• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

The graphics are ugly, but I can look beyond that if the gameplay is good enough. If we get a pre-Galar Exp. Share, Megas, the National Dex, a return of all deleted moves, a removal of the TR system, the death of HMs, intact Contests, a good post-game, the customizable house from Platinum, and character customization, I actually might get them.

:')

Maybe the Unova remakes will be good?

If remakes mean not fix the core gameplay issues that glare at you, then sure, HGSS is what you are supposed to do for a remake.

I think it's time we wake up and accept HGSS really isn't that good in being an actual remake fixing stuff like we all pretend it is.

What is there to fix from Gold / Silver (and HGSS)? Gold / Silver aren't perfect games, but are at least memorable.

The graphics are ugly, but I can look beyond that if the gameplay is good enough. If we get a pre-Galar Exp. Share, Megas, the National Dex, a return of all deleted moves, a removal of the TR system, the death of HMs, intact Contests, a good post-game, the customizable house from Platinum, and character customization, I actually might get them.

:')

Maybe the Unova remakes will be good?

Oh these are "faithful" remakes, so you will get your HM's that you will have to devote 2-3 Pokemon for in order to use the HM moves.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it....visually speaking it feels more like a sidestep than an improvement. (and I feel like I'm being generous calling it a sidestep since I'm not a fan of the plastic-y look)

I think it's fair to say the addition of Legends probably made these games look even worse in comparison.

I'll try to withhold judgement (well most of it) until we hear a bit more....I do wish they hadn't gone for a chibi style though.

HGSS are how remakes should be done. The distortion world and Giratina is the perfect post-game episode.. but no, we are getting "remakes" that will look good on a Blackberry.
HGSS is not that good of a remake imo. It's a good game, but not a great remake. It didn't fixed any flaws of the og games besides the TM distribution

I mean we've only seen a few towns and trainer/wild Pokémon battles. We haven't seen if there will be story changes/character customizations/changes to Contests/improvements on other aspects of the game/etc. I'm going to wait and see what's in store.
I'm probably optimistically biased because this news was the highlight of my crappy day. With that and my lack of nostalgia for these games, take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Truth be told, I think the chibi overworld looks fine - kinda charming, even. But those in-battle scenes look pretty rough.
I find the chibis odd but somewhat charming? The full size models look like cheap plastic figurines. And as a whole, the game so far looks like a 3D version of D/P and nothing else. Of course, there's plenty of time for them to show otherwise

Legends seems like the BotW style game so many people wanted, but I personally wonder why they would set it in old times Sinnoh. That somehow still has pokéball technology. And protags that are basically Dawn and Lucas.

And honestly, the graphics don't look particularly appealing either. I know there's still plenty of time to go, so we'll see.

How m
I mean we've only seen a few towns and trainer/wild Pokémon battles. We haven't seen if there will be story changes/character customizations/changes to Contests/improvements on other aspects of the game/etc. I'm going to wait and see what's in store.
I'm probably optimistically biased because this news was the highlight of my crappy day. With that and my lack of nostalgia for these games, take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Sucks that you got a crappy day

What I'm wondering is how they'll handle the Underground. We clearly saw it, so it's there. Will it still be Local Wireless only, or will it allow you to join people online? And if it's the later, will it connect with random strangers, or only with Friends? There's all sorts of ways they could modernize it, and I hope they don't just make it only local.

My guess is these games are going to be pretty much exactly what they say on the tin. DP but in 3D. No new forms for Dialga and Palkia, no regional variants or new Megas or anything. (I wonder if it'll have the old Megas, though - LGPE did, and there are many Mega-capable Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex.) This is going to be straight-up DP, likely with a few Platinum elements. Also, since these seem to be low-key Let's Go style (but with wild battles), maybe there'll be GO connectivity and a new Mythical Pokémon? But that's the most I would expect as far as new content.

Upside is, I suspect this means that all the features and dungeon layouts and stuff will remain intact. Downside (for me at least) is that it's pretty unremarkable overall. It'll be a decent little experience, but nothing amazing - I guess that's what next year is for.

Legends seems like the BotW style game so many people wanted, but I personally wonder why they would set it in old times Sinnoh. That somehow still has pokéball technology. And protags that are basically Dawn and Lucas.

We don't really get to see a lot of the Pokémon world before the modern era. Pokéball, or at least technology that resembles Pokéball, has been around the Pokémon world since ancient times. I have two possible explanations for the protagonists: they're the ancestors of Lucas and Dawn, or it's a Link reincarnation (is that how LOZ works?) sort of thing.

Maybe it's a "yeah you want Diamond and Pearl remakes, here they are, also something fresh and new that's kind of like Diamond and Pearl but it's fresh and new so we can have fun with it". Idk what I'm saying.

Here's my team if anyone is interested:
250px-392Infernape.png

Nacho (Infernape)
Moves:
Flamethrower
Thunder Punch
Close Combat
U-Turn
250px-398Staraptor.png

Birb 3.0 (Staraptor)
Moves:
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Roost
Return
250px-405Luxray.png

Sparky (Luxray)
Moves:
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Crunch
250px-407Roserade.png

Rose (Roserade)
Moves:
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
250px-419Floatzel.png

Aqua (Floatzel)
Surf
Ice Beam
Crunch
Brick Break
250px-445Garchomp.png

Draco (Garchomp)
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Brick Break
Earthquake

Here's my team if anyone is interested:
250px-392Infernape.png

Nacho (Infernape)
Moves:
Flamethrower
Thunder Punch
Close Combat
U-Turn
250px-398Staraptor.png

Birb 3.0 (Staraptor)
Moves:
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Roost
Return
250px-405Luxray.png

Sparky (Luxray)
Moves:
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Crunch
250px-407Roserade.png

Rose (Roserade)
Moves:
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
250px-419Floatzel.png

Aqua (Floatzel)
Surf
Ice Beam
Crunch
Brick Break
250px-445Garchomp.png

Draco (Garchomp)
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Brick Break
Earthquake
Better keep space for the HMs if they come back lol.

OMG PLS NO HMSSSS

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom