• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which remakes are your favorites?

Which are your favorites?

• Total voters
Between FireRed/LeafGreen, HeartGold/SoulSilver, and OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, which set of remakes are your favorites?

I have to be honest. Even though I really enjoyed the fact that Hoenn was remade, the games were a little disappointing compared to the Johto remakes.

What about everyone else?
My Favorites are as Follows from Best to fine:
1. Hoenn Remakes(3d, Super Secret Bases, Flying over Hoenn on Mega Latios and/or Mega Latias)
2. Johto Remakes(Pokemon in the Top Right section of the Party walk behind the Protagonist, MY Personal Favorite)
3. Kanto Remakes(better Graphics, and Red's NEW design that Distinguishes Red from Ash Ketchum with Shorter Browner Lighter Hair, and The option to play as a Girl.)

I like all three of them. For me, Omega Ruby is special because I didn't play Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald so my Hoenn experience was through OR. I like Soul Silver because Johto is one of my favorite regions and it's cool to go through that story again.

Sapphire was my first, and I love Alpha Sapphire, both are great games. But, putting nostalgia aside, HGSS are definitely the best remakes imo.

I love them all, I dare say I've historically enjoyed remakes more than main series games, but that's probably because I started and grew up on Gen III, so my experience in Gen I-II was limited, and, although I did get the games passed down to me by my cousin who's quite a bit older than me, by then HGSS were coming around so I had little-to-no incentive to play them. FRLG was a blast and I enjoyed the character redesigns, especially Red, Blue, Lance, and Brock.

HGSS was my first time playing through a Johto game entirely (I usually got bored of any attempted plays of GSC by Goldenrod, probably being accustomed to the new graphics), and again, I enjoyed every minute of it.

ORAS takes the top for me purely because I started in Gen III and clocked probably thousands of hours between RSE, especially Emerald where I beat the Frontier with my team of OP Pokemon. The nostalgia of Hoenn was so great that I'm still playing OR regularly online and such.

I would say ORAS and HGSS are pretty even imo, but ORAS edges it as my favourite remake, and one of my favourite games overall.

My only complaint with ORAS is how there are no rematches with Gym Leaders, Brendan/May, Zinnia and Archie/Maxie in the postgame. All of them should have been daily battles like Wally. Imagine them all with Mega Stones...Just like the Elite Four and Champion...

Everybody was talking about the Battle Frontier's absence, but I don't think it was a must for ORAS.

But I do kinda think that the rematches I listed above were a must, though. They are even hinted in the actual game, which makes them feel like unnecessary teasers (some Gym Leaders say they hope to battle you again sometime, Maxie implies he will rematch you in the Battle Maison but never does, etc)

Everything else is nearly PERFECT in ORAS, and that's good enough for me. But at the same time, I do feel that the lack of those rematches is slightly disappointing and could have made the game even better.

Or, if you don't wanna have those rematches in the game, at least don't tease us by ingame hints, pointing that they are gonna happen. Why turn the players' attention to things you didn't put in the game? I just find this mentality incredibly enraging.

Last edited:
(some Gym Leaders say they hope to battle you again sometime, Maxie implies he will rematch you in the Battle Maison but never does, etc)

You know, I have been wondering about something. When you first arrive at the Battle Resort, you encounter Team Aqua in Omega Ruby and Team Magma in Alpha Sapphire. They both mention that they hope to battle against you one day, and that never does happen, but aside from that... did Game Freak accidentally switch up which of them is supposed to be your Multi-Battle partner as well? Because in OR, Maxie (the villain of the main game) is your Multi-Battle partner, while in AS, it is Archie. But, wouldn't it make more sense for it to be the other way around, since we are shown that Team Aqua is present on the island in OR, and Team Magma is there in AS? That could at least justify them being there, even if they never battle against you. As opposed to what it is now, where the non-villainous team shows up on the island, makes some off-hand comments, and then is never seen or heard from again, while you can call in the now-redeemed villain team boss to be your partner.

Furthering my suspicion is this image on the official site for ORAS. Which couples the scene of Team Magma at the Resort from AS with a shot of... Maxie as your Multi-Battle partner, which is only an option in OR. And vice-versa for Team Aqua and Archie.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first weird oversight in ORAS. I believe you have mentioned before the thing about that Hiker who talks about Trainers at the top of Mt. Chimney, even though nobody shows up there in ORAS. I have also noticed that Phoebe's grandfather recites a myth about Groudon and Kyogre that doesn't seem to be possible in this continuity, although granted, that is dependent on the assumption that the Red and Blue Orbs were formed during Rayquaza's first Mega Evolution in Sootopolis. And there was the thing that we talked about before, with the discrepancy between how often the Litleonids occur. Unless that was, as you speculated, the result of a poorly-made distinction between meteor showers and meteor storms.

Last edited:
You know, I have been wondering about something. When you first arrive at the Battle Resort, you encounter Team Aqua in Omega Ruby and Team Magma in Alpha Sapphire. They both mention that they hope to battle against you one day, and that never does happen, but aside from that... did Game Freak accidentally switch up which of them is supposed to be your Multi-Battle partner as well? Because in OR, Maxie (the villain of the main game) is your Multi-Battle partner, while in AS, it is Archie. But, wouldn't it make more sense for it to be the other way around, since we are shown that Team Aqua is present on the island in OR, and Team Magma is there in AS? That could at least justify them being there, even if they never battle against you. As opposed to what it is now, where the non-villainous team shows up on the island, makes some off-hand comments, and then is never seen or heard from again, while you can call in the now-redeemed villain team boss to be your partner.

Furthering my suspicion is this image on the official site for ORAS. Which couples the scene of Team Magma at the Resort from AS with a shot of... Maxie as your Multi-Battle partner, which is only an option in OR. And vice-versa for Team Aqua and Archie.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first weird oversight in ORAS. I believe you have mentioned before the thing about that Hiker who talks about Trainers at the top of Mt. Chimney, even though nobody shows up there in ORAS. I have also noticed that Phoebe's grandfather recites a myth about Groudon and Kyogre that doesn't seem to be possible in this continuity, although granted, that is dependent on the assumption that the Red and Blue Orbs were formed during Rayquaza's first Mega Evolution in Sootopolis. And there was the thing that we talked about before, with the discrepancy between how often the Litleonids occur. Unless that was, as you speculated, the result of a poorly-made distinction between meteor showers and meteor storms.
It does make more sense that way, now that you mention it... Nice detective work!

I mean, it could be the ORAS website people that got it the wrong way, and the game developers got it right. But, having Archie in OR and Maxie in AS,as you suggested, would suit the games better, because it would justify the whole dialogue with the opposite Leader and admins in both games. I mean, if you remember, in both games, the admins leave the island after the dialogue ends, but the Leader goes towards the Battle Resort, where you would indeed team up with said leader, if they changed them around.

Regarding the hiker, I assumed that maybe it was the translation teams that got it wrong, and not the game developers, considering how said dialogue with the hiker (Trent) was translated differently from country to country. (in Korean, for instance, the Hiker talks about a single trainer on top of Mt. Chimney, from what I've heard, but talks about Trainers in plural in the English version).

As for our convo about the Littlenoids, I think we got it right: GF just didn't explain the difference of "Meteor Storm' and 'Meteor Shower' as properly as the internet explains it about the real world Leonids counterpart xD But I think it's not an error of GF.

Last edited:
Problem with rematching Wally is that you need to do the super rank of the battle maison and not everyone can do that. That was a bit I didn't like from ORAS. Also didn't like the battle after the credits with your friend since you get no experience points or money. No gym leader rematches didn't help either. However, HGSS isn't perfect either as it had some issues too. I choose HGSS as my favorite since having two regions in one game is fun despite some flaws.

Problem with rematching Wally is that you need to do the super rank of the battle maison and not everyone can do that. That was a bit I didn't like from ORAS. Also didn't like the battle after the credits with your friend since you get no experience points or money. No gym leader rematches didn't help either. However, HGSS isn't perfect either as it had some issues too. I choose HGSS as my favorite since having two regions in one game is fun despite some flaws.

Getting to Super Rank is awfully easy. The normal rank battles have horrendous AI using base or middle form Pokemon.

Getting to Super Rank is awfully easy. The normal rank battles have horrendous AI using base or middle form Pokemon.

Yes for you maybe, but not for everyone. I myself had quite some trouble getting to Super Rank. Also to get to Wally you actually need to beat the Super Rank battles, which even you have to admit is not an easy feat.

Yes for you maybe, but not for everyone. I myself had quite some trouble getting to Super Rank. Also to get to Wally you actually need to beat the Super Rank battles, which even you have to admit is not an easy feat.

Ah, I didn't know you had to beat the Super Rank battles, which I did do, I didn't pay too much attention to the rematches with Wally, I just talked to him one day and then we battled so yeah. You're right about the Super Rank battles being tough, I had my entire team swept by an Aerodactyl the other day :LOL:

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, as I love Soaring, DexNav, the improved storyline, and most new Megas. That being said, I also like HG/SS and FR/LG.

It's a tie between HGSS and ORAS. There are more things in HGSS I prefer to ORAS, but ORAS is more fun to play through because of HGSS' bad level curve and general gen4 slowness and because of ORAS having DexNav and QoL changes.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom