• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Call me when they make an actual game and not some trailer any shmuck on the internet can make.
This.

Don’t get me wrong, the artist did a good job but there is a huge difference between a trailer and an entire game. Plus I just know that if this was an actual trailer from GF people would still be complaining. There’s parts of it that are just graphically poor. And I’m talking graphic quality; not style.

This.

Don’t get me wrong, the artist did a good job but there is a huge difference between a trailer and an entire game. Plus I just know that if this was an actual trailer from GF people would still be complaining. There’s parts of it that are just graphically poor. And I’m talking graphic quality; not style.
Even if the Diamond and Pearl remakes were made in the style of Sword and Shield, there would still be people complaining.

I wonder if special NPCs (rival/gym leaders/league) will get their special intros for battle. Platinum brought in moving sprites (such as Volkner standing up to get ready for battle, or Byron casually holding up his shovel to his shoulder), which gave the characters personality. Barry also had movements showing his impatience/excitement as the battle starts, but the trailer makes him seem calmer than I imagined him to be.

It's odd, but despite wondering what new features we might see I think if this had all of Platinum's features+modern quality of life improvements that would be about enough for me to pick it up.

I've wondered about that as well; even the official pol suggests Legends has way more excitement behind it, so most people with a more limited game budget (or who just don't want to get too many games in the same series close together) will probably get it instead.

They can probably look at features the fans keep requesting, like new Megas.

I've wondered about that as well; even the official pol suggests Legends has way more excitement behind it, so most people with a more limited game budget (or who just don't want to get too many games in the same series close together) will probably get it instead.
Not to mention that the promotion cycles are already overlapping. Kids who will have their parents buy BSDP may not be allowed to get Legends at launch, but that should be okay as long as TPCi promote it throughout 2022 (maybe via DLC). Patient kids may prefer to wait for Legends if the remakes don't impress them.

Is it just me, or does this Camper look like he's got a milk moustache?

Screenshot (51).png

The full-size battle models of the human characters are the only thing I don't like. I really hope ILCA touches them up (and models can be improved during pre-release, like we saw with Leon - Game Freak made his hair spikier).

Last edited:
They also say don't judge a book by its cover. I've always wondered why both of those statements were considered equally valid by society despite being overtly conflicting.
Because even though we know not to judge something by the cover, people can't help but do that. Hence first impressions will always be important. Now whether we make up our minds completely based solely on that impression or not, that's up to the individual.

Call me when they make an actual game and not some trailer any shmuck on the internet can make.

You shouldn't knock on someone who went out of his way to create an image of a game that a lot of people want from Gamefreak.

Last edited:
I'm not. I'm just miffed that people are acting it's some gift from God when it's not a functioning game. We get fan-made trailers like this pretty often and while this one is well-made, it's not really that special. People are hailing it as such because they're mad about the actual games.

The Dialga/Palkia scene in the "trailer" makes it hard to say it's all that great. I get people wanted a SwSh-style Sinnoh, but it'd be a reimagining instead of a remake if they changed the overworld gameplay too much like in this "trailer".

The Dialga/Palkia scene in the "trailer" makes it hard to say it's all that great. I get people wanted a SwSh-style Sinnoh, but it'd be a reimagining instead of a remake if they changed the overworld gameplay too much like in this "trailer".
Technically it wouldn't. A reimagining is something like LGPE.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom