• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so now Gou is not only representing Pokemon Go.... But Pokemon Sleep too.....

Which other apps will he represent in future episodes?

With these writers’ track record with Ash this series, his next capture will probably be nothing. They were presented with the perfect series for Ash to have a rotating team where he caught more than 5 Pokémon but they don’t seem interested in taking advantage of it since they probably find it superfluous with Go, the human capture machine, around.
Dracovish doesn't give me "final capture" vibes. I also highly doubt that Sirfetch'd and Dracovish, of all things, would be Ash's only Galar captures.

Except Ash would have no unevolved Pokemon to focus on after Farfetch'd evolves. He would get even less screentime than normal.
That is exactly what the Showrunners seem to want in this Series. Give him as less as time as possible, shove G*h in front of the screen and shove undeserved captures of his down the viewers throat. I wouldn't even be surprised heck, if they make him catch one of the Kanto Birds next (after simply throwing a Pokeball), That is how low my expectations for this series has become. And who the hell knows, maybe the Goh will capture the Zeraora & Zarude in the opening as well. heck!

I wonder if some of the Anime Staffers were given a pay raise by the marketers to turn this series into this.

That is exactly what the Showrunners seem to want in this Series. Give him as less as time as possible, shove G*h in front of the screen and shove undeserved captures of his down the viewers throat. I wouldn't even be surprised heck, if they make him catch one of the Kanto Birds next (after simply throwing a Pokeball), That is how low my expectations for this series has become. And who the hell knows, maybe the Goh will capture the Zeraora & Zarude in the opening as well. heck!

I wonder if some of the Anime Staffers were given a pay raise by the marketers to turn this series into this.
I wouldn't be surprised if they completely got rid of Ash after this saga and made Goh the sole protagonist. In fact, he somewhat already is.

I wouldn't be surprised if they completely got rid of Ash after this saga and made Goh the sole protagonist. In fact, he somewhat already is.
He already is the main sole protagonist. Ash is just a glorified side character. He's done. Goh is the Main Protagonist. This is the story of Goh and Ash not Ash and Goh. Some of the Previews & Merchandise refer to the Anime like this (Goh and Ash instead of Ash and Goh). It is getting ridiculous. Next they'll shove Pikachu and make the Franchise Mascot Cinderace.

He already is the main sole protagonist. Ash is just a glorified side character. He's done. Goh is the Main Protagonist. This is the story of Goh and Ash not Ash and Goh. Some of the Previews & Merchandise refer to the Anime like this (Goh and Ash instead of Ash and Goh). It is getting ridiculous. Next they'll shove Pikachu and make the Franchise Mascot Cinderace.
Goh is nothing more than a corporate shill for the mobile games. He's upstaging Ash in his own series and reducing him to the level of a side character. But I believe that it will get worse once Journeys gets near its ending.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want the monkey going to either Satoshi or Gou.
Knowing that it already has a trainer, better if it returned to them.

And some people think that the anime will be more appreciated near the end of its run.....
But seeing how more bad decisions are being made, I'm growing more convinced that that won't happen.

At this point, I think that BW is a better series than Journeys.

The fact that he does absolutely nothing interesting with his Pokémon, a Pokémon anime where Go is the sole protagonist would be possibly the most boring the Pokémon anime gets. Go might be able to be a good character in a slice of life show, but he couldn’t hold the Pokémon anime alone.

Pls give him Corviknight!
Dont tell that pls. U said pls give grookey to ash but goh will take it and now u r saying this so....

I found idea of some1 interesting.
He tells that couldnt the episode b better if goh already caught grookey but forgot so had a dream and then the rest crap

I finally understand why they didn't give Ash a Starter.

The reason Ash isn't getting Grookey is for the same reason Ash didn't get Sobble.

Because Goh already had the Shillmon

And they can't risk letting either of the other two Starters potentially overshadow Shillmon Cinderace

If they gave Grookey to Ash then we'd see Grookey get Development, become a Rillaboom and take on the PWC.

Cinderace is regulated to standing around and occasionally helping Goh.

Rillaboom would obviously come out looking better than Cinderace in this particular scenerio and they certainly don't want that because Cinderace is the Gen 8 Charizard

Last edited:
Ash isn't getting Grookey for the same reason Ash didn't get Sobble.

They can't risk letting either of the other two Starters potentially overshadow Shillmon Cinderace

If they gave Grookey to Ash then we'd see Grookey get Development, become a Rillaboom and take on the PWC.

Cinderace is regulated to standing around and occasionally helping Goh.

Rillaboom would obviously come out looking better than Cinderace in this particular scenerio and they certainly don't want that because Cinderace is the Gen 8 Charizard
Why. Grookey is better than Cinderace. Like whaaaat? Cinderace is my least fav out of the fully evolved starters. Inteleon and Rillaboom are getting wasted. If this was gen 8 anime all the starters would get equal focus. And you know what? Charizard was the shillmon but it did not detract any attention from Bulbasaur and Squirtle!

Sorry I'm a bit mad.

People being like "It's Journeys, so it'll definitely suck" need to rewatch DP. DP stopped being terrible way past its first year mark; saying this series can't get better is not acknowledging this show's history with rocky starts.

Its first year was really not very good. IMO the series really picked up only around the time of the Tag Battle arc/Hikozaru's capture.

I see, what were the general criticisms of DP at the time?

I see, what were the general criticisms of DP at the time?
It was a bit... boring? I think we all saw potential in stuff like Shinji, Hunter J .etc but on a week-by-week basis it didn't really hold up. Quite a lot of dull filler and even the plot stuff wasn't exactly enthralling. After the Tag Battle arc the Satoshi/Shinji rivalry really took off, the Ginga-dan subplot started in earnest, Hikari's Contest losing streak/development arc happened, even the quality of filler really ramped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom