• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Pixar Movies Tier List

PageEmperor

Reaction score
So a year ago I made a tier list that was, well, what the title says. I’m really proud of it, especially since it took me a long long time to plan out, but barely anyone reacted to it when I posted it. So now I will post it on several more places, just to see what you guys think! So remember to follow forum rules, and enjoy the list!

pixar_movies_tier_list_by_pageemperor_dds8cim-pre.jpg

The whole tier list craze is something I've been wanting to get into for a long time, so here we are! I felt what better way to start other than my favourite animation studio ever! And probably the only one I will be paying attention to in the long run because I've been greatly losing interest in animated movies as of late. (and I was considered by everyone around me to be the only one from my family still into these kinds of movies...)

So here we go, asides from the 3 mentioned movies I never saw, a ranking of every movie from this amazing company! Please don't be disappointed if one of your favourites are ranked lower than expected, I actually like them all except for the ones I ranked meh and dislike. So as for explanations:

Amazing tier: I don't have a particular favourite, so here are the ones I highly regard! I greatly enjoyed going through all of them.

Great tier: To be honest, all of these ones were pretty close to making it to amazing but I felt that this ranking would be better. I still like them!

Good tier: Still very good! Just not to the point I'd rank it at the higher tiers, but still good enough to be here!

Meh: Yeah, just meh. Not as horrible as everyone says but I felt it just was lacking something. Funnily enough I remember really thinking it was bad when I saw it as a kid but now I just think of it as... eh.

Dislike: Now, don't leech me for this, please! Why I didn't really like it, I just thought it wasn't funny, like at all. I mean a reason to why I watch things from this company is to enjoy the great balance writing, plot, and humor, and this one... greatly lacked the last part. It felt like it was trying way too hard to be sad, and forgot to be funny. The worst part is that it seemed like there was some attempted humor, but it just left me either bored or horrified. I was constantly like "Where's the joke?" or "Come on, do something interesting already!" or "END THE FUCKING GOD DAMN MOVIE ALREADY!" Which is a rare sight for me to say in any form of entertainment let alone something from my favourite animation studio. Well as for positives, it succeeds at being melancholic, I like the octopus character (even if he was the only new character from that movie that I liked) and it's a good time waster for you to spend with your friends if you want something sad to watch. But in my personal opinion I just found it to be a slog to get through.

It's a shame, since it's prequel is (or so I was told) the first thing I saw in the cinema and I kinda have a soft spot for it because of that, and the fact it was also really good as a movie itself, hence me ranking it under amazing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I tried to like FD, but it just... wasn't my thing. Thankfully, 2 years later, Incr2 came out which was a sequel I wanted to watch, and I went out of my way to see it, and it was definitely outstanding! And I do mean very very very good, possibly as much as the first one. It actually did have a balance of everything I like about this animation studio! Definitely my favourite non-TS sequel.

So there's that! Again, I apologise if you Don't agree to any of these, it's just really my opinion, and I do think all of the ones I saw save the 2 I mentioned not liking are all very good movies.

So a year ago I made a tier list that was, well, what the title says. I’m really proud of it, especially since it took me a long long time to plan out, but barely anyone reacted to it when I posted it. So now I will post it on several more places, just to see what you guys think! So remember to follow forum rules, and enjoy the list!

pixar_movies_tier_list_by_pageemperor_dds8cim-pre.jpg

The whole tier list craze is something I've been wanting to get into for a long time, so here we are! I felt what better way to start other than my favourite animation studio ever! And probably the only one I will be paying attention to in the long run because I've been greatly losing interest in animated movies as of late. (and I was considered by everyone around me to be the only one from my family still into these kinds of movies...)

So here we go, asides from the 3 mentioned movies I never saw, a ranking of every movie from this amazing company! Please don't be disappointed if one of your favourites are ranked lower than expected, I actually like them all except for the ones I ranked meh and dislike. So as for explanations:

Amazing tier: I don't have a particular favourite, so here are the ones I highly regard! I greatly enjoyed going through all of them.

Great tier: To be honest, all of these ones were pretty close to making it to amazing but I felt that this ranking would be better. I still like them!

Good tier: Still very good! Just not to the point I'd rank it at the higher tiers, but still good enough to be here!

Meh: Yeah, just meh. Not as horrible as everyone says but I felt it just was lacking something. Funnily enough I remember really thinking it was bad when I saw it as a kid but now I just think of it as... eh.

Dislike: Now, don't leech me for this, please! Why I didn't really like it, I just thought it wasn't funny, like at all. I mean a reason to why I watch things from this company is to enjoy the great balance writing, plot, and humor, and this one... greatly lacked the last part. It felt like it was trying way too hard to be sad, and forgot to be funny. The worst part is that it seemed like there was some attempted humor, but it just left me either bored or horrified. I was constantly like "Where's the joke?" or "Come on, do something interesting already!" or "END THE FUCKING GOD DAMN MOVIE ALREADY!" Which is a rare sight for me to say in any form of entertainment let alone something from my favourite animation studio. Well as for positives, it succeeds at being melancholic, I like the octopus character (even if he was the only new character from that movie that I liked) and it's a good time waster for you to spend with your friends if you want something sad to watch. But in my personal opinion I just found it to be a slog to get through.

It's a shame, since it's prequel is (or so I was told) the first thing I saw in the cinema and I kinda have a soft spot for it because of that, and the fact it was also really good as a movie itself, hence me ranking it under amazing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I tried to like FD, but it just... wasn't my thing. Thankfully, 2 years later, Incr2 came out which was a sequel I wanted to watch, and I went out of my way to see it, and it was definitely outstanding! And I do mean very very very good, possibly as much as the first one. It actually did have a balance of everything I like about this animation studio! Definitely my favourite non-TS sequel.

So there's that! Again, I apologise if you Don't agree to any of these, it's just really my opinion, and I do think all of the ones I saw save the 2 I mentioned not liking are all very good movies.
Good choices. Aside from the Cars 2 at the meh spot :sneaky:

Here's mine for both Disney AND Pixar. (Note: This was before Pixar's Soul, which I would put in my Godlike Tier, and Disney's Raya and The Last Dragon, which is current in the "Who Knows?" Tier, for movies I haven't seen, or have only seen bits and pieces of)

Attachments

• my-image.png
    my-image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 6,107
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom