• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

This look so cheap like Animal crossing, but done bad. This style doesnt fit pokemon. I wont buy it and if they dare to ask 60 dollars for this idk.

It kind of feels like Legends was what GF were working on the whole time, and that the actual remakes were an afterthought. I hope they announce that literally any changes at all were made from the original aside from the art style.

Anyway, I saw something vaguely Underground-looking, so my hopes are up :wynaut:

Lol, if so it’s a hard pass for me. I’ll be damned if I get forced to use ponyta as my only Fire type.
Per the Presents:
In these games, you can enjoy grand adventure together with all the Pokémon from Pokémon Diamond version and Pokémon Pearl version.
So it seems like we're keeping the original Pokedex.

Last edited:
People demand Sinnoh remakes for years, and when they're finally announced, those same people are disappointed?

I mean tbf this probably isn't what they had in mind. Plus, people had a lot of different ideas about how Sinnoh remakes could be handled, so inevitably some are going to be disappointed. They're not a hive mind.

I’m a little disappointed by the chibi style, but I think I can get over it. What I’m worried about is I got the impression these games only exist because they knew fans would be upset if we didn’t get them. It’s not really the project they wanted to work on and that’s why they outsourced it. I’m worried they will be exactly like the originals with nothing extra to set them apart. Remasters instead of remakes. I don’t want a lot changed just a little something added like the Delta Episode in ORAS. I also have a shiny Alolan Raichu that was going to be on my team that I have the feeling I won’t get to use, but oh well. I hope as the release gets closer we find out the games do have an extra something special.

Okay, my opinion:

- I'm on the minority that thinks that chibi gen 6 style is very good and should have stayed like that, so the artstyle is okay imo. But I still wish wasn't like,,, super square-ish and the textures were a bit better.
- It seems like they didn't wanted to change a lot in fear of the fandom getting angry, so I can sorta of see how it's more of a ''remaster'' then a ''remake'' like HGSS and ORAS were.
- I actually really like the colors and how everything doesn't looks dead like in SwSh.
- Barry looks a bit... weird
- This game doesn't looks that bad imo
- I'm still hoping that ''keeping true to the orignals'' doesn't equals ''don't fix the mistakes of DPPt'' like the way HGSS didn't fixed GSC's problems tho.

I keep watching the trailer and I am just... the difference between the overworld stuff and the in-battle stuff is just so stark. The overworld, I think, really does look quite nice and pretty. But man... LGPE had the same plasticine aesthetic, but it still felt clean and cohesive in battles. What happened here?

@SpinyShell The attachment in the spoiler box doesn't work. Also:

As for the art style, it bothers me because it creates a disconnect between overworld and battles that we've moved past the need for. I'm hoping that there'll at least be some cutscenes with more realistically-proportioned models like in Gen 6.

Wait I just remembered I can use Pokémon home to get around the Fire type problem. Sorry ponyta!

Attachments

• 8047D523-E32E-4782-929F-901AAF81D809.png
    8047D523-E32E-4782-929F-901AAF81D809.png
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 74
Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom