• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Galarian Star Tournament in the Anime?

Will Pokémon Anime features Galarian Star Tournament?

• Total voters
Reaction score
You might have seen Lucario-Cinderace merch altogether. Do you feel Ash and Goh will work together for Galarian Star Tournament and whether Pokémon Anime will feature this tourney?
And also in One, Two, Three Version 2 we have seen Leon and Raihan appearing together. Is this a hint for the begining for a great 2 on 2 battle tournament?
If not what might be the solution for the merchandise riddle?

I don't know if a tournament is the best idea since Goh wouldn't do well and Ash would get more of the wins anyway. If Ash is going to be the focal point then he might as well just continue doing the PWT stuff without extra tournaments added in.

The GST is basically just the Galarian League in a tag-battle format, I can't imagine Gou would ever get a chance to participate. That said, I would like to see a tag battle with Ash and Gou, maybe bring back the Hearthome Tag Battle Tournament. Obviously Ash would take the lead, but this would be a good learning experience for Gou. I'm all for Gou getting more into battling, mostly because I want to see more of his Pokemon in action. Heck, I also want to see more double battles in general.

I had to look it up (I haven't been following the games closely) but I'm all for it. It'd make Go question his "I have no intention of helping Satoshi reach his dream" nonsense, and tag battles are something the anime doesn't do often enough.

Man, there could be soo many possibilities with this:
-Ash and Goh vs Melody and Gordie
-Ash and Goh vs Raihan
-Tate and Liza comeback?

Either way, I think we'll see some kind of "Galar League" before the Master Class tournament proper.

The opening implies that Lucario and Cinderace will battle Eternatus, and it's hardly uncommon for Pokemon to be advertised together just because they complement each other pretty well. This tournament would clash too much with the PWC, but maybe.

Yes! All we need is Fujisaku writing this episode and we might even get the return of Thunder Armour! :bulbaWave:
Trying to recreate lightning in a bottle seldom works out. There have been numerous attempts to make spiritual successors to classic games or films and they're basically never as good as the classic.

Thunder Armour was the single greatest scene in the history of fiction; it will never be recreated or equaled, and we all need to make peace with that.

Edit:
So tired I forgot to reply to the main topic. :oops:

The Star Tournament could be interesting and could be a way to show the Galar Gym Leaders off. I'd also be surprised if we never get an Ash+Gou tag battle.

Last edited:
If it means a lot of Galar gym leaders showing up to battle then sure okay I'm on board. But if it's going to just be a bunch of anime exclusive characters and maybe just 1 ingame character, then no don't bother.

The anime can barely handle depicting the Pokemon World Tournament even partially, I think the Galarian Star Tournament would probably only be possible in the anime as a single episode clip show with maybe 3 minutes tops of actually choreographed fight scenes.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom