• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My parents' photographies.

Reaction score
Okay, first time making a thread here...

So, after seeing Beth Pavel and Spinyshell's photography threads I was inspired to make a thread with the photos my parents take. My mother prefers to take pictures of plants and the landscape, while my dad prefers to take pictures of bugs, birds and other critters here.

Right now I only have pictures that my mother took, but I'll get some from my father soon.

4a4b9d18-0b2f-4662-b415-ce9c6cf577bc.jpg

Some pineapples and yucca plants we have planted in our garden. They still have a long way to go before we can harvest them.

16fea4cb-d8c8-404f-aa0a-bad26962f4f0.jpg

I didn't know this was not native to Costa Rica until I checked to see what it was called in English. I didn't expect it to be from Indonesia, Papua Nueva Guinea and Australia. Here we call them "cacho de venado" (deer horn).

68f96930-14db-43ee-ace7-2d89a1e3ef94.jpg

None of my parents can't recall the exact name of this flower, but my mom calls them "campanitas" (little bells).

78dd7e81-8d03-46d5-a19a-e7d22d7723ef.jpg

These flowers tend to attract lots of bugs and birds, which is pretty convenient for my dad. The site I used to find the scientific name for some reason says they can grow more than 3 m, but I sincerely doubt it.

290fe354-4b64-41e3-8642-94f0c16538ca.jpg

A laurel/bay tree. This is where the elkhorn fern rests.

4893b400-c7af-4f86-9e53-5232f1e8e093.jpg

What I think is a species of poinsettia, but none of my parents can recall its exact name. Just like with traditional poinsettias, what looks like petals are actually white leaves. The actual flowers are those orange things you can see in one of the "flowers"

b7408e80-49ef-4048-bae2-f3783d278da6.jpg

A dragonfruit cactus that is growing on top of a tree. The woodpeckers really love them. Tip: Whatever you do, don't wear white while eating dragonfruit or drinking its juice. Those things can cause nasty pink stains.

c49f7807-628f-45a5-8943-aede9785bcf1.jpg

A picture of our garden. We got different fruit trees here, like different varieties of lemon trees, orange trees, mangos, etc.

Great shots! If I have any suggestions, you may want to have a more of an emphasis on each of the plants. Because right now, each plant looks far to similar to each other, especially the considering the background is the same for each shot since your garden. For example, the Poinsetta, you could do a close up with an emphasis on the leaves and flowers too show off how deceptive the appearances are.

Great shots! If I have any suggestions, you may want to have a more of an emphasis on each of the plants. Because right now, each plant looks far to similar to each other, especially the considering the background is the same for each shot since your garden. For example, the Poinsetta, you could do a close up with an emphasis on the leaves and flowers too show off how deceptive the appearances are.
That's true, but for my mom is kinda hard to do that. In fact, she can't use a camera, Maybe I should hold them for her.

Back
Top Bottom