• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were already showing their hypocrisy during the Kavanaugh time when they were crying that any delaying of the Kavanaugh process whatsoever was uncalled for. (I wish I could remember what exactly was said)

I'm really sick and tired of the Republicans getting away with everything they want. They play by no rules, and there seems to be no one to protect us from them.
I'm sure I've said this before in here, but if the Biden wins and the Democrats retake the Senate, the first thing they should do is nuke the legislative filibuster and grant statehood to DC and Puerto Rico. That would go a long way in evening things out.

Just when I thought 2020 couldn't make me feel any worse.

Kanye West Announces 'I Am Running for President of the United States!

Don’t freak out over Kanye. He’s already missed the deadline in 6 states, and all the others are within the next 2 months. The odds of him odds of him appearing on the ballot at all are remote at best.

Isn't Kanye a Trump supporter? Why in the world would he run against his own lord and savior?

Please excuse the double post.

94827E53-4CDE-42C1-85A9-C7163D792B08.jpeg

There’s always a tweet. Always.

View attachment 134611

This is one thing about him that seriously pisses me off. He never has his priorities straight. When an actual crisis is happening, he chooses to focus on something absolutely ridiculous.

When Puerto Rico was in dire need of help after being hit by that hurricane, he threw a tantrum over Colin Kapernick and other NFL players kneeling during the national anthem. He sat there demanding they were fired and like most Republicans, never acknowledged why they were kneeling in the first place. Apparently that was more important than helping US citizens who were hit hard by a hurricane.

Now while we are in the middle of a pandemic and Black Lives Matter, he chooses to downplay the severity of COVID-19 and not only be an absolute hypocrite when it comes to the name of a football team, but push this ridiculous narrative about the statues and Mt. Rushmore. Its sad that statues of traitorous confederate generals matter more to him than actual American lives right now.

View attachment 134611

:bulbaFacepalm: Someone, please, take Twitter away from him. His fight with Derek Savage was embarrasing enough, but he keeps finding ways to dig himself deeper.

EDIT: Correction, he didn't fight with Daddy Derek, he has him as a supporter. Still extremely embarrassing.

Sadly, that wasn’t the end of it.

This is all a signal to his base. I said last year he would go all in on racial grievances as we got closer to election day because, really, what else does he have at this point?

In this case, there's three.

Does anyone else feel like he's getting more brazen lately? Not only is there these tweets of him supporting racial slurs and the Confederate flag, but there's also how he referred to Democrats as fascists, both with a retweet on twitter and at that 4th of July ceremony, sharing a Brietbart article talking about how white men are angry about losing power in society, retweeting a Daily Caller article that said "a queer-affirming network is leftist code for anti-family", and he shared a video of a black man shoving a woman from October seemingly to paint Black Lives Matter protests as hypocritical. And just a month ago he called that old man shoved by police "an Antifa instigator", which he considers being equivalent to being a terrorist.

I mean, his hatred was rarely subtle to begin with, and we had other explicit examples like telling native-born citizens to "go back to their country", but this many open examples in such a short time with no pushback kind of feels concerning to me.

It could be he's trying to fire up his base because he is afraid of losing to Biden, but his base is gonna go vote for him no matter what or trying to distract people, but people arent just going to forget about major issues going on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom