• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN064: The Detested Absol

Now that I've rewatched the AG one.
There was also a scene where characters were falling, but Satoshi commanded Oosubame to save Masato.

If they were recycling the plot, they couldn't do something similar instead of catching?

Now that I've rewatched the AG one.
There was also a scene where characters were falling, but Satoshi commanded Oosubame to save Masato.

If they were recycling the plot, they couldn't do something similar instead of catching?
There has always been a twist

With the unfortunate incidence that happened in JN064, is there hope for Ash to get some Gen 3 representative Pokemon in this world tour? Which Gen 3 Pokemon is popular enough for Ash's team besides Latias?

This was already a rehash, I wouldn't have minded using a Flying type to save Absol.

Even if it was Gou who ordered it, then at least I could've understood the capture.

To set the record straight, the Stockholm syndrome statement was meant as a joke, and I didn’t seriously mean to argue about that.

But I still think that Gou should stop jumping to chucking a Pokeball instead of actually rescuing it. Ash managed to rescue Pokémon from various situations without tossing a Pokeball on it and making it a vessel for his goal.

To set the record straight, the Stockholm syndrome statement was meant as a joke, and I didn’t seriously mean to argue about that.

But I still think that Gou should stop jumping to chucking a Pokeball instead of actually rescuing it. Ash managed to rescue Pokémon from various situations without tossing a Pokeball on it and making it a vessel for his goal.

What is “actually” rescuing it supposed to mean? A rescue is a rescue.

I forgot about Dragonite but Flygon isn’t a Flying type
Yeah, I wrote that thinking on Kairyuu.
At the last moment I thought about being fair and give Gou a chance as well.

I would've preferred reusing the rescue element from the AG episode, instead of the Suicune thing.

What is “actually” rescuing it supposed to mean? A rescue is a rescue.
Maybe Cinderace could've jumped and saved it? I get that there was water involved, but I don't think an Fire type wouldn't be able to handle the heat from the steam.

Honestly, the problem with the ''Pokéball rescue'' thing is that it ultimately it's more harmful than it does good for Goh in a meta sense tbh. Not only does it gives an uneven ground when it comes to releasing the Pokémon, since they were already captured first, so Goh sorta of "already got what he wanted with the dex entry" in a sense, is that, in both instances, while he did gave them the choice to leave, it... didn't really mattered at the end of the day since both Suicune and Absol decided to stay anyways even tho they were mad/unneasy with being captured in this way. So hey, why stop with it if it works everytime am I right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And as others have mentioned already, we have spent over 20 years in this anime being showed over and over again that saving an Pokémon in a dangerous situation doesn't requires captures. And to finish, before anyone tries to ''Ha I gotta now!" with an ''But Ash captured his Cyndaquil like that in Johto", I also don't agree with that, and I don't condone it even if it was Ash who did it.

Last edited:
I dont dislike Gou. I hated the plot of the episode, it is not original.
Man, I can't believe this episode had the characters going somewhere and doing something

How unoriginal can you get? Are the writers even trying anymore? What a terrible show

:bulbaFacepalm:

That's the thing, Goh isn't bad. Its how he is used. Problem is that all leads back to Goh, and now he is hated on both sides of the ocean in a way I don't think any other character necessarily is.

(I think.)
He’s not bad. He’s just exceptionally boring in execution which in turn causes the endless pushing of him to be boring especially when things start to become predictable. At this point, he kinda feels like a universal remote for whatever the writers need him to be in a given episode which defeats the purpose of having a main cast in the first place.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom