• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

A few days ago I decided to start a new journey on my copy of Pokemon Sword (on a different file). I do have my Shield playthrough I still need to complete, but for some reason, I haven't felt inspired to. It's also good because I can get the legends I missed in the Crown Tundra (MAJOR SPOILER WARNING: Glastrier and Regidrago) I was battling the trainers on the route right before Turrfield, and I got a random encounter. Bam, black sheep. I got a random, full odds, shiny Wooloo. It's been a while since I've gotten a random shiny, and this is such a great one to get. I was absolutely floored and was shaking when I went to grab a Quick Ball. I caught I'm, and ended up naming him Licorice. I'm not sure if he's going to stay on the team yet. I have never had the opportunity to use a shiny on a team, but I would feel like I should evolve him, and I don't want to do that.

Shiny Wooloo was actually one of the things I started hunting for in my main game last year after I beat the game. I got up through 500 using the Battle method, then learned that it was bugged method, and gave up on it. I guess the little Wooloo was waiting for me to encounter it during a playthrough.

Ok so around a week and a half ago I started a new play through of ultra moon and while I was looking for a pichu I ran into a shiny pikipek! Pretty cool but then on the same save I found a shiny mareep near the breeding place! So yeah I think I spent my shiny luck for the next 2 years. :LOL:

Okay, just moments ago in my recent Platinum run I found a shiny Geodude. Full odds, too. I was looking for Gligar and ended up running into my first shiny in this playthrough. I quickly chucked a Nest Ball, as it was the best ball I had at the time, as this Geodude was at the level where it knew Self-Destruct and managed to get it without a problem. It's a female so I named her Goldirox (a play on Goldilocks, since a shiny Geodude is gold-colored). I've noticed that there are two shinies that I'm near-guaranteed to find in most cases: Zubat and Geodude. I wonder why that is? Anyway, while I'm not going to use her, I'm quite happy to find a shiny so early in my Platinum adventure.

I lost a Shiny Alolan Vulpix in a Max Raid once because of an internet outage. Probably wouldn't have been caught anyway since I accidently used a Quick Ball instead of a Repeat Ball. I also had to release a Shiny Primarina I got in a Surprise Trade because it had an offensive nickname. In fact, almost all the Shines I get are hacked legendaries that I just trade away on HOME.

I also had a Shiny Chimchar run away from me in Pokémon GO.

Recently I'm trying to get a Shiny Kyogre, I wound up with a Shiny Magmemie for my efforts.

Before that endeavor I wound up with a Shiny Landorus and Beartic trying to hunt Ultra Beasts.

I tried the Dexnav in Pokémon AS I had a Shiny Plusle and a Shiny Breelom in my first playtrough.

I played it again 4 times more and I never found any shiny again with the Dexnav

Well I actuallymanaged to find an Event Shiny Vulpix and caught it. Back to my Moby Dick reenactment: Pink edition.

my most recent shiny was a Magmar in Go during the November 2020 Magmar Community Day... It's my first-ever shiny in GO, and I evolved it already
In Ultra Sun, I found 3 Shinies so far: Yanmega (Which I named "Blue Blur" (it has Speed Boost)), Abomasnow ("Blue Yeti"), and Male Hippowdon ("Glitzy Hippo" or "GlitterHippo" (I honestly forgot what I named him :LOL:)

Got in on a Joltik online Max Raid battle and it sparkled at me. So I tossed a Master Ball at him when I was done. He's Naughty with Compound Eyes. I have named him Lucas. After a certain jumping spider on YouTube.

You used a master ball? do you have an unlimited stock?
You can catch one with ultra ball
They could have not used the Master Ball on Zacian/Zamazenta. I myself keep my Master Balls primarily for shiny encounters. And considering that online raids do not have a guarantee catch chance, except for the host, I can understand why they wouldn't risk it with an Ultra Ball.

You used a master ball? do you have an unlimited stock?
You can catch one with ultra ball

I have 52 Master Balls. I've gotten a ton of them in Surprise Trades. And one too many normal Max Raid 'Mon have kicked their way out of Dusk--I mostly play at night--or Repeat or Ultra Balls. (Lost a few non-shiny Golurk that way. I am still sad about it. They could have been Brave with No Guard... :cry:)

Master Balls are reserved for Max Raid shinies now. DA Legends can get Luxury Balls.

It happened.

Today, Prime and I were binging Transformers: War for Cybertron: Earthrise on Netflix and I decided to try taking in a few Dynamax Adventures with Palkia. On my fourth battle, I checked everything that I had caught and the Palkia was shiny. His Nature is Lax but I switched it to Modest, as he's missing Attack. He's in a nice cozy Luxury Ball right now.

I named him Vector Prime. He's my guardian of space.

I’ve had 3 shinies through Dynamax Adventures so far - Eldegoss (not one I’d have gone hunting but the autumnal pallet of grass shinies is always nice), Stakataka (which I’ve been trying to get a shiny of since CT dropped) and just got an Orbeetle (which is great as it was on my list to hunt out at some point and already G-Max- slight annoyance in that I so nearly threw a beast ball at it but opted for a premier and I think the beast ball would have looked better)

Back
Top Bottom