• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl?

Which version will you get?

• Total voters
I still don't know, and it is too early to tell, but probably Shining Pearl, since I already have Diamond, and I would like to use Palkia.

EDIT: Regardless of the version, I hope they include the Distortion World from Platinum so I can use Giratina as well.

Last edited:
Both as per usual, but since I have multiple other games I'm getting this year as well I'll be getting one while the other I'll get sometime next year. The one I'll get first is Brilliant Diamond since I prefer Dialga over Palkia.

Still torn. I’ve always been able to get both (even with LGPE - although I originally only intended to get Pikachu, after my wife got her Switch I decided to go ahead and pick up Eevee for her since it was running for $40 on Amazon, and I knew she’d prefer having LGE’s greater range of clothing options), but I just don’t see the point here, especially since I’ll also be wanting New Snap and Legends Arceus, which adds up in cost. My wife’s not interested in these, and so won’t want a copy of her own. Meanwhile, I’ve always been more of a Palkia fan, and I feel like if I’d been involved with the series at the time of the originals, I would have chosen Pearl. But Diamond has more of the exclusives that I like, and assuming those stay consistent with the remakes, I could be tempted to get Brilliant Diamond instead. And the blue looks nicer than the pink, I feel.

I'll probably get both as per usual, but Brilliant Diamond will be my main (and most likely first) version, as it has Mons like Skuntank and Honchkrow in it. Plus, when I first picked up Gen 4, Diamond was my first game, which got me back into the series after my forced hiatus during Gen 3, so it does hold a small place in my heart. Plus, I like Dialga better than Palkia. Like with Sw/Sh, I can only afford one right off the bat, so I'll get Brilliant Diamond first, and get Shining Pearl later on with my Christmas money. Especially since I have to think about Legends when it comes out, too. So, Brilliant Diamond it is.

Pearl is the version my friend and I both played back in the day, so Palkia is the more nostalgic of the two legendaries for me, and I like its design more than Dialga's.

That being said, as someone who is fascinated by the idea of time travel and time in general, I kind of like Dialga more from a thematic point of view. Brilliant Diamond has a cooler title and logo as well.

Part of me wants to shake things up a bit and get Brilliant Diamond, but I'll probably end up getting Shining Pearl. I think I'd miss Palkia if I didn't.

Last edited:
I may get both eventually, but Brilliant Diamond will be the version I get upon release. It was Diamond that I got back at the time, and I decided I'll just get the remade version again.

possibly Pearl if same excluves - for Glameow/Purrbeauty

hope it isn't painfully slow game like the originals
i never finished my copy of Pearl

Brilliant Diamond. I lost my original Diamond copy years ago but still have Pearl and Platinum.

Still not completely sure I'm gonna get one at all, but Pearl was the very first Pokemon game I bought myself, so I'd get Shining Pearl if I go for one of these. Man, I remember when the originals were new... My brother and I did the special pre-order deal for both games and got the fancy Dialga and Palkia styli with the stand that had the starters on it. So cute. I wish they still did stuff like that.

I'm gonna wait for reviews, but If I do get them, its going to be Shining Pearl. Pearl was my very first Pokemon game, and the fact that Misdreavus and Glameow lines are Pearl only, which are some of my favorites.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom