• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Masters Eight Discussion/Speculation Thread

I don't like Steven too much and I really like the wan the gym leader however why Steven is completely different in AG than xy

There's a twitter account called PokeFansTaiwan and they've been leaking certain anime info, such as Alain having a Chesnaught and Malamar or the outcome of Ash's battle with Paul. Seems according to them, Diantha is defeating Lance and we will get the Ash vs. Champion Cynthia battle.

There's a twitter account called PokeFansTaiwan and they've been leaking certain anime info, such as Alain having a Chesnaught and Malamar or the outcome of Ash's battle with Paul. Seems according to them, Diantha is defeating Lance and we will get the Ash vs. Champion Cynthia battle.
How interesting. Still, some much-needed redemption/positive representation for the Kalos Champion. (And hey, now we get see even more of Diantha's Pokemon, since she'll be the one battling Leon! :D) Can't wait for Ash vs. Cynthia either BTW. Reallllly hoping they don't screw this up. If nothing else, we better see a Mega Lucario and Mega Garchomp showdown at the end, dammit!

How interesting. Still, some much-needed redemption/positive representation for the Kalos Champion. (And hey, now we get see even more of Diantha's Pokemon, since she'll be the one battling Leon! :D) Can't wait for Ash vs. Cynthia either BTW. Reallllly hoping they don't screw this up. If nothing else, we better see a Mega Lucario and Mega Garchomp showdown at the end, dammit!
Huh. Now that I think about it, having the Pokémon Champions of the equivalent of the United Kingdom and France go up against each other certainly makes for quite the "European" spectacle. If this leak is true, I'm ecstatic to know Diantha will be getting a win soon.

Huh. Now that I think about it, having the Pokémon Champions of the equivalent of the United Kingdom and France go up against each other certainly makes for quite the "European" spectacle. If this leak is true, I'm ecstatic to know Diantha will be getting a win soon.
Good point. I'm also hoping for Diantha to win. Would probably help soften the complaints about her being the "weakest" Champion.

So Lance loses every battle he has on-screen?
Pretty fitting considering his role in the original games, to be honest. You get there and find out you're the second pre-teen with a few weeks of experience to defeat him that day.:p
Well you know, except for that time he kicked Tyson's butt in Johto (the Team Rocket commander, not the guy from the Hoenn League.) But yeah still, poor Lance. And in his debut back in Johto they made him seem pretty unstoppable. Well, like you said, in the games he gets whupped by two pre-teens in the very same day.

Well you know, except for that time he kicked Tyson's butt in Johto (the Team Rocket commander, not the guy from the Hoenn League.) But yeah still, poor Lance. And in his debut back in Johto they made him seem pretty unstoppable. Well, like you said, in the games he gets whupped by two pre-teens in the very same day.
To be fair, most of Team Rocket, even outside of the infamous TRio, is basically canon fodder, so wins against them aren't usually that much of a feat.

ngl i gave up on journeys around like ep 50 so at this point every once in a while i'm just checking the forums like this and seeing if they pulled anything else to piss people off
1656894272134.png

that said though, with my recent beyblade watching (yes i know i keep going on about that) and just how batshit the finals there were, i'm realizing: how ARE they gonna end these? they'd need something to surpass ash's match with kukui for sure, but also like.. how ARE they gonna do that. how do you cap off a world championship with something worth all the time people spent following this? besides having someone almost die and also having what i can only compare to the bittercold fight in pmd that is. like, this is something that's gonna need a HUGE amount of drama and spectacle and i'm just.. not sure how that would be achieved. there's not a ton at stake, the only legendary i could see leon using is urshifu, and overall just... how do you make this work. i mean i've mentioned the possibility of rose coming back right before the finals (i admit that is. a very optimistic assumption probably) but unless that hypothetical plotline IS the finale in a twist of events, it doesn't really change the fact that the final battle will, i assume, be ash vs leon.

TLDR: the writers are gonna need to pull some INSANE shit to make the ending to all this worth it

I didn't see much change with Journeys after the change!
It feels the same as at the beginning!
Really? Because I'm noticing a lot of changes, mostly beneficial ones. Like Ash's party pokemon appearing much more often for starters. (As it should have been from the beginning........:cautious:) Not to mention them actually (gasp!) interacting with each other, and-perhaps most importantly-Ash's Pokemon don't disappear for 14 episodes at a time anymore!! Thank god!

Really? Because I'm noticing a lot of changes, mostly beneficial ones. Like Ash's party pokemon appearing much more often for starters. (As it should have been from the beginning........:cautious:) Not to mention them actually (gasp!) interacting with each other, and-perhaps most importantly-Ash's Pokemon don't disappear for 14 episodes at a time anymore!! Thank god!
meh if there is not much difference besides that, almost nothing really!:unsure:

meh if there is not much difference besides that, almost nothing really!:unsure:
Believe me, the change in head writer has had notable effects on the series. For example, Goh doesn't go on similar catching sprees as he used to early on.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom