• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
I actually didn't notice the Dalek. It was the size that threw me off. I saw the Four Founders and was like that that's Hogwarts! But it looked too small.
Third largest Lego set, in terms of number of pieces, but it is at microscale not minifigure scale.
I thought I had a clearer picture of the Dalek in the courtyard, but alas, I don’t. :(

An excellent variety. It reminds me of the Lego Movie. Just imagine all of them interacting with each other.
That’s why this is my favorite table in the Lego room so far. The sets interact with each other very well, and it makes for a great display.

Woah! The Millennium Falcon! Impressive!
Yep. The big one. At the time of purchase, it was the largest Lego set ever, in terms of number of pieces. Now it’s second largest, having been supplanted by the newly released Colosseum.

My total collection is probably upward of 300 unique sets, though a good chunk of those would be smaller promotion sets that were given out as gifts with purchase.

Third largest Lego set, in terms of number of pieces, but it is at microscale not minifigure scale.
I thought I had a clearer picture of the Dalek in the courtyard, but alas, I don’t. :(

That’s why this is my favorite table in the Lego room so far. The sets interact with each other very well, and it makes for a great display.

Yep. The big one. At the time of purchase, it was the largest Lego set ever, in terms of number of pieces. Now it’s second largest, having been supplanted by the newly released Colosseum.

My total collection is probably upward of 300 unique sets, though a good chunk of those would be smaller promotion sets that were given out as gifts with purchase.
Ah. That makes sense. It's alright. I now know that there's a Dalek there.

I agree. The synergy is over 9000!

Woah. How many pieces does it have? Are you planning to get the Colosseum?

That's impressive! I like that you most likely have all your sets since you started Lego building.

What's the longest you've spent on building a LEGO set?
36 hours, and that would be the aforementioned UCS Millennium Falcon.
Of course, it wasn’t a continuous 36 hours, but the set did take me that long to assemble, in several 3-4 hour sessions.
Woah. How many pieces does it have? Are you planning to get the Colosseum?
7541 pieces. Retails for $800. I got it for $600.
For now, no intention on purchasing the Colosseum. I got the Falcon for bragging rights and because I like the source material. Not a big fan of Ancient Rome.
That's impressive! I like that you most likely have all your sets since you started Lego building.
Alas, no. Foolish younger ME disassembled a lot of the sets I owned, traded pieces with other kids, and built custom structures, instead. A lot of the oldest sets in my collection, mostly the original Harry Potter sets from the early 2000s, some of the original Star Wars sets from 1999, and the Lego Hydronauts and Stingrays sets from the late 90s, are either missing pieces or were acquired secondhand...or both.

36 hours, and that would be the aforementioned UCS Millennium Falcon.
Of course, it wasn’t a continuous 36 hours, but the set did take me that long to assemble, in several 3-4 hour sessions.

7541 pieces. Retails for $800. I got it for $600.
For now, no intention on purchasing the Colosseum. I got the Falcon for bragging rights and because I like the source material. Not a big fan of Ancient Rome.

Alas, no. Foolish younger ME disassembled a lot of the sets I owned, traded pieces with other kids, and built custom structures, instead. A lot of the oldest sets in my collection, mostly the original Harry Potter sets from the early 2000s, some of the original Star Wars sets from 1999, and the Lego Hydronauts and Stingrays sets from the late 90s, are either missing pieces or were acquired secondhand...or both.
You're very dedicated. I would have likely finished it in weeks or months. But I do love puzzles. So a 7541 piece puzzle would be tough, but challenging.

It's fun to brag about gigantic spaceships. That's understandable. It's big, but aesthetic just isn't for you.

That's a shame. Young and foolish, but also just about having fun and not worrying about the collection value.

You're very dedicated. I would have likely finished it in weeks or months. But I do love puzzles. So a 7541 piece puzzle would be tough, but challenging.
I mean, it did take me several weeks, but actual building time, as in “hands on bricks” moment’s was 36 hours. You said earlier that I do have to juggle my Lego hobby around work and other social obligations.

It's fun to brag about gigantic spaceships. That's understandable. It's big, but aesthetic just isn't for you.
I mean, part of the bragging was that I have the largest Lego set ever made, in terms of number of pieces. I don’t have that anymore, but the Colosseum just isn’t worth buying, IMO.

That's a shame. Young and foolish, but also just about having fun and not worrying about the collection value.
Sometimes, I envy that mentality and wish I was still creative enough to try building my own custom creations. Even if I was, I’d need a massive brick influx, since my “spare bricks” collection is extremely dated, both in terms of colors and available bricks.

Also, back then, I had a great friend and Lego buddy. We’d pool our resources together and build lots of great things. Our biggest collaboration, and part of why my older Harry Potter sets are in such disarray, was a custom Hogwarts castle.
We disassembled all our Harry Potter sets for the unique parts, and pooled our general brick collections into that. It turned out great, but we were never able to fully extract our brick collections from each others’ after that.

...granted, over a decade later, she gave me all her Lego after she joined a cult, so I should have most of the pieces hanging around somewhere. It’s just a matter of digging through thousands of loose bricks and pieces.

I mean, it did take me several weeks, but actual building time, as in “hands on bricks” moment’s was 36 hours. You said earlier that I do have to juggle my Lego hobby around work and other social obligations.

I mean, part of the bragging was that I have the largest Lego set ever made, in terms of number of pieces. I don’t have that anymore, but the Colosseum just isn’t worth buying, IMO.

Sometimes, I envy that mentality and wish I was still creative enough to try building my own custom creations. Even if I was, I’d need a massive brick influx, since my “spare bricks” collection is extremely dated, both in terms of colors and available bricks.

Also, back then, I had a great friend and Lego buddy. We’d pool our resources together and build lots of great things. Our biggest collaboration, and part of why my older Harry Potter sets are in such disarray, was a custom Hogwarts castle.
We disassembled all our Harry Potter sets for the unique parts, and pooled our general brick collections into that. It turned out great, but we were never able to fully extract our brick collections from each others’ after that.

...granted, over a decade later, she gave me all her Lego after she joined a cult, so I should have most of the pieces hanging around somewhere. It’s just a matter of digging through thousands of loose bricks and pieces.
That's true. Very impressed! I wouldn't have much or any juggling to do. So yeah. I would have the time, but procrastinate still. :/

Yeah. Go big or go home... to the other big one. :p

This again reminds me of Lego Movie where the boy built his own scenarios using Lego and his imagination. That's a shame. You should really give it a try when you have the time. Lego has no limits.

I wish that I could see a picture of this custom castle. Yes, I can imagine it must be hard to separate the different sets. It's like tossing several ingredients into a pot for soup and trying to separate the ingredients into their original groups.

That's lucky except for the cult part. Have you ever seen her since then?

I wish that I could see a picture of this custom castle. Yes, I can imagine it must be hard to separate the different sets. It's like tossing several ingredients into a pot for soup and trying to separate the ingredients into their original groups.
Pictures exist...somewhere, but I can’t find them and, for obvious reasons, I don’t really associate with her or her family anymore.

That's lucky except for the cult part. Have you ever seen her since then?
Technically, I didn’t see her then, either. She happened to be back in town, to take care of her mother, and she gathered up all her Lego, which had been in her mother’s basement, and dropped it off at my parents’ house, knowing that it would find its way to me.

For the longest time, I couldn’t even look at those sets, since, as I stubbornly put it, they “smelled like cultist,” but I got over it.

Pictures exist...somewhere, but I can’t find them and, for obvious reasons, I don’t really associate with her or her family anymore.

Technically, I didn’t see her then, either. She happened to be back in town, to take care of her mother, and she gathered up all her Lego, which had been in her mother’s basement, and dropped it off at my parents’ house, knowing that it would find its way to me.

For the longest time, I couldn’t even look at those sets, since, as I stubbornly put it, they “smelled like cultist,” but I got over it.
Ah, I see. They're lost in the spaces in the house that you rarely see. That makes sense. People drift apart.

That's thoughtful of her. Glad to see the Lego go to a good home.

Wow. Yeah, can't let those sets gather dust. They deserve to be brought back and restored.

That's thoughtful of her.
Meh. It was, literally, the least she could do. We’d been best friends for nearly two decades before she joined the cult.

She’s been out for over a year now, but I really still have minimal interest in associating with her.

You made a Star Wars ship from Lego.
Several, actually. Star Wars Lego makes up the majority of my collection.

That is cool
You want to see something not so cool, check this out:
BED937FD-8CFE-41AB-99D8-D74F78071255.jpeg

...because Mos Eisley is very warm.

That's excellent!

Mos Eisley always reminds me of that Epic Rap battle between Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter.
That battle features a lot of actual sets, including the large microscale Hogwarts, the UCS Millennium Falcon, 4 Privet Drive, and Mos Eisley.

Back
Top Bottom