• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The make your own thematic Pokémon team thread

Rocket Messiah

May his love free him from the path of hate.
Reaction score
Howdy

Well this is a thread I always wanted to do. In this I would like for all of you to give ideas for a Pokemon themed team. What is a Pokemon themed team? I'ts a group of Pokemon that may have something in common or can fit in some spectrums.

For example if we make a meteorological themed team we can have:

Lunatone (Moon), Solrock (Sun), Altaria (Cloud), Umbreon (Night),Espeon (Day), Starmie (Stars)

We can also make teams from people. For example if The Undertaker had a Pokemon Team for me it would be:

undertaker_crop1588776270097.jpeg_423682103.jpeg

Honchcrow, Marshadow/Darkray,Cofragius,Toxicroak,Houndoom,Electrivire

As you can see the possiblities are endless.

So what is your themed Pokemon Team?

These threads are always fun but they unfortunately generally die out quick, so it's nice to see a thread like this brought back (didn't even know this one in particular was made lol).

Anyway this time I'll do a team for Tatsuya Yoigoshi, a former nationally recognized soccer player that starting hating sports, turned popular streamer, turned sports player again in kabaddi this time:
Yoigoshi-Tatsuya-full-3092240.png

A team I personally think fits him:
Cinderace
Lucario
Mienshao
Throh
Perrserker
Grapploct

If Bowser had a Pokemon team he would have:

Blastoise
Carracosta
Turtonator
Carnivine
Parasect (or whichever mushroom Pokemon would fit the role of a Goomba)
Excadrill

If he had extras, he would have:

Eternatus
Electrode
Haunter
Torkoal

Last edited:
A team for Gong Won-Ho/Ethan Gong/Hardcore Leveler, the title character of Hardcore Leveling Warrior that is considered a legendary player and former no.1 ranker:
Real world Gong Won-Ho
Ethan-Gong.png

Hardcore Leveler in Lucid Adventure
f-Ba-Onb-Cun-P3-LVVFen2-Kg2-WNq51-Vqjn4-G8at-EB1f5cp-U.jpg

His team:
Persian
Incineroar
Houndoom
Primeape
Scizor
Zeraora

Satsuki Momoi, the former manager of Teiko Junior High boys basketball club and current manager of Too Gakuen boys basketball club. A kind and friendly girl who's in love with Tetsuya Kuroko and a childhood friend of Daiki Aomine. She is also able to analyze basketball players and read their pattern and ability, foreseeing what they're going to do (though unable to do this on two players):
111111111.jpg

Her team:
Sylveon
Luvdisc
Alomomola
Medicham
Swoobat
Gardevoir

I remember going through a phase of making teams for specific personifications of countries/civilizations (not Hetalia related). Some of them are incomplete.
The Roman Empire
sh018.gif
pk199.gif
pk612.gif
pk623.gif
pk745.gif
pk870.gif

France
pk186.gif
pk257.gif
pk407.gif
pk589.gif
pk683.gif
pk676debutante.gif

The US
pk080g.gif
pk248.gif
pk463.gif
pk628.gif
pk685.gif
pk842.gif
(
pk746s.gif
alternative for Lickylicky)

The UK
pk321.gif
pk823.gif
pk835.gif
pk855.gif
pk110g.gif

Canada
pk215.gif
pk400.gif
pk497.gif
pk586a.gif

China
pk059.gif
sh130.gif
pk148.gif
pk675.gif

Last edited:
Natsuno Yuuki/Koide, a former human turned werewolf (though they kind of evoke a "Our Werewolves Are Different" trope), which in this series are a subspecies of "shiki". A calm and quiet boy who later becomes even more quiet and solitary after he was bitten by his close, and only, friend:
11111111111111.jpg

His team:
Umbreon
Zoroark
Houndoom
Mightyena
Absol
Lycanroc Midnight form

I remember going through a phase of making teams for specific personifications of countries/civilizations (not Hetalia related). Some of them are incomplete.
The Roman Empire
sh018.gif
pk199.gif
pk612.gif
pk623.gif
pk745.gif
pk870.gif

France
pk186.gif
pk257.gif
pk407.gif
pk589.gif
pk683.gif
pk676debutante.gif

The US
pk080g.gif
pk248.gif
pk463.gif
pk628.gif
pk685.gif
pk842.gif
(
pk746s.gif
alternative for Lickylicky)

The UK
pk321.gif
pk823.gif
pk835.gif
pk855.gif
pk110g.gif

Canada
pk215.gif
pk400.gif
pk497.gif
pk586a.gif

China
pk059.gif
sh130.gif
pk148.gif
pk675.gif
I'm interested why you chose Blaziken and Politoed for France :unsure:

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom