• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alabama truly disappoints me honestly after electing Doug Jones, one of the best senators they've ever had, then denying him a second term in favor of some moronic football coach who hardly knows the constitution and supports the Big Lie.
And whoever replaces Shelby will likely be worse.

Funny thing is, Alabama's status as a Republican stronghold is a fairly recent development; the Democrats had firm control over the state legislature until 2011, and 6 of our current statewide office holders, including Shelby and Governor Kay Ivey, are former Democrats.

So basically proof that their stance on same sex marriage isn't really founded on morals?
So just checked and it indeed was not “legalised” until 2000 when a public vote was passed, 59.5% voting for it and 40.5% voting against.
That’s right kids, as recent as 21 years ago 40.5% of people who voted in the state voted against legalising something that was technically already legal via the SCOTUS. Idk how you do it swiftfox, I could never live there.

Yeah I mean I normally go by the "agree to disagree" approach, but when you can't respect your own opinion, forget it.

Mind you even as a Christian I don't see LGBT relationships and such to be a sin, but even if it was you'd think those who try to push it as such would at least cover up actual moral failings a lot better.

It's kind of like Butch Hartman. Signs are there that he is homophobic, but then he has been known to take money under false pretenses despite the "Thou shall not steal".

Idk how you do it swiftfox, I could never live there.
I lived in Louisiana until mid-2018 (save for a 4 month stint in Texas after Hurricane Katrina), so making the transition to Alabama was pretty easy. Also, this will probably sound weird, but...I love it here and probably won't be leaving anytime soon.

Mind you even as a Christian I don't see LGBT relationships and such to be a sin, but even if it was you'd think those who try to push it as such would at least cover up actual moral failings a lot better.

It's kind of like Butch Hartman. Signs are there that he is homophobic, but then he has been known to take money under false pretenses despite the "Thou shall not steal".

I have a very hard time believing that any of this is rooted in actual morality. Especially after the Trump era.

In the election, before Biden became the nominee and Buttigieg was still running, there were Christian leaders and the like making a big deal about how a Buttigieg presidency would be the failure of morality in the USA and that he would be such a bad role model.

Why? Because... he's gay.

Meanwhile, these Christian leaders were worshiping Trump, a proud sexual offender. It really shows how they have no morality to speak of. Absolutely none.

Homosexuality doesn't harm anyone, but sexual assault most certainly does harm people. If one can't see this, they have failed morality.

Small reminder that not all Christians are homophobe, considering I detested a presidential candidate here for being homophobe (and later asking "where's the pandemic?" at the beginning of it all).

Of course and as I stated I am a Christian.

Edit: For context, BTW, Butch Hartman convinced people to fund his planned streaming service Oaxis. He mentioned the content would be for the whole family, but omitted the fact it would also be a Christian streaming service.

So basically theft by omitting his full intent before hand and as such lying (omitting info that those giving their money would have benefitted from).

Last edited:
Today the Senate voted on rules for Trump's 2nd impeachment trial. The Senate adopted the rules in an 89-11 vote. Notable Republicans to vote no on this include pretty much some of the worst of the worst, including Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Josh Hawley, and Tommy Tuberville.

They then had to vote on whether it was constitutional due to the absurd claim that "it will tear the nation apart" as if Trump hasn't. 6 Republicans joined the Democrats to vote yes, including Mitt Romney, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, Ben Sasse, Pat Toomey, and Bill Cassidy (Who notably changed his mind regarding whether it was constitutional or not).

Bill Cassidy (Who notably changed his mind regarding whether it was constitutional or not).
Louisiana’s other Senator, John Kennedy, voted “no” on moving forward with the trial. Not a total surprise; Kennedy’s up for re-election next year, while Cassidy just won a second term and can afford to take the chance.

Side note: both Cassidy and Kennedy are also former Democrats. Don’t let anyone tell you the Party Switch never happened.

I've been against Saudi Arabia's intervention in Yemen for the longest time now, but even I don't see a reason why the Saudi's shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves if there's an incursion into Saudi Arabia. Should they not be allowed to shoot down drones attacking their oil refineries?
I wasn't talking about incursions into Saudi Arabia, I was talking about rebel assaults on Saudi positions in Yemen.

President Joe Biden has an average approval rating of 54.2% according to FiveThirtyEight. Noteworthy because Trump was already at majority disapproval at this point in his presidency.
Is already safe to say Biden's done more in his first month than his predecessor's done in four years?

Is already safe to say Biden's done more in his first month than his predecessor's done in four years?
People talk about how Trump has done more in 4 years than any president. The reality is he's done more damage in 4 years than any other president. He's done very few GOOD things, though President Biden has, and a handful of it has been undoing the damage Trump has done, as well as taking the pandemic seriously.

Also, sadly I doubt they'd have the votes to convict Trump, but is there any other way to prevent him from running in 2024?

Last edited:
People talk about how Trump has done more in 4 years than any president. The reality is he's done more damage in 4 years than any other president. He's done very few GOOD things, though President Biden has, and a handful of it has been undoing the damage Trump has done, as well as taking the pandemic seriously.

Also, sadly I doubt they'd have the votes to convict Trump, but is there any other way to prevent him from running in 2024?
They could invoke Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, but that might actually require that Trump be convicted first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom