• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Can you please share? thanks!
Here it is!

Also found another while I was looking for it-

Alright, finally got on my computer to crack the second riddle. I had a suspicion that it was going to be this but here it is-

XIXVDDG.png

p2S4Y9r.png

(if you don't know what you're looking at, it's the HEX or HTML codes)

The only generations to have Water/Ground types are 2, 3, 4, and 5.

So one of the Quagsire, Swampert, Whiscash, Gastrodon or Seismitoad lines are getting a regional variant.

Out of these options, the one that stands out to me in relation to Spain is Whiscash, because according to Google-

jO5I6Cz.png

But it could just as easily be any of the others.
you're a genius, i really hope this is the case because i love all of the water/ground pokemon (currently using a quagsire in randomized heartgold and seismitoad is one of my favorite pokemon ever). i think whiscash is more likely based off of the spain thing but i would certainly love to see quagsire or seismitoad get some love!! imagine a third evo for the quagsire line

you're a genius, i really hope this is the case because i love all of the water/ground pokemon (currently using a quagsire in randomized heartgold and seismitoad is one of my favorite pokemon ever). i think whiscash is more likely based off of the spain thing but i would certainly love to see quagsire or seismitoad get some love!! imagine a third evo for the quagsire line
Out of the five families, quagsire is probably my fave, so I would be happy if it got a variant too. XD I like cute derpy salamander faces.

You can tell when a fake leaker truly just wants 5 minutes of fame when they put a date on their leak that is super close to when they post it.
Anyways I'm leaning on fake, some of the names are weird and hard to pronounce and the appearance change example they gave for Arcanine just sounds like a regional variant design more than a temporary power up one (Although the Pikachu one is more fitting for a temp power-up idea)

Might have been covered already (haven't been keeping up :confused:) likely fake leak (and it has a date on it so it will likely be short lived) but it was an interesting read! (Anything in the brackets are notes I added/extra info).

> Pokémon Presents announcement on Friday (They never specified if it meant a direct on Friday or an announcement for one)

> Region is called Sagradel and the main theme is a school rivalry between the Scarlet Institute and Violet Academy.

Gimmick

New Pokémon

Probably fake, but I would really like regional evolutions for both Parasect and Tentacruel.

Might have been covered already (haven't been keeping up :confused:) likely fake leak (and it has a date on it so it will likely be short lived) but it was an interesting read! (Anything in the brackets are notes I added/extra info).

> Pokémon Presents announcement on Friday (They never specified if it meant a direct on Friday or an announcement for one)

> Region is called Sagradel and the main theme is a school rivalry between the Scarlet Institute and Violet Academy.

Gimmick

New Pokémon

Pokemon Presents announcement on Friday is unlikely, since we never get presents on a weekend. So it would be announced the Thursday before and then we get the presents on Friday.

I personally cannot see them doing a Pigeon yet again. We already have 2.

I think the Iberian Magpie or Canary Island are the most likely, considering they are actual Iberia native.

With the Magpie, they can even go > Iberian Magpie > Imperial Spanish Eagle

Orange Dratini regional form. Let me guess, Dragonite is blue?

I don't think that leak seems legit, but I do quite like the idea that the third types are added via new ghost Pokemon. Like how Rotom grants its electric typing when possessing objects.

they could have tried harder on the names tbh. when i saw that "leak" on reddit i immediately thought it was fake just because of how many things this person seemed to be taking from other leaks- didn't you guys discuss a tentacruel regional variant or evolution a few pages back because of a riddle? the ghost thing seems super weird and not something gf would do, it sounds like something a kid would have a hard time understanding. would you need to have this ghost pokemon in your party? does it just travel with you a la rotom dex? sounds weird.

i could see "puercovine" being a name since puerco means pig and the starters appear to sound similar to that (fuecoco/fuego for example), but they could have just looked at the starters and come up with a name that sounds similar by searching up spanish name for pig. i don't believe a word of this leak, but they might have gotten one/both of the school names right by chance since there's only so many words for school lol

they could have tried harder on the names tbh. when i saw that "leak" on reddit i immediately thought it was fake just because of how many things this person seemed to be taking from other leaks- didn't you guys discuss a tentacruel regional variant or evolution a few pages back because of a riddle? the ghost thing seems super weird and not something gf would do, it sounds like something a kid would have a hard time understanding. would you need to have this ghost pokemon in your party? does it just travel with you a la rotom dex? sounds weird.

i could see "puercovine" being a name since puerco means pig and the starters appear to sound similar to that (fuecoco/fuego for example), but they could have just looked at the starters and come up with a name that sounds similar by searching up spanish name for pig. i don't believe a word of this leak, but they might have gotten one/both of the school names right by chance since there's only so many words for school lol
I've definitely seen tentacruel floated around as a potential regional because of the portuguese man o' war, yeah. It doesn't actually fit the riddle at all, though, (although outside of Bulbagarden, most people have ignored my answer because it doesn't fit what they're hoping for or the stupid unverified "Uncle" leak that they're taking as almost 100% legit for some reason).

But yeah, Anysyphus is too awkward, and Halbertarda has "tard" in it prominently with nothing that calls back to a bird or pigeon in any way? Just doesn't seem right at all.

Puercovine's kinda cute, though. I could see that being a name that they'd maybe give in English.

Alright, finally got on my computer to crack the second riddle. I had a suspicion that it was going to be this but here it is-

XIXVDDG.png

p2S4Y9r.png

(if you don't know what you're looking at, it's the HEX or HTML codes)

The only generations to have Water/Ground types are 2, 3, 4, and 5.

So one of the Quagsire, Swampert, Whiscash, Gastrodon or Seismitoad lines are getting a regional variant.

Out of these options, the one that stands out to me in relation to Spain is Whiscash, because according to Google-

jO5I6Cz.png

But it could just as easily be any of the others.

Indeed, the hexadecimal colors for Water and Ground types cannot be a coincidence. However, something is missing.
1. The way it has been presented and considering Khu's previous riddles, it looks like the riddle should point unambiguously to a single Pokemon.
2. Why would the Water type hex be read clockwise and Ground type hex counter-clockwise?
3. Elements of the riddle are not used: the organization into a circle, the placement of the question marked numbers. The "3?" is inside the Water type hex, the "5?" is inside the Ground type hex, while "2?" and "4?" are outside.
Maybe there is more to dig into.

Indeed, the hexadecimal colors for Water and Ground types cannot be a coincidence. However, something is missing.
1. The way it has been presented and considering Khu's previous riddles, it looks like the riddle should point unambiguously to a single Pokemon.
2. Why would the Water type hex be read clockwise and Ground type hex counter-clockwise?
3. Elements of the riddle are not used: the organization into a circle, the placement of the question marked numbers. The "3?" is inside the Water type hex, the "5?" is inside the Ground type hex, while "2?" and "4?" are outside.
Maybe there is more to dig into.
The bull hint doesn't unambiguously hint to a single bovine, though. It lists the generations for Tauros, Miltank, and Bouffalant.
Similarly, this second riddle doesn't hint to one pokemon either, but a common trait they share, which is the Water/Ground typing.

I think the reasons why the hex codes aren't in a particular order is that he was intentionally trying to make the answer a little harder to get, and also because Hex and HTML codes use the same character combinations but not in the same order. Like you can see from my image, the Hex for Water is 0xE29A30, but the HTML code is #309AE2. Both use the 30, 9A, and E2, but not in the same arrangement. Same goes for the color codes for Ground.

The "3?" is inside the Water type hex, the "5?" is inside the Ground type hex, while "2?" and "4?" are outside.

Okay; so I think any additional analysis is stretching, but this gave me an idea. The codes start at 2 and end at 4 but "skip" over 3 and 5. This could mean it's a pokemon in both 2 and 4 which could mean Quagsire.

The bull hint doesn't unambiguously hint to a single bovine, though. It lists the generations for Tauros, Miltank, and Bouffalant.
That is your interpretation and it is not sure yet. Other theories point to Snubull for example, meaning that the numbers would not be related to the generations.

I think the reasons why the hex codes aren't in a particular order is that he was intentionally trying to make the answer a little harder to get, and also because Hex and HTML codes use the same character combinations but not in the same order. Like you can see from my image, the Hex for Water is 0xE29A30, but the HTML code is #309AE2. Both use the 30, 9A, and E2, but not in the same arrangement. Same goes for the color codes for Ground.
Then why not putting everything randomly on the image? Why in a circle and in the correct order from a clockwise or counter-clockwise perspective?

Okay; so I think any additional analysis is stretching, but this gave me an idea. The codes start at 2 and end at 4 but "skip" over 3 and 5. This could mean it's a pokemon in both 2 and 4 which could mean Quagsire.
I like this idea :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom