• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

I'm pretty sure "being conservative" isn't what they thought while designing these games. And remakes were originally made to give players access to Pokémon that had become unavailable due to the transition to the GBA era. They no longer serve that purpose. These remakes were made because there are a lot of Sinnoh fans who've seen the previous three sets of remakes and expressed their hopes for Sinnoh being remade too.

I think Sword and Shield have sold enough many units to prove they're very successful games.

I don't like disappointment so I always keep my expectations low, especially that the impression given by the trailer wasn't good. It looked like a glorified port and that the only reason these games exist is because the dual screen prevents them from.portung the originals.

Have you considered that maybe people do actually like the games?
Yes, that's quite ovbious. The thing is there's a huge amount of fans disappointed with these remakes. I know they will never please every single fan, but if they had put more effort into makings the graphics more Legends/BOTW alike, more open world like, I'm sure there woud be way less disappointed fans. Would the chibi style fans buy the Sinnoh remakes had they went with the Legends/BOTW style? I do think so. I haven't yet seen a single pokemon fan mad at Legends because of the graphics, and BOTW... well, I don't need to explain it (it won three awards, including the game of year award in 2017). I'm sure there's a lot of people loving these remakes, and I'm happy for them, but I think they could've pleased a bigger number of fans, and it wasn't a dificult task for them.

Last edited:
I don't like disappointment so I always keep my expectations low, especially that the impression given by the trailer wasn't good. It looked like a glorified port and that the only reason these games exist is because the dual screen prevents them from.portung the originals.
They exist because of the fan demand. GF just gave the job of making these games to another company in order to better focus on Legends.

I don't hate modern Pokemon games and want to buy BDSP (yes, both).

I am a fragile brainwashed mareep with no independence or ability to form opinions of my own.

I must pray every night to the framed picture of Masuda I keep at my bedside, because he is my one and only lord and savior.

It is my dream to fly to Japan, all the way to GameFreak headquarters, just so I can line their hallways with my money.

It's not like I have my own standards for what I think an acceptable game is, or anything.

:wynaut:

Yes, that's quite ovbious. The thing is there's a huge amount of fans disappointed with these remakes. I know they will never please every single fan, but if they had put more effort into makings the graphics more Legends/BOTW alike, more open world like, I'm sure there woud be way less disappointed fans. Would the chibi style fans buy the Sinnoh remakes had they went with the Legends/BOTW style? I do think so. I haven't yet seen a single pokemon fan mad at Legends because of the graphics, and BOTW... well, I don't need to explain it (it won three awards, including the game of year award in 2017). I'm sure there's a lot of people loving these remakes, and I'm happy for them, but I think they could've pleased a bigger number of fans, and it wasn't a dificult task for them.
Erm... considering Legends is where exactly I didn't want them to go, I don't think I could use it as a good comparison... Graphics-wise, yes, it's better. But the rest? I'll pass.

I don't hate modern Pokemon games and want to buy BDSP (yes, both).

I am a fragile brainwashed mareep with no independence or ability to form opinions of my own.

I must pray every night to the framed picture of Masuda I keep at my bedside, because he is my one and only lord and savior.

It is my dream to fly to Japan, all the way to GameFreak headquarters, just so I can line their hallways with my money.

It's not like I have my own standards for what I think an acceptable game is, or anything.

:wynaut:
This is exactly how I feel some people see others like me.

Have you considered that maybe people do actually like the games?
I still like the games despite being somewhat critical of them. The franchise isn't doomed; it's just that it was in a bit of slump due to a combination of Dexit, development troubles, and bad PR in general. If Legends: Arceus is any indication, Game Freak seems to be (slowly) getting back on track.
It was his ideology for one aspect of one game. People saw that Battle Frontier interview and now they blame him for everything. It’s silly.
I don't blame him for feeling this way, just that it alienates a good portion of people that like post-game content. Also, the Defeatist ability thing was a joke.

I still like the games despite being somewhat critical of them. The franchise isn't doomed; it's just that it was in a bit of slump due to a combination of Dexit, development troubles, and bad PR in general. If Legends: Arceus is any indication, Game Freak seems to be (slowly) getting back on track.

I don't blame him for feeling this way, just that it alienates a good portion of people that like post-game content. Also, the Defeatist ability thing was a joke.
Are you talking about Archeops?

GF said they got greedy with content in HGSS.
Source, please?
The franchise isn't doomed; it's just that it was in a bit of slump due to a combination of Dexit, development troubles, and bad PR in general.
And yet, the sales numbers are the highest they've been in 20 years.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom