• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I highly doubt they'll come up with new pokemon for this game. It's a spin off/prequel, the most it will probably have are regional variants that may have gone extinct.

Also, Kubfu originally being from Sinnoh also sounds like something that could actually happen just to tie it back to SWSH somehow.

Someone on Zelda Universe suggested this game could have voice acting because the trailer opens with a voiceover. Kind of like how BotW hammered home it’s voice acting in the very first trailer with the now iconic: “Open your eyes”.

I highly doubt they'll come up with new pokemon for this game. It's a spin off/prequel, the most it will probably have are regional variants that may have gone extinct.

Also, Kubfu originally being from Sinnoh also sounds like something that could actually happen just to tie it back to SWSH somehow.

Eh, I could at least see an exclusive mythical like how LGPE had Meltan.

We've had some amount of new Pokemon in every new game since SM. Even aside from the new generations, USUM had the new Ultra Beasts and Zeraora, LGPE had Meltan/Melmetal, IoA had Kubfu/Urshifu, and CT had Calyrex, Glastrier, and Spectrier. They seem to have taken to adding at least something new to get people interested in it, so I don't doubt there'll be some amount of new Pokemon in BDSP and some amount of new Pokemon in this game. Judging by past entries it'll probably only be a handful, but it'll be something.

We've had some amount of new Pokemon in every new game since SM. Even aside from the new generations, USUM had the new Ultra Beasts and Zeraora, LGPE had Meltan/Melmetal, IoA had Kubfu/Urshifu, and CT had Calyrex, Glastrier, and Spectrier. They seem to have taken to adding at least something new to get people interested in it, so I don't doubt there'll be some amount of new Pokemon in BDSP and some amount of new Pokemon in this game. Judging by past entries it'll probably only be a handful, but it'll be something.

Other than Meltan/Melmetal, none of those pokemon showed up in a remake/special half gen game. They were added in the upgraded games (which both DLC are taking over for). The most (again, other than LGPE) remakes had were new forms. Sure, there can always be another Meltan situation. But I don't see them adding more than one or two new pokemon. This isn't a new gen, it's just a spin off that happens to be canon.

Other than Meltan/Melmetal, none of those pokemon showed up in a remake/special half gen game. They were added in the upgraded games (which both DLC are taking over for). The most (again, other than LGPE) remakes had were new forms. Sure, there can always be another Meltan situation. But I don't see them adding more than one or two new pokemon. This isn't a new gen, it's just a spin off that happens to be canon.

LGPE is the only remake that's happened since SM though, so if you're excluding it you have no other games as a precedent to say they won't do it. HGSS and ORAS occurred before they started adding new Pokemon, and if you're looking at new forms, they were up to par with the other games since they'd been doing new forms since Platinum. So the evidence overwhelmingly points to them adding new Pokemon.

Eh, I could at least see an exclusive mythical like how LGPE had Meltan.
Yes I 2nd this.

Gen 8 is due for another mythical pokemon anyways. (Though it's still possible it will come as a DLC to Sword/Shield this spring/summer).

Btw fusion pokemon is up. What are the chances there will be a pokemon that can fuse with Dialga or Palkia.

Speaking of Meltan, I love the little guy and I’d love for it to pop up in these games. You could make it work with Melmetal’s backstory from GO:

> “According to these records, Melmetal was once regarded as a sacred being in a secluded community deep inside a wooded land that was rich with magnetite-bearing sedimentary rock. People there developed ways to make unique tools out of metal shed by Melmetal. Without such metal, they couldn't have made these tools back then.”

Could certainly explain how these ancient Sinnohans are making cool, steam-powered Poké Balls! (Also, “magnetite-bearing sedimentary rock” - Mt. Coronet with its special magnetic field, anyone?)

It's probably much simpler than that to be honest. Typhlosion is based on a Badger ("Mujina") and the Mujina is often depicted as a shapeshifting yokai much like foxes and Tanuki were in feudal Japan. I suppose it doesn't neatly fit with the idea of a samurai and an archer (which can well be the same thing) but whatever.

Of course, that's assuming there even is a theme to the Starter choice beyond "not Gen 4". We might just be overthinking things as usual. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also came across this fairly convincing reasoning on Twitter, but I’ll definitely co-sign the possibility of us overthinking it, too.

Last edited:
LGPE is the only remake that's happened since SM though, so if you're excluding it you have no other games as a precedent to say they won't do it. HGSS and ORAS occurred before they started adding new Pokemon, and if you're looking at new forms, they were up to par with the other games since they'd been doing new forms since Platinum. So the evidence overwhelmingly points to them adding new Pokemon.
It's only one set of games. If and only if Legends or BDSP have new pokemon then I will believe the new norm is introducing new pokemon every remake. But until then the old normal for remakes were just new forms here and there and LGPE is just the exception. Kind of like how B2W2 was the lone exception out of the second games just being rehashed older games but with expanded and new content.

To my understanding, Legends has been confirmed as a core series game.
That's why I said it was canon. Like it's outside of the timeline of the main games which makes it a spin off for lack of a better term, but it's still a mainline game which makes it canon.

Don't sleep on Barbaracle because its ugly. It isn't a bad Pokemon at all.

Aside from that: It would have taken the potentially Legends series to divide even more from the traditional games.

Want to use non-traditional starters: Play legends
Want to use traditional starters: Play the traditional games.
If you want to use non traditional starters, box your starter.

I think it will be the opposite, actually

Well, I could see the likes of the Magnemite and Porygon lines and Rotom not appearing, due to being based on modern tech, but otherwise I agree, Legends' Dex is probably going to be much larger than BDSP's. We can already see that Spheal appears to be in and that has never been in the Sinnoh Dex (and I doubt it's in BDSP's due to being faithful to the originals).

Well, I could see the likes of the Magnemite and Porygon lines and Rotom not appearing, due to being based on modern tech, but otherwise I agree, Legends' Dex is probably going to be much larger than BDSP's. We can already see that Spheal appears to be in and that has never been in the Sinnoh Dex (and I doubt it's in BDSP's due to being faithful to the originals).
I could see those getting regional (temporal/ancient?) variants, however likely that may be. Or maybe they can be found via wormholes or something. But yeah I agree.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom