• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DON'T You Want To See In Gen IX?

• Any lengthy tutorials with no option to skip them. Leaving it in for new players is fine, but please give us the option to skip them like SwSh had.
  • Routes, towns, and dungeons that are simply one long corridor, though given that this is open world, they MIGHT be able to avoid that.
  • No side activities that let us take a break from battling, capturing, and training. We need more stuff like Pokemon Contests, Mantine Surf, and Pokeathlon.
  • The majority of Pokemon getting new forms being Kanto Pokemon. Thankfully we've been shifting away from this.
  • Antagonist base storming segments that are just one long elevator ride with multiple battles. Give us a multi-layered building with puzzles we need to solve

Dragon feels like a no-brainer, since it'd complete the "formerly Special" types cycle.
sorry, but dragon really doesn't fit imo. dragon isn't really an element, it's more a group of creatures. same with bug; that also really doesn't fit. also, they don't have to stick to former special types, as Fairy was never special.

sorry, but dragon really doesn't fit imo. dragon isn't really an element, it's more a group of creatures. same with bug; that also really doesn't fit. also, they don't have to stick to former special types, as Fairy was never special.
Technically fairy isn't an element either, and the only reason it was never special is because it was introduced after the split. If it had existed before then, there's a good chance it would have been in the special category.

I do get that the Eevee family is likely already considered "complete" as far as GameFreak is concerned, and it is something that I also suspect myself. But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be a bit sad to not get new Eeveelutions XD

i guess the main thing is that i don't want to see more of the same that's been experienced in past version games. which it probably will inevitably be; i think it'll likely retain the foundational elements of "become a pokemon champion" goal that's been present since the beginning, but part of me finds that rather boring. swsh took an interesting approach by having a stadium-esque feel to gym battles and that was admittedly fun! but idk, i'm hoping for something.... different, maybe, other than a new coat of paint.

An unchanged EL system transplanted from Legends Arceus. I don't care how much more intuitive and simplified ELs are than EVs, a stat investment mechanic with no global cap is something I will not tolerate. It needs significant tweaks if they want to keep ELs and my attendance.
There's a damn good reason I don't play competitive Gen 1 or 2 or LGPE.

Oh, and a Sound type too. I've always thought that was a ridiculous idea.

Raid battles or anything like them where you rely on idiot AI controlled players.
raid battles weren't that bad in the first half of the game, but since the AI doesn't seem to level with you properly, your going to struggle with the 4 or 5 star raids since they are nearly impossible. if they do add back raid battles, they should really rework on the AI and actually make them level with you properly. like if you have a level 70 pokemon on your team, their level would be level 70 or something like that. i don't want to have to rely on real players online which i need to pay for that per month, 6 months or yearly...

raid battles weren't that bad in the first half of the game, but since the AI doesn't seem to level with you properly, your going to struggle with the 4 or 5 star raids since they are nearly impossible. if they do add back raid battles, they should really rework on the AI and actually make them level with you properly. like if you have a level 70 pokemon on your team, their level would be level 70 or something like that. i don't want to have to rely on real players online which i need to pay for that per month, 6 months or yearly...

I think the point of it was to encourage you to pay for NSO and battle with real players unfortunately. The weak trainers feels very much like an intentional design decision to give players that couldn't play with other people an opportunity to do the Max Raid battles without undermining the incentive to play with other players.

I think the point of it was to encourage you to pay for NSO and battle with real players unfortunately. The weak trainers feels very much like an intentional design decision to give players that couldn't play with other people an opportunity to do the Max Raid battles without undermining the incentive to play with other players.
now that is just mean for them to do...

An unchanged EL system transplanted from Legends Arceus. I don't care how much more intuitive and simplified ELs are than EVs, a stat investment mechanic with no global cap is something I will not tolerate. It needs significant tweaks if they want to keep ELs and my attendance.
There's a damn good reason I don't play competitive Gen 1 or 2 or LGPE.

Oh, and a Sound type too. I've always thought that was a ridiculous idea.
What do you mean by "no global cap?" Gen 1 and 2 EVs have a maximum stat boost they can give. I haven't played LA so I don't know anything about EL beyond what's on it's Bulbapedia page.

What do you mean by "no global cap?" Gen 1 and 2 EVs have a maximum stat boost they can give. I haven't played LA so I don't know anything about EL beyond what's on it's Bulbapedia page.
It's a cap less in a maximum single stat boost way and more a "You can only have a total of X EV's across all stats" kind of way. that EL's and I guess gen 1 and 2 EV's didnt have.

I don't want to see the old battle and catching systems.
I loved Legends' battle and catching systems, but!!! I do know that the battle system is weird for competitive, so if possible, having a way for both to happen would be VERY nice. Something like a toggle system, or important battles are set to the normal style. Lots of people didn't like Legends' battle system so I get if it it's not coming back, I personally would like to see it come again!

The catching needs to stay though. It was much more seamless and fun...!

I don't want to see the old battle and catching systems.
I loved Legends' battle and catching systems, but!!! I do know that the battle system is weird for competitive, so if possible, having a way for both to happen would be VERY nice. Something like a toggle system, or important battles are set to the normal style. Lots of people didn't like Legends' battle system so I get if it it's not coming back, I personally would like to see it come again!

i honestly didn't like the new battle mechanic in legends arceus since it was rather inconsistent to me. there are times where me and the AI would do 3 or even 4 actions in one turn which is all dependent on the pokemon's speed. more speed equals better chances of preforming an action more than once so boosting the speed stat would be your higher priority. and don't even get me started on the fact that only the AI has access to double and trouble battles while you don't and are forced to use just one pokemon in these battles at a time which is just outright unfair. and whats more is that the game even teases you near the beginning about being able to have more than one pokemon out at once in battles when you actually can't. honestly, they should just bring back the old battles the way they always been since the one in legends arceus, like i said, is rather inconsistent and makes one stat more important than the rest. if not then, at least GIVE the player character access to double and triple battles, NOT just the AI. like come on game freak, i seriously don't know what you were trying to do there with only giving the AI access to these battles, let alone tease us about it at the start of the game.

As long as I can make my own pokeballs, I'd like to see more of the legends arceus capture mechanics. If I have to pay for the pokeballs I'm probably gonna be a lot more sparing with them...
yeah the capture mechanics in that game are pretty good so it should for sure return. it gives you a choice of how you want to capture a pokemon. do you avoid getting into a battle with the pokemon and try capturing it from behind? or do you battle the pokemon and weaken it during the battle so you can then capture it? also this mechanic doesn't seem to forcefully put the player into a battle against the pokemon when they touch you or randomly encounter it in the grass which saves the hassle of buying repels to avoid these annoying encounters. they can still be useful in some way like scaring away the pokemon that is lower leveled than the pokemon in your team if you don't want lower leveled pokemon annoying you. and yeah the crafting should also return as well since, its kind of annoying having to fly back to town to buy more pokeballs when your in the middle of something.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom