• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN116: Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance should win. And then he fights against Cynthia.
If Lance wins he's not gonna be fighting Cynthia, he's gonna be fighting Leon. This was already shown in how the tournament bracket was arranged:
tLcxbwHTidXv8JtRJZNMeCJW2JjtMdxt2fwAJoIBQEw.png

As you can see from the order, the only way that Lance could fight Cynthia in this tournament is if both of them made it to the final round. And it's obvious that that's not going to happen.

Both Lance and Diantha are strong. There's no big gap in between their skill levels.

I like carne, not to much with lance but he is better than Steven. In reality I hate them both

But I think that both tobias and pyramid king are the best from these three Steven carne and lance specially pyramid king.

Pyramid King is one of the smartest player and one of the strongest player ever

I feel like this battle could honestly go either way.
And that's precisely why it's actually pretty exciting. It's the only battle that doesn't really have a clear winner right off the bat.

Well... I guess you could make an argument that the eventual Ash x Leon isn't that clear either, but I digress.

And that's precisely why it's actually pretty exciting. It's the only battle that doesn't really have a clear winner right off the bat.

Well... I guess you could make an argument that the eventual Ash x Leon isn't that clear either, but I digress.
You know, that’s genuinely kinda sad that because of how they set up these brackets that there’s little to be genuinely excited about because, aside from 1 battle, the outcome is predictable. Even a league is less predictable in how it plays out.

You know, that’s genuinely kinda sad that because of how they set up these brackets that there’s little to be genuinely excited about because, aside from 1 battle, the outcome is predictable. Even a league is less predictable in how it plays out.
People are plenty excited to see Iris/Cynthia and Ash/Steven even though we know who will win.

Besides that what do people expect? There has to be 4 people who lose the first round and we know Leon and Ash have to progress. This is the same for any tournament.

Lance vs Diantha and Iris vs Cynthia are on the wrong sides of the bracket. Would've been much more interesting if they were flipped.

I've read many comic book stories where the interesting thing is not what will happen, but how it will happen. The same applies here. Even if most of the results are predictable, it won't stop the battle from being interesting to me, as long as they are well written.

I warmed up to the brackets, but perhaps they should've kept the full bracket a secret until the second round like how they used to do in previous leagues. With the full bracket on display, we pretty much already know 75% of the round 2 match-ups.

Obligatory Diantha must win post

I've read many comic book stories where the interesting thing is not what will happen, but how it will happen. The same applies here. Even if most of the results are predictable, it won't stop the battle from being interesting to me, as long as they are well written.
Even comic books come with twists and turns when it comes to reaching the outcome. We might get some decent battles but with no real twists or air of unpredictability it just becomes so paint by the numbers that it takes away where the real fun lies. The destination may be Ash vs Leon but that doesn’t mean that they had to make the journey so obvious especially once they got to the main event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom