• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN062: Damp Jimereon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goh neglected it

Not really. Goh was pretty quick to give up on Scorbunny learning Ember and he did eventually lose his temper when it kept trying to use the move, but that wasn't really neglect. That was more of a case of Goh not being able to understand his Pokemon's feelings or connect with them. Personally, I was fine with how Raboot's issue was handled. It would have been more effective if the reason for its teenage rebellion was due to Goh yelling at it before evolving, but I think it still generally worked despite that. Since Goh is better at understand his Pokemon's feelings than when Scorbunny evolved, I think he'll be better able to handle Drizzle's disappointment over its evolution.

Drizzile! I think the premise of this episode is interesting since I don't recall us seeing a Pokémon intend to evolve into something, evolve into something else, and be disappointed with the result. It'll be a great message for growth and hopefully we will see Drizzile, and by extension Go, battle more to eventually become an Inteleon. Here's hoping it'll be as cool as Frogadier was before it.

I have to say, I wasn't the biggest fan of Drizzile's design initially, but it sure looks cute in the anime! I absolutely love how vibrant the colors are, and his facial expressions are just so sweet, even the sad ones!

This episode looks pretty promising. I'm excited to see where they go with this one!

That does make me wonder. Did Sobble not know about the middle evolution or was he hoping that he would just skip to Inteleon? If the latter, it could indeed have the potential message of not rushing things.

With the fansubs' translation of the title being different, I'm wondering which one is more accurate. The one currently in the thread or this one?
1618041504050.png

With the fansubs' translation of the title being different, I'm wondering which one is more accurate. The one currently in the thread or this one?
Neither is "wrong" per se. It's a pun that doesn't translate across into English well.

I believe the letters ‘r’ and ‘l’ are considered interchangeable in some words when translated from Japanese. I could be wrong, though.
That is true. Those two sounds are both combined into the one "r" sound in Japanese. It's why stuff like "Plusle" (purasuru) gets romanized into "Prasle". So technically both Jimereon and Jimeleon are accurate.

I’ve just realised that we never saw Sobble and Grookey interact.

Like as soon as Grookey arrived, Sobble just sort of vanished.

Reminds me of when people said that Sobble wasn't going to evolve because of the Current Opening lol

If this doesn't prove OP's can't be trusted idk what the does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom