• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

One, Two, Three (Version 2)

I think you should also add in Pikachu battling G-Max Drednaw in what’s clearly a gym,

The Go-Pokeball-Legendary Birds segment is by far the most suspense inducing segment.
I got the impression that Ash might get Aerodactyl but I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen. RIP Grookey though.

I don't know about RIP Grookey. There was a Pokeball rolling towards Goh. Might be Grookey (Sobble wasn't in the first OP either).

TRAILER BREAKDOWN, SPOILERS AND LOTS OF IMAGES.

More Koharu involvement, this time directly alongside the main duo which implies that she'll be traveling more often even if her role is somewhat muted.

134567372e656894275a3eedab9a2053.png
The original bird trio, possibly a plot line that has something to do with the Crown Tundra and their Galarian variants?

70efcd9f90e03977fe3b960bf1f27e9b.png
A view from a Pokemon's PoV inside a Pokeball, with a Pokemon with a whitish/bluish dome shaped head.

2fcc1c9124176f1664a60ca84e2f54f6.png
An Aerodactyl appears alongside Ash's other Pokemon who's battling Pikachu, and this is before Goh gets focused on, the latter has a Heracross and a Flygon.

c19bd9985cd861d988b5036795114e91.png

b5f876d8502c846ae97a352a6a335fc2.png
Why is Yamper a part of Ash's party?

cd95a3ff2655ef06b715297ef33ce8a3.jpg
Riolu/Raboot will evolve into Lucario/Cinderace respectively and Darkest Day plot elements atop Hammerlocke's Plant.

c2659db8253e1d30b7fc5a77eda2784d.png
Selfies from Raihan, something that was denied in JN027. That Pokemon Instagram layout though.

226032f4b29f0e07def8ccd16c65cebc.png
The Alolan crew minus Lillie. I feel like their inclusion here makes the most sense and is the one that seems the least like a spoiler compared to other companions, especially Serena or Lillie. This frame will most likely be replaced by other companions when their time comes. Kukui and Burnet would also be too big of a spoiler especially when you consider that pregnancy.

9207c71dca448f990bd46f140ece7ef1.png
What is this? Brock baiting?

bcdbcf5937f1cc911f443ad6a9981d29.jpg
Slumbering Weald with the shrine. Shame about the lack of Hop so far.

0a44dbe78ab6c38fd9d962c40b32db28.jpg
Bea as a 'temporary' rival. This segment would most likely be replaced by other Galarian Gym Leaders or Elite Trainers whom Ash would eventually have to overcome.

4fff84f9ae6473d5ec04369f1942941f.png
Ash's Master Class debut? Or maybe him challenging one of the Galarian Gym Leaders on the big stage.

0f906f0d2f94de33ceb52f21a1626c8f.png

No Leon and Charizard? He did his pose in the opening.

I think you should also add in Pikachu battling G-Max Drednaw in what’s clearly a gym,
That's from JN013 when Pikachu G-Max'd for the first time. It took place outside Wyndon Stadium.
No Leon and Charizard? He did his pose in the opening.
Not something new. He posed several times already.

The YouTube version I found has a small difference to this version around the half a minute mark:
The Twitter upload looks like placeholder purple, so perhaps it's a leftover from an earlier version of the animation compared to the broadcast.

The Go-Pokeball-Legendary Birds segment is by far the most suspense inducing segment.
I got the impression that Ash might get Aerodactyl but I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen. RIP Grookey though.

Mmmm Nope is exaxtly like the scene from episode 13.

We see Flygon but not any clue towards that supoused Pikachu of episode 35.

I think that Goh may be getting his Heracross from the upcoming Pokemon trade episode. Maybe he'll exchange it for Pinsir. Also, the electric coming from Goh's pokeball is interesting. It could be either Zapdos or maybe even Pikachu.
EDIT: I just saw the preview for the next episode. Yeah, he's getting Heracross, but how is the question.

One thing I'm disappointed about is that there is no indication of Ash's reserves being used :(

Last edited:
Seeing Gou and Ash battling in the opening makes me happy, it appears Gou is going to start getting more into Pokémon battles.

If he stops catching Pokemon mindessly I agree that this is a good thing.

If not I do not see the point. For what is he battling exactly? To compete, to catch legends?

Oh god, legendary birds are getting GOd, how is that for exciting?
I hope they didn't forget Sophocles and Lana are not in Alola, also no flygon for Ash and it seems Goh has a small groupe of Pokémon that'll be getting some screentime

Things I expected: Riolu and Raboot evolving, Gou getting Flygon and Heracross, Galar subplot progressing

Things I kinda expected, but am super-hyped about: ALOLA GANG RETURNING AAAHHHH

Things I didn't expect but am very intrigued about: Lots of legendary focus (especially on the bird trio), that random Aerodactyl in that segment where Ash and Gou were battling each other, and that random scene with Ludicolo and a group of Marshtomp surrounding it.

All in all, this is a great opening, both in terms of the song itself and the content that it featured.

omg

As someone who loved the Sun and Moon kids I’m so happy to see them again. I know they had the highest chances of returning since they’re still fresh enough in the viewers’ minds but even so, it makes me incredibly happy. Hopefully Lillie will appear too but even if not, this is already something I’m really looking forward to! Ahh my children (insert happy tears)

also cinderace, lucario, heracross, eternatus, raihan’s selfies with the rest being on pokégram... this opening is doing really well to hype me up. I’m excited!

• It is not XY&Z level rock as I hoped, but this version is good, too.
  • The change of sequences is a nice nod to get some hype for future arcs. Apparently Galar region is about to get more attention than it has so far, and things are seemingly getting heated soon with an Eternatus arc where Ash and Go both are involved. I will miss dancing Ash & Go, though...
  • Galar gym leaders getting a spotlight with Ash challenging them is probably the best thing I got out of this opening.
  • Alola crew appearing may or may not be random. We've seen a lot of past characters appearing in openings randomly and none of them made actual returns like the openings indicated.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom