• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

2/26 Pokémon Presents Speculation Thread

What do you think will be shown tomorrow?

• Sinnoh remakes

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Let’s Go Johto

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • More Pokémon Unite info

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phosphene

Formerly SpinyShell
Reaction score
So we have a ~20 minute Pokémon Presents confirmed for tomorrow at 7am PST.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1364923859326169089?s=20

Thoughts?

Edit:
Premier link:

Timezones:
  • Australian Eastern Daylight Time (UTC+11): 2am, February 27th
  • Central European Time (UTC+1): 4pm, February 26th
  • Greenwich Mean Time (UTC): 3pm, February 26th
  • Eastern Time (UTC-5): 10am, February 26th
  • Central Time (UTC-6): 9am, February 26th
  • Mountain Time (UTC-7): 8am, February 26th
  • Pacific Time (UTC-8): 7am, February 26th

Last edited:
DPmakes
Unite news
Legends (which I assume is an animation miniseries project akin to Origins/Generations/TW)
Something for GO
Detective Pikachu 2 update

My more far-flung hope is for a new Mythical to be revealed.

Last edited:
What I expect: Unite, some Go stuff, a new mobile game, Snap, Sleep, and Detective Pikachu
What I am cautiously hopeful for: Sinnoh remakes, Let's Go Johto
What I want, but won't get: a new Mystery Dungeon game or an Explorers of Sky remake

Either Sinnoh remakes or LG Johto come to mind.

At the very least they'll make mountains out of molehills with little stuff with things for GO, Masters, New Pokemon Snap, other side games, and maybe an update for Unite. Maybe even some ports for all we know...:unsure:

Last edited:
What I want: Traditional DP remakes

I don't really care about anything else at this point. I have not been interested in Pokemon spin-offs since Gen I, lol. They just didn't last in interest for me.

If it's just some Lets Go game we get I'm going to scream and want to throw my Switch out the window.

Core games get their own Directs, as they're a distraction from other projects. LGPE were an exception because Go and Quest were related to them. Presents are a way for TPCi to announce stuff that Nintendo and Game Freak wouldn't.

I am not sold on the idea of Let's Go Sinnoh (although that recent TPCi tweet saying just that and the Poke Ball Plus reprint are suspicious), but I'd say they're more likely than traditional remakes as far as this video is concerned. New spin-off games are rather unlikely given the sheer amount of unreleased games (Detective Pikachu 2, Sleep, Unite and New Snap). If Legends is an anime, I hope it isn't just a bunch of shorts.

Core games get their own Directs, as they're a distraction from other projects. LGPE were an exception because Go and Quest were related to them. Presents are a way for TPCi to announce stuff that Nintendo and Game Freak wouldn't.

I am not sold on the idea of Let's Go Sinnoh (although that recent TPCi tweet saying just that and the Poke Ball Plus reprint are suspicious), but I'd say they're more likely than traditional remakes as far as this video is concerned. New spin-off games are rather unlikely given the sheer amount of unreleased games (Detective Pikachu 2, Sleep, Unite and New Snap). If Legends is an anime, I hope it isn't just a bunch of shorts.

We literally got a New Pokemon Snap announcement for the Switch.

If Legends is an anime, I hope it isn't just a bunch of shorts.

Especially since we already have Generations...
(and don't need a THIRD alternate take on Gen 1)

Though it will need a new name to separate it from the MMO.

Last edited:
That's an unofficial project though, isn't it? TPC won't care, and coopting the name could even have the added benefit (from their POV) of diverting attention away from an unlicensed product.

OH! Didn't know that part. Okay, never mind. "Pokemon Legends" it is then!

More Pokemon Snap info, a new Mystery Dungeon game, and more Pokemon Unite info. That's all.

...Or that's what I want to believe. I hope it's for anything but another mainline game that gets rushed to the door again. -_-

Desperately hoping for a confirmation of Sinnoh remakes, even if it's just the titles to confirm they aren't Let's Go games so everyone can stop freaking out about that. That said, I'm trying to tamper my expectations. It's not a guarantee.

Other than that probably Unite, GO, Snap, Detective Pikachu, the usual stuff. Maybe Sleep if it's still alive. Maybe some suprises we don't know anything about yet.

If it really is Let's Go Johto or gosh forbid Let's Go Sinnoh, I'll probably be disappointed for a bit because while I did actually like LGPE, it's kinda hard to go back to after SWSH, but I don't really think that'll happen.

DP remakes or bust. And not in LG style. If that isn't the headline, it's going to be a disappointment.

Probably also featuring news on some combination of Unite, New Snap, Detective Pikachu 2, Sleep, and new mobile spinoffs (ugh). I'm probably not going to care about the spinoffs unless it's New Snap, most of the modern spinoffs have been F2P mobile trash. Pie in the sky wish for a new spinoff would be Pokepark 3 (or a spiritual successor that retains its action adventure open world gameplay), but they don't seem to care about Pokepark anymore, so not expecting it.

Last edited:
Just imagine, the presentations starts... first the first two seconds the words "Diamond" and "Pearl" pop up... Title Music Plays... everyody screams and is excited and then... near the end "Let's Go" rumages on top of the Diamond and Pearl Logo.... excitement turns into frustration....

After the huge let-down that was the last Pokemon Presents, I'm not setting my expectations very high. The fact that it's airing tomorrow, not on the anniversary day, leads me to believe that it'll be a collection of smaller announcements for mobile games, spin-offs and the like, and that a trailer for a core series game will be released separately on Saturday.

After the huge let-down that was the last Pokemon Presents, I'm not setting my expectations very high. The fact that it's airing tomorrow, not on the anniversary day, leads me to believe that it'll be a collection of smaller announcements for mobile games, spin-offs and the like, and that a trailer for a core series game will be released separately on Saturday.
I don't see them announcing any game on a weekend.

Back
Top Bottom