• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Anyway as for the lack of online I see absolutely 0 reason to believe that as of now, so I’m not really going to base any speculation on that being a “fact”.

Agreed, I see no reason to believe this. At the very least there HAS to be the basics: trading and battling, even if it's only with other copies of Legends Arceus. Beyond that, if there's any additional player-to-player interactions, like secret bases/the underground/seeing other players in the wild area, anything like that would be neat, but not needed, bare minimum a main series Pokemon game must have online battling and trading.

I have to say, the concept overall seems like a fangame, what with the random starter choices, different approach and focus on a very underused legendady... that being said, I’m very pleased that the company is experimenting so many different ideas, and the game seemingly being more open worlded with more player/creature interaction makes this seem very good.

I’m also very interested in what lore we’ll be given about Arceus. Will it get a new form? Will the Unown be involved? Will we finally learn how it got stuck in that fence?

Agreed, I see no reason to believe this. At the very least there HAS to be the basics: trading and battling, even if it's only with other copies of Legends Arceus. Beyond that, if there's any additional player-to-player interactions, like secret bases/the underground/seeing other players in the wild area, anything like that would be neat, but not needed, bare minimum a main series Pokemon game must have online battling and trading.

I could totally see Secret Bases in this game, albeit done different than the Underground. I have a feeling the Underground won't be in this game due to that leaning more into high tech advancements that would've occurred after this game's events. Having Secret Bases that are more based on fortresses or hideouts though? That would fit right in a game where you explore a wild, untamed open world in ancient times.

I've seen people mentioning it but...how do we know Pokemon can actually attack trainers in this game?

I haven't seen it in the trailer or on the website?

It was reported by Centro Leaks, who seems to be drawing it from a leaked presentational slide about the game

It was reported by Centro Leaks, who seems to be drawing it from a leaked presentational slide about the game

Interesting. I figured they would probably experiment with real time battling in this series, but it still looked turn based from the trailer. Sounds good, and probably another thing that would help it sell well as a separate series. Linear turn based vs. open world real time would cover varying interests pretty well.

Now before anyone goes and starts thinking this game might be good, I have bad news to bear:

6.jpg

The trees are N64 :cry:
GameFreak should outsource the tree-making.

Jokes aside, thoughts on the battle UI and stuff?
screenshot03
I dislike the black bands, but the placement of the health bars on the top and bottom seems less intrusive, which I like. The offset placement of the move boxes bothers me more than it should. Looks like the type icons are different than the ones in SwSh/GO too, which is interesting to me because I thought they'd be standardized considering their use in SwSh, GO, and HOME. Battles overall seem a little more cinematic, now with physical contact (yes!), which I'm really excited about. Also, I'm assuming that we're no longer going to be transported to a special battle arena and instead fights take place in the overworld. Curious to see what the transition will look like.

This game certainly looks...interesting. I like the fact that the starters are chosen from 3 different regions. And I like that it's in Sinnoh with Dawn and Lucas-like ancestor characters. The gameplay looks a bit weird tho. Not sure if I'll get it or not. Maybe. If I do, I'd totally start with my baby Oshawott.

Pardon my ignorance but... what's an ATB system?
Per Wikipedia:
The "Active Time Battle" (ATB) system was introduced by Hiroyuki Ito in Final Fantasy IV (1991).[5] The system discarded the discrete turn-based battles of the first three entries in favour of a continuous flow of actions and variable wait times.[6] The fact that enemies can attack or be attacked at any time is credited with injecting urgency and excitement into the combat system.[7] The ATB system was fully developed in Final Fantasy V (1992), which improved it by introducing a time gauge to indicate to the player which character's turn is next.[8] The ATB system has since been used in Final Fantasy VI (1994), Final Fantasy VII (1997), Final Fantasy VIII (1999), Final Fantasy IX (2000), and Final Fantasy X-2 (2003). Both Final Fantasy XII (2006) and Final Fantasy XIII (2009) used heavily modified versions of the system. The ATB system was also used in Chrono Trigger (1995).

Not sure what the discussion about possible Pokemon outside of the Sinnoh dex are, but there's a scene at the beginning (albeit a drawing) or Piplup and some Spheal, and... To my knowledge, Spheal wasn't in the Sinnoh dex, right? So.... There's hope, yeah?

Edit: oops there's a whole thread for dex lol, ignore me.

GameFreak should outsource the tree-making.

Jokes aside, thoughts on the battle UI and stuff?
screenshot03
I dislike the black bands, but the placement of the health bars on the top and bottom seems less intrusive, which I like. The offset placement of the move boxes bothers me more than it should. Looks like the type icons are different than the ones in SwSh/GO too, which is interesting to me because I thought they'd be standardized considering their use in SwSh, GO, and HOME. Battles overall seem a little more cinematic, now with physical contact (yes!), which I'm really excited about. Also, I'm assuming that we're no longer going to be transported to a special battle arena and instead fights take place in the overworld. Curious to see what the transition will look like.
Maybe they were trying to go for a letterbox cinematic thing. It could be one of the many things they will probably improve on before we see it come out next year.

I hope they don’t change up the mechanics too much. One of my favorite things about Pokemon is how simple the mechanics are compared to other turn based games. Sure they can get complex sometimes but only if you want them too.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom