• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll probably be battling Leon by August lol

What is the rush anyway? Still have one year left. Unless the Master 8 and hyper class are really hardcore difficult?

Perhaps Legends: Arceus will have more of an effect on the animé than we realized and it will last longer than a simple three or four episode arc.

Perhaps Legends: Arceus will have more of an effect on the animé than we realized and it will last longer than a simple three or four episode arc.
I can't see how that could happen considering it's a game set in the distant past. It might get some soft references but I imagine BDSP will be a more likely candidate for inspiration.

DRAGONITE VS DRAGONITE CONFIRMED!!! View attachment 142347
This image is sending me cuz it literally looks like this:

IMG_20210406_072230.jpg

So this is for Hyper class? Even if Iris wins I can't see that meaning Ash is too far from Hyper (maybe loses here the beats Gary later).

Seems fast but, then again, I'm not sure how many people with Ash's somehow-all-in-less-than-one-year record there could be in the first two ranks.
I doubt he'll get to Hyper Class after this. Ash wins should start to have diminishing returns the further he goes up in ranking (with his loses becoming more punishing as well), at least that's how any other MMR based system works as far as I understand, and while this isn't the real deal, I hope they take that into consideration. He might get close if he wins, but I think a more likely scenario is for him to get 1 win away from ranking up.

I don't have anything to say that I didn't already in the previous thread, other than I continue to hope this isn't a one and done appearance by Iris. Considering Iris has a dream, it would be interesting to have her meet Chloe (who is at a crossroads) and have them interact a bit.
Yes, please. Out of all the characters, if there's one I really want to see interact with older companions it's her.

I doubt he'll get to Hyper Class after this. Ash wins should start to have diminishing returns the further he goes up in ranking (with his loses becoming more punishing as well), at least that's how any other MMR based system works as far as I understand, and while this isn't the real deal, I hope they take that into consideration. He might get close if he wins, but I think a more likely scenario is for him to get 1 win away from ranking up.
"Wielding the powers she and her Partner Pokémon have now gathered, Iris challenges her former travel companion Satoshi to a no-holds-barred battle! The episode then shows us what happens in this battle, which has advancement to the Hyper Class on the line."

"Wielding the powers she and her Partner Pokémon have now gathered, Iris challenges her former travel companion Satoshi to a no-holds-barred battle! The episode then shows us what happens in this battle, which has advancement to the Hyper Class on the line."
Oof, guess I missed that part.

I doubt he'll get to Hyper Class after this

I am not sure about that. They can have him beat Iris and then lose to Gary, which could highlight the gap between the two tiers.

Edit: Nevermind

So this is for Hyper class? Even if Iris wins I can't see that meaning Ash is too far from Hyper (maybe loses here the beats Gary later).

Seems fast but, then again, I'm not sure how many people with Ash's somehow-all-in-less-than-one-year record there could be in the first two ranks.
It seems like whoever wins this one gets into the Hyper Class :unsure:

The same thing happened with Korrina, in that whoever won that match would rise to the Great Class.

edit: Oopsie I didn't read the whole thing before lol

At least we'll have Kairyuu, the only among Satoshi's party that's not a flat character.

If Uonoragon fights, then Satoshi is doomed to fall.

Reminder that Haxorus isn't wishful thinking and Ash didn't even battle Axew in BW, so why would it be a good choice now?

index.php

The writers could easily have the next 2.5 years be a mix of 8 Ultra Class battles (just like gyms), Go development (evolutions and notable captures like Flygon, Aerodactyl and Absol), various episodes about legendaries (not just arcs for the DLC and Legends), and for the most part, fillers. I don't see them spending more than 5 episodes in ancient Sinnoh (what would really be the point?), but obviously there will be more Sinnoh episodes in general (we've only had two).

They may have rushed through the Super Class, but it's justified because Ash's past experience already places him in the Hyper Class.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom