile title, and I think they're more known for MOBA's.
Their services are abyssmal as far as I know.

I think they also publish the Chinese version of World of Warcraft, which is very badly moderated, having tons of gold sellers and bugs.

EDIT: Nope, that was NetEase. Tencent does own 5% of Activision Blizzard, though. And 100% of Riot Games (League of Legends).

Anyway, sorry to say, but I don't really trust that company. China's government is creepy enough as it is, we don't know the full extent of their control over their companies.

Last edited:
Pokemon Go makes the most out of all of their games atm, so I don't see TCPi wanting to pull out of the mobile space any time soon... Though it would also heavily depend on how their other mobile titles are going. As far as I'm aware Masters is still struggling to hold ground in the Gacha market, and their other mobile games don't seem to be fairing well either.

Pokemon Go makes the most out of all of their games atm, so I don't see TCPi wanting to pull out of the mobile space any time soon... Though it would also heavily depend on how their other mobile titles are going. As far as I'm aware Masters is still struggling to hold ground in the Gacha market, and their other mobile games don't seem to be fairing well either.
God, I remember the "Pokémon is focussing on the mobile gaming imdustry"-debacle from months ago. How it was their priority and such.

That, together with "armor evolution", was the worst part of the rumour-cycle.

Last edited:
Detective Pikachu for Switch trailer

Pokemon Sleep

Partnering with Tencent gets a fleeting mention.

Let's Go 2 Johto

In that order. It's mostly bullshit nobody particularly cares about to pad it out, and then they'll be like, "Weren't we so clever last week? Did you notice all the Johto plushes. Buy this game."

Honestly the most I hope we see when it comes to Tencent is a mention of it and then its revealed at Tencent's own event on the 27th. Knowing its likely a mobile game, it doesn't feel like it would warrant a seperate Pokemon Presents, or a big project Pokemon is working on. Didn't Ishihara make it clear also that this is a big project THEY'RE, not Tencent, is working on?

Honestly the most I hope we see when it comes to Tencent is a mention of it and then its revealed at Tencent's own event on the 27th. Knowing its likely a mobile game, it doesn't feel like it would warrant a seperate Pokemon Presents, or a big project Pokemon is working on. Didn't Ishihara make it clear also that this is a big project THEY'RE, not Tencent, is working on?
Yeah, he made it sound like that.

To phrase: 'But, there's another big project we're working on that I still want to share with you..'

I have been thinking about this more after a bit of talk in the Let's GO Johto thread. I would argue that New Pokemon Snap was already a "big announcement" so to say that there is a "big announcement" coming on Wednesday means to me that it has to be bigger than New Pokemon Snap. There are only a couple of things that fit that bill IMO, which would be DP Remakes, Gen 8, Let's GO Johto, and maybe maybe maybe something Pokken related (like a sequel). Of those I think that given the clues and release schedule Let's GO Johto is the most likely possibility, set for a holiday release this year.

If they want to go a bit bigger than that even, then maybe they announce that DP remakes are in development in addition to the LGJ release.

I would love DP remakes but I just can't see them announcing them unless they were coming out this year, which I doubt. If anything we would get a Fall 2021 release and in that case it'd be pointless to anounce them now.
What I think will be announced is a Let's Go Johto which I don't really care about.
My hopes are that they will anounce more DLC for SwSh. Gotta milk the cow for all it's worth.

What about a DLC with sinnoh and johto that can only be played if you sleep regularly and play the Tencent mobile game that's related to the detective pikachu cannon? No? Atleast Disney is still going to buy pokemon!

I'm kidding in case some of you just went through a wooosh moment.

I don't think more DLC is likely right now. The current one is just halfway of its promotion, so they couldn't reveal much as saying "X feature will be available" will mean that X isn't present in Crown Tundra and it would lower the sales.

I’m surprised no one is bringing up Pokémon Sleep? Yes, for probably the majority of people it would be a huge anticlimax and I know a lot of people are arguing that it wouldn’t warrant a ‘big announcement’, ‘major announcement’... whatever the exact wording was.

I did:

Sleep always seemed like a complementary product to either Go or a main series game, and neither SWSH or Go need one right now (SWSH has DLC, Go will have Megas soon). However, I don't rule it out because it could be a complementary announcement to Let's Go 2 assuming both are connected.

1592857361246.jpg

If that image is from 4chan, then I'm going to assume it's fake until proven otherwise. People are crazy good with vector art programs these days.
It's from 4chan though "reborn" could also mean reincarnation. Reincarnation is one of the themes of Diamond and Pearl.

Last edited:
It's from 4chan though "reborn" could also mean reincarnation. Reincarnation one of the themes of Diamond and Pearl.
Eh, just because the title relates to one of the themes of DPPt doesn't automatically make this trustworthy. If you have at least some knowledge of DPPt, it wouldn't be difficult to come up with a fake title. Also, didn't PinkThunder say that they weren't DPPt remakes?

Eh, just because the title relates to one of the themes of DPPt doesn't automatically make this trustworthy. If you have at least some knowledge of DPPt, it wouldn't be difficult to come up with a fake title. Also, didn't PinkThunder say that they weren't DPPt remakes?
I do know half of the predictions made by 4chan that didn't came true. Anyways, I would take the title with a grain of salt. Also, the title reminds me of a fangame.

I do know half of the predictions made by 4chan that didn't came true. Anyways, I would take the title with a grain of salt. Also, the title reminds me of a fangame.
In fact,there's a fangame with that title.

It's suppose to be a reboot of the franchise,but I don't know if it's true or not I only know a few things about this "titule".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom