• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers New Pokémon Snap

, Omg, Glalie made the cut, didn't expect that. Also, the starter sets, which is earlier expect, seem not to be complete, aside from the Kanto ones, which Squirtle/Blastoise representing that line, Bulbasaur/Venusaur rep and Charmander/Charizard rep. As expected with Lugia and Celebi in, Ho-Oh made the cut
Is there a complete list already out, and could you please link it if so? I want to see which of my favorites made it in, if any. Thanks.

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/CrocOclock/status/1387840653703450631?s=20

Currently the best selling game on Amazon USA too and number two on Japan. I expect it to surpass Monster Hunt rise soon.

It's pretty impressive for a spin-off. I'm predicting five millions copies sold worldwide, especially being one of the highest selling franchises on the Switch. Considering how Sword/Shield surpassed expectations (in sales), I would estimate this selling well on a successful system.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Is there a complete list already out, and could you please link it if so? I want to see which of my favorites made it in, if any. Thanks.

Serebii's list:

Datamined:

View: https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1387771195114889223

Pretty sure Serebii has them all in, but I included the datamine models just in case.

Serebii's list:

Datamined:

View: https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1387771195114889223

Pretty sure Serebii has them all in, but I included the datamine models just in case.

They put Drampa in over Turtonator?! smh /joking

Also the Galar representation is pitiful in my opinion. I can understand why it's so low, but I'm still a little disappointed, especially considering none of the Galar 'mons that I really like made it in.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for my copy to be delivered today, but I'm so excited to play it I can hardly sit still. :wynaut:

Very relieved to see it's doing well on the eShop and Amazon already. I was kind of worried that the gameplay plus being a spinoff would deter people too much, but all of that seems like a good sign for it in the long term!

This game is absolutely gorgeous. Probably my favorite game visually on the Switch. The colors, the environments, they're all amazing.

I've been having a lot of fun with this game so far. Seeing things like Bidoof gathering sticks, or Grookey and Pichu running around and playing just charms me every single time. This is the closest a Pokemon game has ever gotten to feeling like a living, breathing world. And I've only scratched the surface in terms of Pokemon interactions. Which is another thing. I am 2 hours into the game and I am just now going to a place other than Florio Nature Park. There seems to be so much more to this game than the previous one. I think it's the perfect definition of a sequel, it has what made the first game special, but with new qualities that make it feel new and fun.

Last edited:
I'm in love with this game so far. I've played the original Snap a million times, and this is doing a really great job of expanding on its concept in ways I could never even think of, while still keeping the things that gave it its charm to begin with. Even though I'm only a couple hours in, it looks like it has a thousand times more content than its predecessor and I'm probably gonna be spending a while completing this. Not to mention, yes, it looks TOTALLY beautiful. This is basically everything I could ask for from the sequel that I wanted for so long.

Though I guess it's worth mentioning I did run into this weird bug in Blushing Beach where almost all my sound cut out for a minute or so?? Which was... strange but it hasn't happened again so oh well lol. (edit: okay, I think the sound only cuts out whenever Octillery is onscreen. Is this happening for everyone or is my Switch just haunted??)

Last edited:
Just went through something and then i released: All gen 7 starters are represented in their own game. Pokken has Decidueye and not the other 2, while Smash has Incineroar and not the other 2, while Primarina is the only gen 7 starter representative in New Pokemon Snap. This is a cool detail

They have genders

Never played the first one and I wasn't originally planning on getting New Snap because while it seemed like a fun concept I thought I would get bored of it quickly. But it does look beautiful and people seem to be really enjoying it, so I'm considering it. Shoot, my mother might enjoy it too. She tends to enjoy easy-going games and picture taking.

I just finished the main storyline, so here's my (mostly) spoiler-free review of New Pokemon Snap

Visually, as so many people have mentioned, including me, the game is an absolute treat. The environments are well crafted and the Pokemon blend so well into them. The lighting is always spot on, and everything is just so vibrant and colorful. Even areas that seem like they would lack a bit of color make up it by using much more vibrant shades for the parts that do have color.

Going into the Pokemon and locations themselves, there is a wide variety of Pokemon, and most of the types feel well-represented (barring the steel and maybe psychic types, but that does make sense based on the game's locations As for location environments, there seems to be a good mix. I was a little worried going into the game seeing that it would be taking place on some islands, and I was concerned it would stick a bit too close to the tropical theme, but there is the desert that was revealed in trailers and a snowy island. There are definitely more locations than the trailers show off, and most locations have a day and night version, with lots of different Pokemon.

As for the Pokemon in the environments themselves, The pokemon can be seen interacting with the environment pretty often, but there's not all that many secret Pokemon hiding in the environment like there is in the first game. There are a few of them certainly, but from what I've seen of the original Snap there are just not as many. While every location seems t fill up as you get further into it level wise, for some reason I feel like the first two levels do the best at introducing a lot of Pokemon within your first visit (till you reach level 2 at least). That also just might be because I got up to the second level the first time around (in the daytime) in both of the first two locations, and it took me two times around for the third and fourth. The real gold here though is the interactions with the Pokemon, and how many behaviors they can do. Especially as you get higher in level, the Pokemon just seem more nd more emotive. It's really fun. I mentioned before that this is the closest Pokemon has felt to a living world and I stick by that.

Okay, this is coming from someone who likes the story in SwSh, but New Pokemon Snap has arguably a better story than SwSh. Without spoiling it, the whole idea initially wasn't all that intriguing to me, but the more I learned about it, and the more the Professor says, the more interested I was. But the story doesn't just go on around you as it has in games like SwSh, you witness some of it play before your eyes. While the actions are simple, some of your actions push the story forward. You push the story forward. (I may also be a bit biased because having an entire game's story that centers around researching Pokemon and ancient ruins is something I've wanted since forever)

The characters are, eh. I mean, they're fine, but certainly not the best I've seen in Pokemon. I wasn't expecting too much story and character wise though so that's okay. I think some of the dialogue was a little fun. And I do like some of their inclusion into the gameplay.

Gameplay-wise, it's fun and it's substantial. I haven't even photographed all the Pokemon, and have only finished a couple of full photodex ages. I am nowhere near getting to max level on any of the locations (is there a max level?), and still haven't even explored at least one version of a place. I have put 9 and a half hours into the game and while I have beat the story, I am nowhere near fun. That is at least 3x as long as the first game just with the main story alone (at least from what I've heard from others the first snap is 3 hours). Not to mention there are going to be many photos I want to retake. My only gripe gameplay-wise is that sometimes the scan and melody features don't seem to do much to affect the Pokemon. It might just be because of my level though.

So, do I recommend this game? Yes, absolutely yes... if a game about taking photos of Pokemon is your thing. The gameplay is very simple, and at the end of the day if you want more variety of things to do in your game, then this may not be your thing. (It's also worth noting that while I love this simple game, I actually wasn't a big fan of the original). My other major gripe with this game is that there's no demo for it. Having a demo would really help people decide if this kind of gameplay is for them. But besides that, I think this game is well worth the price. There is a lot to do, and with all the cool Pokemon and interactions to see, I think it's all well worth doing.

Oh yeah, guess I should've included the tweet in my post. Oops.

I'll be honest, I don't have this game. I wasn't planning on getting it. However, after seeing more of it and seeing other people having fun, I'm tempted to get it.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom