• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus Character Thread

Bolt Strike

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
There's already a thread on the protagonists of the game, but I'd like to have a more generalized thread to talk about the characters as a whole. Could we see other characters' ancestors show up, such as Cynthia, Cyrus, Prof. Rowan, the gym leaders and Elite 4? Do modern characters time travel? Maybe we see the Draconids make an appearance? What kinds of characters do you think will appear in the game?

I'm interested to see what route they'll take with the characters. Will we see character ancestors as you said, or will we have a fully original cast of characters we've never seen before?

Personally, I think I would like to see a mix of the two. I think there's a lot of cool concepts they could do if they have these ancestor characters. Some of them could be very similar personality-wise to their modern-day descendants, while others might be different. I think it would also be cool if the ancestor characters don't look completely like their descendants like the player characters do. I think it makes more sense for the player characters, but the NPCs all have some cool unique traits to them that they could keep while changing up the design. Like maybe a Cynthia ancestor also has her eyes, and that same design for her bans, but has completely different-colored hair.

Of course, I would like to see some original characters too. I'm always down for my characters, and I think the games would benefit from having some of them.

Considering they're being coy with the Professor, I say the entire game is just made up of identical ancestors. I doubt that outside the updated trainer classes, we'll be getting any original NPCs.

I would really like if we kept the whole "identical ancestor" thing to an absolute minimum. Let this game stand on its own without having DP as a ball and chain.

Anyways, I hope that despite the narration calling Sinnoh a vast wilderness there will still be people outside of your initial town as just running around a bunch catching PKMN for the Dex sounds otherwise really boring.

I would really like if we kept the whole "identical ancestor" thing to an absolute minimum. Let this game stand on its own without having DP as a ball and chain.

Anyways, I hope that despite the narration calling Sinnoh a vast wilderness there will still be people outside of your initial town as just running around a bunch catching PKMN for the Dex sounds otherwise really boring.

I don't think every ancestor will be identical, just Lucas and Dawn's to maintain a connection to the player. I think if there are any other ancestors present in the game, they retain some similarities while having distinct appearances and identities.

There has got to be something about Riley.

Byron said:
"You're acquainted with a fellow named Riley, aren't you? He's a mystifying sort, that one. I have no idea how old he is, to tell you the truth."

I found it interesting that they would deliberately put that line in. Riley is certainly an interesting character to think about.

There has got to be something about Riley.

I found it interesting that they would deliberately put that line in. Riley is certainly an interesting character to think about.

Oh yes, that's another one. I'd be shocked if there wasn't an aura related character like Riley or Sir Aaron in this game (probably not them, more likely Riley's ancestor).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom