• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers New Pokémon Snap

This game looks really pretty. Like the environments look so beautiful and wide ( I like want to start researching and drawing my own environments now ) and the Pokémon are full of personality. Look at Starly grooming itself or how Toucannon nests in trees. You don’t ever see that in-game.

It’s also nice to see Meganium get some spotlight. Poor Meganium has been deemed the worst starter for generations, so it’s refreshing to see it get some spotlight with a new mechanic.

I couldn't remember if there was a dex for the first game, and I couldn't find anything about it
There was the Pokémon Report, which catalogued all the Pokémon available in the game. Each Pokémon was represented by the best photo the player had taken of it. Photographing all 63 Pokémon in the game would alter the end credits.

Imagine how good a free roam Pokemon Snap could be. You can walk around and interact with the pokemon, take pictures of them during a certain part of the day, you can relax in facilities built around the region. A non free roaming Pokemon Snap could be an incredible game

So new confirmed Mons (For so far i have spotted)
Stoutland, Braviary, Sobble, Alomomola, Luvdisc, Alolan Raichu (Exciting, since that might mean we get more Alolan and Galarian forms), Vaporeon, Tyranitar, Hoothoot (We only saw it in stills earlier), Cradily (Which means fossils), Kangaskhan, Pikachu was riding a Stunfisk, Quagsire, Machamp, Both Hippowdon genders, Sandygast, Bulbasaur, Magmar, Frillish, Minior, Unfezant (We only saw the female, but if the Hippowdon is any indication, we likely get both), Chinchou, Inkay, Metapod, Celebi, Pancham

Okay, this is purely my own speculation, and it might sound a little bit farfetch'd, but hear me out... I think that new character we saw in that trailer could actually be an older Todd Snap.
3QhG9OC.png
(edit: changed it to a better picture)

Hairstyle and hair color aside, the main thing I noticed was that he's wearing the same style of gloves that Todd does, as well as the bracelet on his left hand that has purple and pink stripes, just like his shirt does in the original Pokemon Snap. There's also no mention of this character on either of the official sites, unlike the new rival from the same trailer.
Of course, I could always be 100% wrong here, and it could just be a sneaky reference in his design... but what do you guys think?

Besides that though, this game seems like it's going to be a LOT of fun, and the environments still look amazing. I'm really looking forward to it, way more than I have for any other spinoff in the past few years. :bulbaLove:

Last edited:
@Orchid

You may like this, i just spotted Eevee. It made it in (Makes sense with Vaporeon in it, but still).
I saw it too!! I wonder if that means every Eeveelution will be included. I would assume so, since they can be found in the wild in the core series now.

Sudowoodo also in the game.

I spotted something else in the house in the opening scene if you zoom in all the way: Audino is in as well.

Flygon also made it.

Espeon made it. So most likely we are getting all Eeveelutions.

Midnight Lycanroc also made it (I assume the other 2 will make it as well then).

A lilypad shaped like a Lotad is also there. So i think Lotad made it in as well, since previously we saw Sandygasts shovel on the beach and now its confirmed.

Also, if you look in the video and stop at the 1:46 mark (Hoothoot scene), you can see a wing flapping in and out the screen on the right side. I think this is a Venomoth.

So far, four different Vivillon forms have been spotted.

I also think Lental might be in between Unova and Alola in terms of region.

Initial thoughts from the trailer yesterday: Vaporeon is so freaking adorable in this game and I need 12 copies of this game NOW!

It was great to see the game again, and I am so freakin excited for the release date. It's definitely a day 1 buy for me, and I am sure I am going to waste hours and hours of my life away on it. I'm glad there are a few different ways to interact with pokemon, and it sounds like if we explore the places at night we might see some different creatures than we do in the day. I love how this game seems so close to the original but at the same time, it seems to add a lot more replay value.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom