• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN058: Panic! Gokulin Ball!! / Come on, Kamukame - The Turtle Race!

Lame. I was hoping that the Rocket Prize Master would get destroyed by the Gulpin, and Team Rocket would catch Chewtle for themselves.
The machine isn't going anywhere before Journeys is over, and Chewtle has already been caught. Besides, this was a filler episode with no plot connecting to the other episodes.

Ok, in particular the Turtle Race (though the Gulpin one was also an improvement) was a big time improvement over 41. Many still won't like these, and I get that, but the Turtle Race was great. Also, props to Koharu's expression game, and poor Pelipper.

This was an improvement over the previous two-parter. Nothing spectacular, but nothing cringy or overly boring either. A decent filler.

Also, the first episode without any of Goh's Pokémon appearing since Scorbunny's debut.

I agree Deko Akao loves making Ash OOC. Anyways he was OOC because he was childish.
How dare a 10-year old child act like a 10-year old child

Because he is a child

That is 10 years old

Which is the age of a child

Am I getting my point about children acting childish through to you?

The only positive aspect of this 2-in-1 episode was that it can be called an improvement compared to the previous one (which was just forgettable). I think the reason why this two-parter was "better" is because there actually wasn't a any logical break between the two parts and thus, they almost felt like one consistent plot.
But that was basically it for the positive part.

Now for the negative aspects. I've never liked that new 2-in-1- concept and I won't like it now because, let's be honest, it's just a waste of time. The plot was rather boring and pointless and wasn't even funny apart from a few minor exceptions.
What's worst about this episode though is it all felt like a huge exaggeration. I hate when this happens because it make our great show childish, implausible and not a pleasure to watch. A few examples of those exaggerated elements I was talking about:
- Ash and Go being locked in a constantly rotating ball without even getting dizzy
- The ball "jumping" around on skyscrapers and growing bigger while "soaking in" even a Snorlax that is definitely heavier than those few Gulpin.
- Ash beeing OOC and back to his old rather childish character
- That "competition" between Chewtle and Turtwig being called a "race"... Excuse me, if anything it was a stroll at best.
- Meowth dramatizing that so-called "race" as if it was a fight for life and death

Sorry, the whole thing was full of contradictions and exaggerations and I couldn't enjoy this much.

Because he is a child
Speaking of contradictions: We all know Ash shouldn't be 10 anymore but by now, he should be around 30. So, after more than 20 years, you could expect him to no longer act like a child, right ?
(And by the way, he's already proven he can indeed be extremely mature )

Please writers, no more of those awful 2-in-1 episodes... I'm afraid I can't end my review on a more postive note.

Last edited:
So Jessie and James can admit their feelings if they're drunk.

Jessie... (If she was really dreaming about James and not of a crush (Steven Stone?) Lol it’s very possible she was dreaming about James after all. IDK about him, but I’m 100% sure Jessie is the most horny of the two XP

Last edited:

Because he is a child

That is 10 years old

I think the point is this 10 year old hasn’t acted so childish for the last 15 years, arguably - I personally don’t have a problem with Ash having fun, but don’t make out like this is completely consistent (which was the complaint)

Because he is a child

That is 10 years old

He acts like Bonnie

Anyways here is my double... REWIEW!!!!
Part 1: Gulpin's BS
:bulbaWave: Good Stuff
+ Satogou moments
:bulbaFacepalm:Bad Stuff
-
Gulpin
- OOC Ash
- Chloe wasted
- Not funny
First part gets a 2/10
Part 2: Chewtle Returns
:bulbaWave:Good Stuff
+
Chewtle
+ Meowth
+ Wobbufett
:bulbaFacepalm:Bad Stuff
-
Chewtle returns to the Stupid Gatcha
- Forced Dramatic
Second Part gets a 6/10
Overall: 4/10 at least its better than Marshtomp XD

It's also extremely obvious.

The Katamari Damacy part was the better of the two. The Rocket trio's Bestiary being great and the Turtle Hermit in the second part were fine, I guess, but the overall absurdity of the first part was far more entertaining in my book.

What is Satogou.....?

We had Satoshi and Gou performing a 'high-five'.....
Trying to made them look more Co-Protagonists by imitating DP?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom