• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN066: Flabebe's White Flower

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part about evolving is new. The only thing that’s the same is the premise. So not really a copy+paste.
But it's not like it will change a lot. The ''trigger'' may be different but the plot is essentially the same: ''Flabebé lost it's flower and clings to a character's hair cuz it looks like one, now our heroes will have to find an new one''.

May not be an perfect copy+paste, but it seems too familiar for my taste.

But it's not like it will change a lot. The ''trigger'' may be different but the plot is esseantially the same: ''Flabebé lost it's flower and cling to a character's hair cuz it looks like one, now our heroes will have to find an new one''.

I know right, just like the Absol one. Sadly to them most pokemon fans can look through that disguise

But it's not like it will change a lot. The ''trigger'' may be different but the plot is essentially the same: ''Flabebé lost it's flower and clings to a character's hair cuz it looks like one, now our heroes will have to find an new one''.

It could change a lot, we really don’t know enough to call it an exact c/p at this point.
I know right, just like the Absol one. Sadly to them most pokemon fans can look through that disguise
The Absol one wasn’t much of a c/p either.

Except for the target demographic.
I'm very sure that nobody among them had watched the XY episode and will think this is a whole new plot.

Let's hope.

And regarding the Absol one; the whole hating on it is copied, both are set on a rocky scenery, the protagonists need to destroy a rock to avoid a disaster....

The main difference is the reason behind Absol's actions, the TRio absence and that there was a capture.

Both that episode and this one seem rehashed, but the originals were better as they featured more of Satoshi's Pokemon.

Let's hope.

And regarding the Absol one; the whole hating on it is copied, both are set on a rocky scenery, the protagonists need to destroy a rock to avoid a disaster....

The main difference is the reason behind Absol's actions, the TRio absence and that there was a capture.

Both that episode and this one seem rehashed, but the originals were better as they featured more of Satoshi's Pokemon.
And that is a fact.

Let me guess....
They find the flower on a cliff and Gou will need to climb in order to bring Flabebe to it.

This just needs a sad/dark flashback in sepia tones and it's all done.

Screenshot_20210506_183510.jpg

Sorry, but this really reminds me of the XY episode. I know it's hard to judge from a simple summary, so I'm not going to immediately call it a rehash, but it is pretty lame that they can't come up with something that at least sounds unique. Sure, the evolution part is, but the actual conflict, not so much. And XY's Flabébé episode actually packed a pretty good emotional punch. Something tells me this one is gonna be a lot more mundane.

Either way, I wish this was the second part of the Iris episode instead.

This is even stranger because most of these random pokemon focused episodes have been either Galar showcasing, popular pokemon showing up (Flygon, Absol, Piplup and Croagunk, etc.) or at least been those half episode segments (Magikarp, Slowpoke, Gulpin, eyc.)

Whose family was held at gunpoint to warrant an entire episode for... Flabebe of all things?

I’m sure there are plenty of people who like Flabebe and are glad to see it here getting some focus. It seems to me that the plot similarity is an intentional callback (fair enough if you’re not a fan of that), but there will definitely be some new elements as well. Since a main character’s Pokémon is evolving it meets my personal basic criteria for not being considered filler, but I’d like to see if/how they make it interesting beyond that. Ironically, I don’t think White, Red, or Yellow Flower Floette have ever featured at all in the anime beyond background cameos lol. White Flower iirc hasn’t even appeared at all.

I do love the Flabebe line. Due to its appealing design and, well, encountering a White Flower Shiny in Y.
But I have the feeling that this won't be a good episode, the XY one is still resonating.

Making the other four evolve at once, strips them of any possibility of uniqueness.
They seem to work like a single entity in four physical embodiments.

Still those are more props than characters. What do we know about them in terms of characterization?
Nothing, that's the answer. Remains filler to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom