• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I won't be surprised if it was meant for this year but hit delayed.

I wouldn't be that surprised either. I could see the Diamond/Pearl remakes being meant for earlier in this year as well.

I could see the first gen 9 games being pushed to early or mid 2023 as a result. We've been able to rely on that 3 year pattern for a while now but covid will probably throw that pattern out the window.

I think I figured out why they went with Cyndaquil.

The Volcano Sakurajimi that apparently erupted during the Samurai era. Considering Typhlosion is pretty much the embodiment of a volcano, I can now place it properly.
One thing I was thinking about is how are we gonna register the other two starters in the Pokedex. The professor will give us them later on or we will find them somehow in the wild? Or just because they are not originally from Sinnoh we will never see them again?
A good thing is that maybe trade evolutions are no more a thing.

If it's true (which is hard to believe, really. Even from Joe since he has made some mistakes before.) then maybe the game was really just a proof of concept. Like the wild area and expansion pass were the multiplayer proof of concept, but they had to make a full game for 100%.

Either way, I feel like this is something that will change within a year. They know they'll just end up pissing off a lot of vocal people again. If there's no online, the fallout will probably be bigger than Dexit was.

Why is hello Kitty the second biggest franchise in the world?
As someone who before Pokemon was really big into Sanrio stuff as a kid...Hello Kitty is cute and therefore profitable. Not to mention the stuff is easy to collect even if you don't know the lore.

There are a bunch of questions about how would Pokemon Legends: Arceus would turn out:
1. Story - Well I figure out the story wise, but it does involve Arceus, it some sort of connection
2. Gameplay - Since it's a prequel, it took place way before Pokemon Trainer and Pokemon League was a thing, My question is what is more to this game, beside just capturing pokemon and battling boss, since there's no Pokemon gyms, Pokemon Leagues, and your in a open world free to capture any pokemon (If they're no level gap), What is the purpose, In traditional Pokemon games, Start your journey, Capturing pokemon, Win Eight Gym badges, take on the Evil Team, and Beat Pokemon League, Done. Even in Let's Go the traditional games was still the same, but catching mechanic was different, and consider a sub series, there's should more to this game, will they be other characters in the game with pokemon so you can battle them, Will we see an evil team, and what happen when complete your Sinnoh Pokedex, Will you create some sort of Battle Facility
3. No online multiplayer - Pokemon is about Battling with your friends and Trading Pokemon, If there's no Online multiplayer, how will link trade pokemon to evolve and battle Pokemon online, maybe they'll add multiplayer later, maybe they won't I don't know
4. More or Lack of Content - Since this game is about Completing your Sinnoh Pokedex, I wonder if they'll be more or less content, If they have a Post game content.

I don't know it's too early to tell, Maybe we'll see more before early 2022.

I can't shake the feeling that the Legends game would have been the perfect opportunity to not give us the traditional starters. If they wanted to go with a Volcano theme, Numel and Camerupt are right there. Samurai theme; hello Barbaracle.

I can't shake the feeling that the Legends game would have been the perfect opportunity to not give us the traditional starters. If they wanted to go with a Volcano theme, Numel and Camerupt are right there. Samurai theme; hello Barbaracle.
I guess the idea of Barbaracle as a starter alone makes me feel totally happy with what we got.

I guess the idea of Barbaracle as a starter alone makes me feel totally happy with what we got.

Don't sleep on Barbaracle because its ugly. It isn't a bad Pokemon at all.

Aside from that: It would have taken the potentially Legends series to divide even more from the traditional games.

Want to use non-traditional starters: Play legends
Want to use traditional starters: Play the traditional games.

Yeah. I mean, they could’ve gone for non traditional starters, but if they went for Barbaracle, there would’ve been an uproar.
I also think the choice of making the professor bring three Pokémon from different regions in Sinnoh is quite interesting, and depending on the dialogues about this in the game, it could open up some discussions on how advanced the other regions are compared to Sinnoh.

Don't sleep on Barbaracle because its ugly. It isn't a bad Pokemon at all.

Aside from that: It would have taken the potentially Legends series to divide even more from the traditional games.

Want to use non-traditional starters: Play legends
Want to use traditional starters: Play the traditional games.
The problem is the fact that he’s ugly, at least in regards for the vast majority of players, I think.
I don’t mind overall the idea of non traditional starters, but what they did is still interesting to me.

I honestly don't care that much about the starters. I will catch a piplup as soon as I can and consider that my real starter.
Right now, I think I'll go with Oshawott. I want to be that guy with a samurai in the feudal Sinnoh. :sneaky:

I honestly don't care that much about the starters. I will catch a piplup as soon as I can and consider that my real starter.
Right now, I think I'll go with Oshawott. I want to be that guy with a samurai in the feudal Sinnoh. :sneaky:

Considering the games time frame, you'll be more like "the last samurai".:LOL:

I think I figured out why they went with Cyndaquil.

The Volcano Sakurajimi that apparently erupted during the Samurai era. Considering Typhlosion is pretty much the embodiment of a volcano, I can now place it properly.
It's probably much simpler than that to be honest. Typhlosion is based on a Badger ("Mujina") and the Mujina is often depicted as a shapeshifting yokai much like foxes and Tanuki were in feudal Japan. I suppose it doesn't neatly fit with the idea of a samurai and an archer (which can well be the same thing) but whatever.

1614448651439.png

Of course, that's assuming there even is a theme to the Starter choice beyond "not Gen 4". We might just be overthinking things as usual. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's probably much simpler than that to be honest. Typhlosion is based on a Badger ("Mujina") and the Mujina is often depicted as a shapeshifting yokai much like foxes and Tanuki were in feudal Japan. I suppose it doesn't neatly fit with the idea of a samurai and an archer (which can well be the same thing) but whatever.

Of course, that's assuming there even is a theme to the Starter choice beyond "not Gen 4". We might just be overthinking things as usual. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The problem is that all the weapons were already taken by water starters. I mean Greninja, Samurott and Empoleon are just the best starters for this game XD Maybe when they decided to develop this they thought: "Why didn't we make a fire starter with a weapon"? (Gen 9 fire starter confirmed).
Next game the war in Kalos with Blastoise, Inteleon and Chesnaught.

In regards to whether or not Pokémon Legends: Arceus will portray the Ainu native and the Meiji period colonization of Hokkaido, I think this could tie into both the Unown ruins of Solaceon Town and why Arceus will apparently play a role in your journey. Since this is obviously a kid-friendly franchise, it will probably conclude with some agreement with the Poképan settlers and the native Sinnoh people and Pokémon that they'd be allowed to live in the region as long as they immortalize native Sinnoh's culture and the various Sinnoh myths. This agreement could even explain why landmarks such as Eterna Forest remain untouched.

Just a weird thought. I know the game isn't millions of years ago, but there could still be some new fossil pokemon. Or flat out new pokemon in Sinnoh that went extinct due to some catastrophe. Which can explain why it isn't around in the present.

For example, a professor took them all to another region. So hoping for some new pokemon here.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom