• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Relax. I've come to the conclusion that half of the fanbase deserves these games, they just deserve them. Gen 5 remakes will be a thing at some moment in the future, and these games will look underwhelming with the same old excuses , then the Masuda soldiers will show up and say "graphics don't matter", "Masuda and company will be back for many years, and I feel fortunate with him leading this franchise" and I "Do you dislike it? Then don't buy it!". Just move on Lanstar.

^ In case anyone was wondering who was calling people sheep for liking the games.

I just said it was a joke. Literally the first sentence of my post is a disclaimer that it was a joke. Knew I should have linked to Humor Mode.

Humor is in the eye of the beholder. That 'essay definition' you gave has real serious merit: People who teach in advanced writing try making it so people write less - but no less than needed. It's a stop gap on people who tend write up huge walls of unformatted text with fancy nonsense wording and jargon - A real problem in college level writing. The "I like it." being an essay misses the whole point of why that definition was created in the first place! :X3:

At least give a true analysis of why you like the graphics, rather than just saying, "I like it." Even though I'm not thrilled about the graphics, I thought my reasons of why were pretty thorough and reasonable:

Links to my reasons:
(Part 1)
(Part 2)
It's not that I like the graphics. I don't mind them at all. The problem when people tell others to not get something because they (personally) don't like it. I did that with ORAS back in the day since I acted like I cared about the Battle Frontier, when in fact I was just bandwagoning.

...In short. I hate that mob mentality that some people have...

Humor is in the eye of the beholder. That 'essay definition' you gave has real serious merit: People who teach in advanced writing try making it so people write less - but no less than needed. It's a stop gap on people who tend write up huge walls of unformatted text with fancy nonsense wording and jargon - A real problem in college level writing. The "I like it" misses the whole point of why that definition was created in the first place! :X3:
Yeah, I know that. Otherwise I would actually be serious.

Yes, humor is in the eye of the beholder but its still a joke. Not just a joke, a joke that was specifically defined as a joke before it was made. If I hadn't said it was a joke I could understand you taking it seriously due to missing it, but I did say it was a joke therefor there's no reason to take it seriously or give me a short lecture on things I already know.

I mean, I even brought up the fact that some smartass kid might try to use that (unsuccessfully) as an excuse not to write much indicating that I didn't actually think "I like it" counted as an essay.

I'm genuinely still pissed about about no Battle Frontier on ORAS. I wasn't following a bandwagon, just raw disappointment. lol
Okay and here's a new topic. What is something they got in OR/AS Battle Maison that was not in R/S/E and Emerald's Battle Frontier? Triple battles.

Then they got rid of triple battles in Gen 7, as well as Sworld/Shield.

Does anyone hope for return of triple battles?

I know the Battle Frontier in Platinum had a lot of weird things, like where the cpu randomly picks any of your attacks (for both sides) the entire run, so, but if they bring back triple battles, I wouldn't care about not having Platinum's battle frontier. The stuff I will miss is the rooms and music.

It's not that I like the graphics. I don't mind them at all. The problem when people tell others to not get something because they (personally) don't like it. I did that with ORAS back in the day since I acted like I cared about the Battle Frontier, when in fact I was just bandwagoning.

...In short. I hate that mob mentality that some people have...

That be the cursed, "I don't like it, so you shouldn't either" syndrome. I totally understand your point, considering how I have to live with still enjoying the latest Animal Crossing Game - And in the face tons of people in that community that are mad about it missing features from all the past games. -_-

I'm not calling people "sheep". You've the right to buy and play these games. You deserve these remakes, the graphics, the chibi thing. Take them, not being sarcastic here. You won this time.

You kinda are, though.

Describing the people who disagree with you as "soldiers" is pretty telling in itself - you see hostility in the people who have a different opinion, and that kind of language also implies that the people arguing against you can't think for themselves and are just taking "marching orders."

Especially when someone's opinion of the games might have nothing to do with Masuda (I mean, from everything I've seen I think he's a decent enough dude, but that's not really relevant to how I feel about BDSP) - so why are you projecting your grievances against him onto other people?

And then you weaponize your assessment of the games into a moral judgment - it's clear you dislike the games and think they are low in quality, and so to say that people who like them "deserve" them is essentially saying they deserve what you perceive to be, to put it bluntly, shit.

If that's not what you're trying to say, then you should probably review and reconsider the language you're using to express your thoughts.

Okay and here's a new topic. What is something they got in OR/AS Battle Maison that was not in R/S/E and Emerald's Battle Frontier? Triple battles.

Then they got rid of triple battles in Gen 7, as well as Sworld/Shield.

Does anyone hope for return of triple battles?

I know the Battle Frontier in Platinum had a lot of weird things, like where the cpu randomly picks any of your attacks (for both sides) the entire run, so, but if they bring back triple battles, I wouldn't care about not having Platinum's battle frontier. The stuff I will miss is the rooms and music.
I... don't care for Sinnoh Battle Frontier that much either. In fact i considered it a big disappointment after spending literally more time in the Emerald Battle Frontier than the rest of the entire game.

Enjoying the Emerald Battle Frontier so much is why i got pissed with it not being in ORAS, just the possibilities of updated teams and just more stuff to do. Of course the damn tease they decided to put in the game just made it worse. ORAS just feels incomplete, like it's missing something vital.

I would prefer if the Sinnoh Battle Frontier was in this remake since even if i don't care much for something, i still prefer if it's in the game than not being. You know, increasing the value of the overall package.

I do like Triple Battles though and i was upset when they were gutted from Gen 7 for no reason. Same for rotation battles.

Last edited:
You kinda are, though.

Describing the people who disagree with you as "soldiers" is pretty telling in itself - you see hostility in the people who have a different opinion, and that kind of language also implies that the people arguing against you can't think for themselves and are just taking "marching orders."

Especially when someone's opinion of the games might have nothing to do with Masuda (I mean, from everything I've seen I think he's a decent enough dude, but that's not really relevant to how I feel about BDSP) - so why are you projecting your grievances against him onto other people?

And then you weaponize your assessment of the games into a moral judgment - it's clear you dislike the games and think they are low in quality, and so to say that people who like them "deserve" them is essentially saying they deserve what you perceive to be, to put it bluntly, shit.

If that's not what you're trying to say, then you should probably review and reconsider the language you're using to express your thoughts.

They look like soldiers (minions would fit better) when they show up with their arguments. You went too far with your conclusions, I'm not seeing hostility here. "Taking marching orders" hahahahaha Dude, chill out. Again, you won it. You love these remakes, the chibi style, and I dislike it. Next time they may go with my favourite art style and graphic, so things can change in my favor. Enjoy your remakes and move on Esserise.

Last edited:
Wait, I thought people loved New Horizons?

For many hardcore fans, Animal Crossing is a gigantic feature vortex, due to it being played in real time every day. Many of them have so fond a memory of the characters, features, dialogue, and furniture of the past games that each time they mention a forgotten or regressed feature, somewhere a Tarantula brutally attacks a villager. Lots of QoL issues exist, too, and people legitimately complain about them not being patched since the game came out. The Bell Tree Forums deals with it quite a lot, as well as Gaming discussion threads on reddit. Not so much /r/animalcrossing, as the awesome screenshots and videos tend to overshadow such discussions.

Fortunately, the rage has calmed down a bit, due to the almighty Warp Pipe system introduced, as well as the Sanrio furniture coming out.

So... the only reason New Horizons got popular is because people had nothing to do during the pandemic and now people feel okay criticizing it because things are starting to open up again.

So... the only reason New Horizons got popular is because people had nothing to do during the pandemic and now people feel okay criticizing it because things are starting to open up again.

There was always a decent sized amount of people criticizing it from the beginning.

Personally, I enjoyed the game a lot in the beginning and still think it is a great Animal Crossing game that brought a lot to the series with the outdoor furniture feature and the town sculpting feature. TBH, the game lasted longer for me than NL. The problem is I've gotten disappointed as each new update rolls by and they're just holiday updates.

The removal of furniture is just saddening. Especially because a number of the furniture removed was actually furniture that works great outdoors. It just...doesn't make sense to me.

Even still, I will say the game is a great game, but I will also say it has the potential to be a lot better.

Pretty much, but the way it's looking people will calm down again once Brewster and the coffee mechanic returns as well as a lot of the old items.

They look like soldiers (minions would fit better) when they show up with their arguments. You went too far with your conclusions, I'm not seeing hostility here. "Taking marching orders" hahahahaha Dude, chill out. Again, you won it. You love these remakes, the chibi style, and I dislike it. Next time they may go with my favourite art style and graphic, so things can change in my favor. Enjoy your remakes and move on Esserise.

"Minions" isn't much better. Maybe you could try not call them names at all?

At any rate, we're not battling here; there's nothing to "win." Furthermore, I don't "love these remakes" - they've only just been announced, and I've seen 30 seconds of gameplay footage. As far as my opinion on them goes, I've said multiple times that I expect them to be little more than a serviceable bit of enjoyment. My take on the style of them is pretty neutral. I haven't "won" anything, nor have I been trying to, and my position isn't the polar opposite of yours that you're characterizing it as.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom