• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Not an especially major observation, but anyone else notice the Croagunk statue on the shelf behind the guy in the presentation?

croagunk.png

I guess the one in Hop's room in SwSh was a hint. :p

Well, that's that. The last games which could've brought this fandom together have been marred by controversy from the get-go. It's over. Pack it up. The Pokemon fandom is dead. Pour one out for what was once a great community. :cry:

Oh come on. Don't be such a Debby Downer.

Whether we have the Platinum Dex or not, Giratina story elements or not, Battle Frontier or not, doesn't matter when the art style sucks, now, does it?
Of course it still matters. Plenty of people value these elements over the art style.
EmpoleonProd said:
There's a ton of unknown variables with these games yet, that much is true, but the art style isn't one of them, and it objectively sucks.
No. It’s 100% subjective, and I’ve seen plenty of people who enjoy the art style.
What a debacle - the real Game Freak has returned!
Again, it’s not a GameFreak game. It was developed by ILCA.

I had honestly just taken DarkraiKnight's statement to mean that it's kinda sad how the whole community was waiting for these games and then they get revealed and it's another controversy lol. Did I interpret wrong? It is kinda sad in that respect because I know it's not what people expected or wanted for the remakes people were looking forward to, but I do agree a lot of people are jumping on the doomsday train for this game a little too fast. I'm just also not surprised after LGPE's disaster reveal.

Like, I really wanted it in SWSH's style too and the chibis STILL throw me off though I think the rest of the overworld looks pretty good, but I still think it has the potential to be good games that give me a new love for Sinnoh.

I had honestly just taken DarkraiKnight's statement to mean that it's kinda sad how the whole community was waiting for these games and then they get revealed and it's another controversy lol. Did I interpret wrong? It is kinda sad in that respect because I know it's not what people expected or wanted for the remakes people were looking forward to, but I do agree a lot of people are jumping on the doomsday train for this game a little too fast. I'm just also not surprised after LGPE's disaster reveal.

Like, I really wanted it in SWSH's style too and the chibis STILL throw me off though I think the rest of the overworld looks pretty good, but I still think it has the potential to be good games that give me a new love for Sinnoh.

Yeah. Honestly, the Chibi style looked worse than Lets Go, but i am warming up to it now.

Let's wait and see. Maybe future trailers like on E3 would reveal new stuff that would make us like the games better. I'm going to get Brilliant Diamond.
That is what I expect. It would be hard to promote the game if all they changed from the originals was the graphics.

While this is certainly true, I would surely think that these games are something Game Freak wanted to be made (but knew they didn't have time for), and we know that Masuda is acting as a liaison with ICLA. In that regard, it may still be the case that Game Freak concepted and commissioned these games, which would indeed put some of the responsibility on them? In other words, I don't think these games would exist without Game Freak's say-so.

I had honestly just taken DarkraiKnight's statement to mean that it's kinda sad how the whole community was waiting for these games and then they get revealed and it's another controversy lol.

That may be, but just in general, saying "the fandom and community is dead" is pretty dire.

Personally, I don't think it'll give me a new love for Sinnoh, but I'm sure it will let me appreciate the aspects of Sinnoh that I already know I like, but this time at a speed that doesn't feel like dragging my face against concrete. Which is definitely a good thing. And while I don't love the quality of the battle scenes, I can get over that (and in fairness, what we saw of Legends: Arceus was extremely rough too, frankly rougher than what we saw of BDSP, it just understandably gets more slack because it's far more ambitious).

Doubt E3 is happening again this year due to the ongoing pandemic.

It's probably safer to say a new trailer will either be in the next Pokemon Direct/Presents or Nintendo Direct.

Of course it still matters. Plenty of people value these elements over the art style.

No. It’s 100% subjective, and I’ve seen plenty of people who enjoy the art style.

I'm pretty sure GameFreak has the final say on it. Like some members have said, I can't believe it passed the quality control, and keep in your mind that the graphics will not look that diferent from what we got so far. In my opinion this franchise has hit a new low.

A laughing stock:

Source -> https://www.dualshockers.com/static/uploads/2021/02/pokemon-ilca-scaled.jpg

1614453856317.png

While this is certainly true, I would surely think that these games are something Game Freak wanted to be made (but knew they didn't have time for), and we know that Masuda is acting as a liaison with ICLA. In that regard, it may still be the case that Game Freak concepted and commissioned these games, which would indeed put some of the responsibility on them? In other words, I don't think these games would exist without Game Freak's say-so.
Sure and I’m willing to accept that. The problem I’m seeing is that people are fully willing to point the finger at them when it comes to issues in a game that was mainly handled by another company entirely, but then hardly pay them any praise when it comes to the game that everyone is crazy about. People really just love to scapegoat them for all of the series’ problems.

That may be, but just in general, saying "the fandom and community is dead" is pretty dire.

Personally, I don't think it'll give me a new love for Sinnoh, but I'm sure it will let me appreciate the aspects of Sinnoh that I already know I like, but this time at a speed that doesn't feel like dragging my face against concrete. Which is definitely a good thing. And while I don't love the quality of the battle scenes, I can get over that (and in fairness, what we saw of Legends: Arceus was extremely rough too, frankly rougher than what we saw of BDSP, it just understandably gets more slack because it's far more ambitious).

I get that, but they still likely aren't the ones who decided on the graphical style. They just wanted it done and left it to them and Masuda. I still think it's a bit unfair to go screaming at them for a game that they didn't develop.

And yes, I'd agree that statement might have been too much, but honestly thought it was hyperbole. Just kinda saw the point of it. It is a bit exhausting when there's this negative commotion every time a game is announced that isn't what we're expecting. Legends is the first mostly positive reaction I've seen to a game in years.

Thing with Sinnoh that makes me so hopeful for these remakes is that I didn't love Sinnoh that much. Diamond was my second game, and the first one I never finished. Even when I did eventually finish it, it was so slow and grindy that I transfered mons from Emerald to finish it because I just couldn't be bothered anymore. Platinum helped with all that, but was still a problem for me. That's kinda why I'm hoping at the least these remakes can give me Sinnoh at a reasonable speed and pacing that, like you said, doesn't make me feel like dragging my face against concrete. Even just that would give me a new love for the Sinnoh games. I know that's just me though because so many others love Gen 4.

The end of the Sinnoh confirmed memes has finally come... oh, and the remakes too :ROFLMAO:. Though I always scream like crazy when Pokémon announces something new there are a couple of things that I didn't like:

- This may not be very important but I don't like that the characters don't have a new design, in the Hoenn remakes all the important characters had a redesign, and just that little detail gives the game a little identity of its own. I hope the game has the option to customize the protagonist and that the characters that we haven't seen have new designs, but honestly I don't think that's the case since Barry looks exactly the same.

- This is a matter of taste but the chibi design seems a bit weird to me, I swear that at first I didn't know if it was a Let's Go Sinnoh or not o_O. I know that chibi designs has always been used in Pokémon but in 3D it looks jarring. Cyrus was a somewhat dark villain by Pokémon standards but he surely will be the most affected by this design, I don't think anyone will take Chibi Cyrus seriously LOL.

And for the rest I don't think I can comment about it since we really don't know anything, I hope everything is up to par but with Pokémon you never know :LOL:. What I wonder the most is if we will have new Gigamax, I say this because in ORAS we had new Mega Evolutions, as they were the seasonal gimmick, maybe Cynthia has a Gigamax Garchomp or a Mega Garchomp. I would like the Mega Evolutions to return but that's just my wish, don't listen to me :whistle:.

And now what was I going to do? Oh, yes... Unova confirmed!

Last edited:
As a fan you should never be greatful, you should expect it. You pay money for it. And a Company like pokemon should have high standards

Most Successful RPG Series of All Time", "Game Series With the Most Spin-Off Movies" and "Most Photosensitive Epileptic Seizures Caused by a TV Show".[122] As of March 2020, the series has sold over 368 million units.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom